Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

nootsie
05.25.2017 , 01:01 PM | #9051
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
I had a dude I met in a FP attempt to flirt with me in private chat, simply because I was playing a female character. I don't think it dawned on him that I could possibly be a man, which I am, and I just went along with his flirting, because I thought it was really...really funny.
Back when the first "sexy" and "provocative" female outfits were released and available, I got some of them for a few of my female toons. I remember dressing up one of my female guardians with Loungewear Bottoms, Magnificent Dancer Belt, Sensuous Dress Top, and Covert Energy Gloves, Bracers and boots. At the time, before many people had some of those pieces, you didn't see too many female toons dressed like that. So, of course, I would get multiple random whispers daily from dudes trying to flirt. By the tone of some of the flirts, I could tell that some of them actually assumed I was a female, while others I could tell they were just "joke" flirts and didn't care one way or the other if I was really a male or female. Now that there are many ways to sexily or provocatively dress female toons, they are commonplace in the game. So, most people have figured out those are actually G.I.R.L.s (Guys In Real Life) behind the toons and flirts aren't as commonplace as they were. Though, a week or two ago, I did get a whisper flirt from someone while playing one of my female toons.

Flirts can go the other way too. A few years ago, a male guildie from Ebon Hawk was on his male gunslinger and got a random whisper from someone wanting to ERP. Turns out the random whisper he got wasn't really random, but he didn't know it at the time. A female friend of his created a new female toon and wanted to "surprise" and "shock" him by being "dirty" in ERP-speak. LOL

nootsie
05.25.2017 , 01:54 PM | #9052
One Question:

When was the last time you remember someone dying on the first trash mob or 2nd trash mob in Master Mode (old Hard Mode) Black Talon? or even wiping on a boss in MM Black Talon?

I can't remember.

But that all changed last night. I was on my Tier 3 Merc Healer, mostly geared in 242 with a couple 236 pieces still ( i had no 248 pieces yet since I'm not Tier 4 and haven't done any NiM OPS runs on that toon yet.) Anyway, it was late and I had already completed my weekly for MM Flashpoints and Uprisings. Most people from guild had already logged off. So, there were no guild OPS runs going on. I was bored but didn't want to quit playing for the night. I decided to queue for a random MM Flashpoint for more CXP, hoping I would get one of the more challenging ones, such as Blood Hunt, Battle of Rishi or Lost Island. When, Black Talon popped, I thought "Okay, this should be quick and easy CXP." I was wrong. I am not the type of person to check everyone's gear or their level before a run starts and never do. Anyway, the tank was a Jugg, one DPS was a sniper and the other was a Sin. The very first trash mob we encounter, after the first couple conversations (the imperial guard who is blocking your way from entering,) the tank and one of the DPS dies. I thought to myself, "Oh $h*t! Did I forget to respec to heals or something? Or did I forget to put healing abilities back on my bars after playing as DPS on that toon earlier in the day?" After a quick look, I was in heal spec and had all my abilities back on my bar. So, I knew it wasn't me. I just chalked that up to people being rusty or in a hurry. We get to the 2nd trash mob and the tank goes down again. LOL. I quickly inspect him and notice he is level 55 and not 70. No big deal in that aspect since Black Talon MM is simple enough even for level 50s assuming other people in group can help carry. But when I look at his gear, He is wearing all green trash modded gear, which is okay while leveling. The problem was most of his mods weren't up-to-date. He had some mods that were rated 46 (the kind you first use on DK or Coruscant) and some rated as high as 136, with many mods ranging in between those. So when we reach the Command Deck and before we speak to the Captain and his crew, I type in chat, telling the tank he needs to and should upgrade his mods as soon as the FP is over. He didn't respond in chat but at least it let the 2 DPS know that he was the cause of the deaths and not me or them. The 2 DPS didn't say anything in chat either. So, on our way to the first boss, no one died, but I was observing the tank and he was totally clueless on what to do. He wasn't taunting, holding threat, using guards and most of the time, he was just standing still. When he would leap in or throw his saber, he did it way too late after the trash was almost dead. Right then, I decided he was either a newbie or a little kid playing a toon on one of his parent's accounts. We reach the first boss and we wiped. The tank didn't say anything and just quit. So, I queue up for replacement. We pulled out a companion and put them in tank stance. We took down the first boss. Then on second boss (the one that spawns fire probes) the tank companion melted since you have to really micromanage them to get out of fire. We wiped on first try. One of the DPS wanted to try their companion in tank mode (influenced to level 50). We give that a shot and it was going smoothly. Almost had the boss down when the companion disappears because the replacement tank popped. So, it's the 2 DPS and me left since the replacement tank had to make a trek to get to us. One of the DPS dies but the other one and me survive and we get the boss down right when the replacement tank made it to us. The replacement tank was a Sin and the rest of the FP went smoothly.

That Black Talon run was the worst experience I ever had in that FP (including first-time lowbie social runs where no one is geared coming fresh off starter planets and Tactical/Veteran runs in which you don't have balanced groups.)

Memo-
05.30.2017 , 07:20 PM | #9053
I rarely write here, but something happened a few hours ago that I just need to share.

ToS GF. I spot someone looking for the last dps to finish their group so I throw them a whisper. I'm on a character I'm not about to use so I say the usual "if you still need a dps, I can relog" to which they answer "ok". Seemed a bit odd, but I thought nothing of it, log on to a Sniper and join the group. A few minutes go by without anything happening, though I see half the group standing on Yavin 4. I ask if we're going or not - no answer, but pretty soon we are in GF and the journey begins.

We stand in front of the first trash pack for 2 minutes before the tank pulls. The two trash pulls before Malaphar go baseline smoothly, though I pull aggro a few times, both with single target and dot spread. But hey, it happens. We get into the boss room and again, a few minutes go by with the group just standing there. Then the tank moves about the room, places a few markers and inexplicably pulls from the corner that leads away from the room, making the whole group run through the whole room to get into Malaphar's circle. Except the healers don't get in. Well, yeah, if they aren't going to DPS it doesn't really matter, they can stand outside. But then I see that a Merc DPS is also standing outside, quickly goes to the max stacks of five and it stays that way for the rest of the fight. At least on HM I think five purple stacks makes you deal 0 damage (it does for healing at least), but not sure on SM. They can't have been doing terribly much damage, though. I also realise we actually have two tanks at this point. I also realise that this group was all from the same guild, explaining the standing around and unexplained markers - they are in VoIP, of course. The guild's name was related to something having to do with Disney and Final Fantasy characters.

Malaphar is messy. I can normally just sit my but in Malaphar's circle and pewpew away until he's dead. This time around, my health is constantly so low that I go out and cleanse the stacks at 20, then again at 15. I also dropped down to 3 purple stacks on the first "cleanse" because the boss was suddenly being moved around in a random pattern and I couldn't quite get into the circle, even with sniper roll. Someone dies, but we eventually kill the guy. Not sure how much HP Malaphar has, but I did 2,9mil damage on him and it felt like I was pulling most of the weight. Loot is master loot, of course, and the leader just takes the loot and onward we go. The trash between Malaphar and Sword Squadron is slow but I think we all made it through alive. Seeing as they struggled somewhat on Malaphar (and yes, I realise I could have made it easier for them by adopting a hard mode mentality and actually periodically cleansing my stacks) I ask if they'd like me to carry the bomb. After a minute of silence someone says "yes" and we proceed to pull.

Even with aggro drop, the first Rapid Fire from Unit 1 is on me. No worries, I was kind of expecting it and kite it on my way to get the bomb, which due to Rapid Fire gets there ~5 seconds late. Tank dies at some point (to Rapid Fire, what else), they are revived an agonizing while later (half a minute, probably) and I think that we can still pull through it, but as I'm carrying a bomb I'm pummeled to death by both units, so U1 was definitely not taunted back. They brave on, I write some instructions in chat and it seems they are following them to some extent, but enrage causes the rest of the group to wipe with U2 at 40% and U1 at 10%. We regroup, and the next pull is practically a repetition of the first, just a minute faster. We might have taken a pull or two more but I eventually ask if they would like to hear some pointers, to which they agree. With "they" I mean some random member who actually answered me, the chat is completely silent otherwise. I tell the tanks (which were swapped around at some point) to be wary of Rapid Fire and to just keep moving when it is being channeled. I asked for healers or the Merc DPS to combat revive ASAP if either tank or bomb carrier (me) dies. I reminded them of the shield mechanic as well and of the importance to target swap, even for short whiles. We go again, and although it is one of the messiest SM Sword Squadron pulls I've seen, we kill it, with me being the lone survivor.

I've been extremely patient and kind with them and feel like we can still pull through with it, although by now any other TRE pug would have already completed the operation and I would have had my GF daily bonus, CXP and conquest points. We clear trash and I say a few simple helpful tips about Underlurker on the way - kill adds when they spawn, hide behind rocks during "Collapse" and for the cross, just make sure each side has at least 1 person in it. After clearing the group spends five minutes running back and forth the corridor, swapping leads and I just have to ask what they are doing. Trying to loot a deco, they say. Eventually we get there, but not before they spend another few minutes standing still (yeah yeah, going through tactics). Overall HP is low on the first pull and I think we fail the first cross, resulting in a wipe (but not before the three or four surviving players give it their absolute all, dragging the fight on for over a minute). I explain the cross again. There might have been other pulls before this one, but nothing noteworthy, just dead raid. We pull again, first Collapse, the other healer backpedals from a safe spot right into a falling rock. I might have lashed out a bit in chat, but nothing serious, just "literally, you walked into a rock". We go again, the other healer dies to something, we fail a cross, there are still people alive but we hit four minutes and the boss is still at 50% with only 6 people alive. We of course still have two tanks in the group, to which I didn't dare to suggest otherwise, but it's a statement to the DPS as well. At some point I also pointed out that the two Juggernaut DPS could as well guard me and the Merc DPS since it's completely free. I get an "ok" yet no one actually does anything.

We fail spectacularly again, they say they are going to switch characters to their mains (though ultimately I think only three people relogged). We roll for the two loot we got and I get the Malaphar bracers. While they are switching, I respectfully take my bow and explain the situation to them in chat - but /leave before they could answer.

----------------------------------------

I thought I could carry almost anything, but there are limits I see. The healers were obviously very inexperienced, I mean I could probably have solohealed Underlurker without too much effort. The DPS were all 230 geared at least, though as I checked their accuracy I was quite amused by the rate at which it went up. First was around 770. Then 790, then 890 or so. Well, maybe they didn't have the companion buff, who knows. Merc DPS also had like 600 crit and 1200 alacrity. The sin tank was surprisingly in almost full 242 with a few 248 pieces to boot, but meh, they started combat with a melee attack and taunt.

I realise I might come off as an elitist snob in this, but believe me, I really tried to be nice and guide them, knowing just how much the elitist raider stereotype is hated. But it seriously can't be expected of me to not only help them with tactics, but to literally guide their character builds and rotations as well. Something which should have been a quick half hour ultimately took two hours and we didn't even down Underlurker. At least I got two CXP packs and the bracers for my troubles. In before someone claims ninja.
Maliris | Dela-jaakko | Sakkó | Sóppa | Farís | Hedelmâ | Sopraano | Hálal
Rai'chu | Eettinen Luomu | Välí | Véres | Bas'so | Seven of-Nine | Jauhé | Banthan
Haram | Weímar | Ethawn | Kuiva | Altto | Keíno | Delaráh | Luccía | Stilva | Tenorí | Baritoni
The Red EclipseThe Lihavuori Legacy

Rkillerfin
05.31.2017 , 08:06 AM | #9054
Just putting in a #blamedela for not heroicly carrying the group through

Memo-
05.31.2017 , 08:28 AM | #9055
Quote: Originally Posted by Rkillerfin View Post
Just putting in a #blamedela for not heroicly carrying the group through
Oops, you got me there.

//Forgot to mention this as well: As they were a guild group and as they obviously were either all newish and inexperienced or running new members through (I only inspected the main tank's achievements - all SMs except Tyth, EV and KP HM and Dash'Roode HM), I think they should have made that clear in the LFM message. And if not there, at least when someone joined them. And I said as much to them. After all, the expectation for an SM operation is low effort, quick rewards. This ended up as low rewards and high effort, and that should have been made apparent at the beginning. Mind you, I still would have stuck with them.
Maliris | Dela-jaakko | Sakkó | Sóppa | Farís | Hedelmâ | Sopraano | Hálal
Rai'chu | Eettinen Luomu | Välí | Véres | Bas'so | Seven of-Nine | Jauhé | Banthan
Haram | Weímar | Ethawn | Kuiva | Altto | Keíno | Delaráh | Luccía | Stilva | Tenorí | Baritoni
The Red EclipseThe Lihavuori Legacy

Halinalle
06.04.2017 , 12:52 AM | #9056
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharandil View Post
Turns out, when someone doesn't know rotations or choose certain perks for his role you could still be a very very very bad healer...
Would help if players wait for another player to switch to heals. A lot of players seem to think this works just like in WoW. And then act surprised when they realize it doesn't.
- Can abandon discipline while in combat
- Can't select another discipline while in combat
- Can't apply utilities while in combat.

And then they cry about how one player doesn't do anything useful.

Also didn't even know Combat Medic has rotation.

Gelious
06.10.2017 , 06:06 AM | #9057
This epic fail has nothing to do with GF. but I think it deserves to be writtten down anyway.

So, yesterday. 10 p.m. I was ready to stop playing and go eat supper, when I saw a raid for Hateful Entity gathering.(For those uninitiated, its a secret boss of SnV only accessable in 16 man NIM after you kill Titan)

I saw multiple attempts but only 1 kill of HE, way back in 3.2 (I think) and I died in the beginning, so didnt help much. And I was so bad at this fight, that people stopped inviting me to it. So I decided it's time to finally really kill it, even if I have to delay supper. I get invited, see that the raid is about 10 people, still missing a tank, heals and some DPS. I think about getting supper while waiting, but I am afraid they gonna start without me and kick me out. (I am a melee dps, not the most ideal or needed paticipant)

And so I wait.... An hour passes. We finally get what we need and enter. Using speeder we arrive too far and have to run back. That's when I notice there are no sabretooths (or whatever they called) anywhere and you can't summon HE without them. I say so in chat. Turns out the leader, who had lockout, killed 3 bosses, not 2, so no trash here left for us to use. After briefly exploring the notiong of regrouping and killing 2 bosses again (yea, right) everybody leaves and the raid is over.

That was an hour (more for some, I am sure) of everybody time wasted for absolutely nothing.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Torvai
06.12.2017 , 01:06 AM | #9058
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
And so I wait.... An hour passes. We finally get what we need and enter. Using speeder we arrive too far and have to run back. That's when I notice there are no sabretooths (or whatever they called) anywhere and you can't summon HE without them. I say so in chat. Turns out the leader, who had lockout, killed 3 bosses, not 2, so no trash here left for us to use. After briefly exploring the notiong of regrouping and killing 2 bosses again (yea, right) everybody leaves and the raid is over.

That was an hour (more for some, I am sure) of everybody time wasted for absolutely nothing.
You either were in HM or SM and not in NiM at all. Or in an 8m instance(can't imagine this by what you write, but whatever).
Because the trash you need to kill to be able to summon the boss is ALWAYS there. And actually a at least thrasher clear, better Olok as well is more or less a must, since when you wipe there, the whole raid is rezzed to random positions between the first and 4th boss. So if there is any trash still standing, or even Thrasher and you wipe on HE, you will pull that as well and simply wipe again.
So either you had the wrong phase or some idiot already killed the trash not knowing they are needed in order to summon the boss. In that case, you have to reset the instance. Or the trash only reapperas in a clear instance, I don't know for certain.

Zerileth
06.12.2017 , 01:13 AM | #9059
K two quick ones and then off to bed.
Weird day.

Trying to get as many personal Conquests done on the last day. I am not a fan of "tanking" but it was one of my last alts that hadn't finished Conquest so I decided to do the Balmorra quests and a HM FP. I chose HM BT as I had 2/3 and just wanted the Weekly credit for Conquest.

So me on tank, and the trinity. Only the healer says "hi" at the beginning. We go through the FP and I'm trying to utilize the shortcuts but one of the DPS must be new. No big deal. We're all "spacebarring" and for the most part the FP is going through just fine. Again, zero chat from the 2 dps. Get to final boss, done.... We spare General, and run to the final dialog.

One of the DPS is lagging way behind.... about 30 seconds later he runs into the dialog circle but doesn't press the conversation button. Waiting.... waiting.... waiting....

He starts dancing w/ me. huh? So.... I'm about to type: "please start convo" when he types:
( My char's name) is a H..o... (4 letter nasty word starts w/ H and ends w/ O, rhymes with bono)

I say: "thx all, " and the healer types TYFG or something..... Whatever triggered him I"ll never know.

2:
Athliss FP Tactical

We all get in and start running toward the mine thingie. Jump down. I say: " I have arch.... "
A kick is initiated.
It's me.
It goes through.
I type "sad face"
I'm booted. But, thx to the new group chat bug, I see one of the other players asks why I was kicked. The kicker says: "They were playing "Hatred."

Your guess is as good as mine....

nyrkverse
06.12.2017 , 01:53 AM | #9060
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
And actually a at least thrasher clear, better Olok as well is more or less a must, since when you wipe there, the whole raid is rezzed to random positions between the first and 4th boss.
I had a wonderful screenshot with my sin standing in Bo Zarran's booth, just behind him and in stealth like ready for the kill thanks to that. Best part of Hateful Entity by far ;D

Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post

I'm booted. But, thx to the new group chat bug, I see one of the other players asks why I was kicked. The kicker says: "They were playing "Hatred."

Your guess is as good as mine....
lol, that is really sad tbh, how incredibly delusional and lame do you need to be to boot anyone from a tactical flashpoint period... and even more so because of the discipline they're playing? You're probably lucky they kicked you, all things considered
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»