Top 3 burstiest classes in 7.0?

ralphieceaser

It kind of depends how short a window we're talking about. Are we talking about a couple GCD's only (e.g. when trying to burst someone down in a ranked pvp match before the healer and tank can respond), or a longer window of 10+ seconds in which a tight dps check needs to be passed (e.g. burn phases in some operation mechanics). In either case, I think PT's still make a very strong contender:

In the former case, AP will always be one of the best. With Thermal Detonator being pre-applied, rockets off the gcd and a very powerful autocrit in Energy Burst they can do incredible damage in even a single GCD. Add fuel on top of that and Power Yield which will instantly build 4 Energy Lodes. I don't think any class is going to be able to compete with that.

If we're talking about longer burst windows, Pyro still has a pretty good claim. Sure Firefall is gone, but there's still the tactical which increases your flame attacks critical chance to 100% under Fuel. That turns Pyro into an absolute monster for 15 seconds. Though Pyro is definitely hurt the most by the loss of Firefall, as Fuel would make it a guaranteed crit for them.

Overall I fully expect AP to remain the king of burst. Yeah Firefall will be gone, but even without they have some amazing burst. I mean being able to throw out two autocrit Energy Bursts back to back? With TD and Shoulder Cannon in there as well? Yikes.

Edited by AdjeYo