Could we please get new options in the character creator?

IIHawkerII

It's been quite a while since we've seen an update to the character creator, I believe the last one was a free hairstyle back in 2017? Would it be possible for some new options to make their way in? Or if not, could someone representing Bioware explain what's going on with the character creator right now? Cheers!

List of Requested Character Customizations I've seen over and over again:

- Aged character complexions

- Beard complexions (Koth, Revan, Arn, etc)

- Cyborg Beards available for Humans

- More variety in Twilek headbands (Major Anri)

- More variety in Miraluka Headbands (Blindfold)

- More variety in Cybernetics (Can be accomplished outside of the creator with armor pieces 'Cybernetic Helmets')

- More 'creature' races (Can be accomplished outside of the creator with armor pieces 'Creature Masks')

- Beards for Miraluka

- More Zabrak Hairstyles

- More scar options

- Tattoos available to more classes (Can be accomplished with more complexions)

- Cyborg head options available to other races

Wrinkles

Paul-sized teen bodies (Paul who's with the separatists and his parents are worried about them)

My list gets longer every time I think about it, and if you add my full list with what anyone else ever put down, the devs would have to jettison the existing char creator and start over (and most likely also update the database schema as well to accommodate all variations).

"Huh, there aren't that many different faces available. Ah well, they'll add more on release I'm sure"

- me like 10 years back :p

Still waitin!

My biggest disappointment was and remains with really modest differences between races. Steely eyepatch=cyborg! Yeah..right. Cyborg..Ok. Great.

Edited by Stradlin

It's been quite a while since we've seen an update to the character creator, I believe the last one was a free hairstyle back in 2017? Would it be possible for some new options to make their way in? Or if not, could someone representing Bioware explain what's going on with the character creator right now? Cheers!

Going back to your list:

>> List of Requested Character Customizations I've seen over and over again:

>> - Aged character complexions

As with many of the things below, it shouldn't be a complexion, since that makes it impossible to have ===> that complexion and <=== this aging level, since they didn't provide them. If they add a full set of complexions for each aging level, there would be a *lot* of complexions.

>> - Beard complexions (Koth, Revan, Arn, etc)

Again, that shouldn't be complexions. Stubble (even hair stubble, to be honest) should not be a complexion option, but rather a facial hair (head hair for hair stubble) option.

>> - Cyborg Beards available for Humans

I see no reason for them to be excluded, although I've never looked at male cyborgs to see what's available.

>> - More variety in Twilek headbands (Major Anri)

No real opinion either for or against, although for Anri it might be a helmet.

>> - More variety in Miraluka Headbands (Blindfold)

Strictly it's not a blindfold, but a social thing, because looking at eyeless sockets makes others uneasy. Whatever. Yes, I'd like to see more variations.

>> - More variety in Cybernetics (Can be accomplished outside of the creator with armor pieces 'Cybernetic Helmets')

Sort of, and that's only a partial solution, since helmets have an ugly tendency to disappear in cut-scenes. So yes, more options please.

>> - More 'creature' races (Can be accomplished outside of the creator with armor pieces 'Creature Masks')

Again, subject to problems with helmets disappearing in cut-scenes. And that conversations will proceed as if you are your underlying species.

>> - Beards for Miraluka

Does the lore say that they have beards? If so, then yes.

>> - More Zabrak Hairstyles

+1

>> - More scar options

+1

>> - Tattoos available to more classes (Can be accomplished with more complexions)

Not by complexions, see above. If I (currently) want <<= this tattoo and ==> that particular shade of purple lipstick, I can't do it. Let's not add more stuff like that.

>> - Cyborg head options available to other races

Species, but whatever. It's a frequent request. And yes.

Going back to your list:

Re: Age Complexions

I think you may have worded it differently than you meant, but I think I get what you're trying to say. I agree - It would be better to have age options without excluding other customization options in the complexions slider, but there's just no other place to put them and I'm not going into this expecting Bioware to integrate all new sliders for age. Complexions for wrinkles are about as good as we'll get.

Re: Beard Complexions

For this one I don't personally see the need to make them beards as the stubble options we currently have in game are complexions.

Re: Cyborg Beards

Cyborgs actually have their very own exclusive beard parts that only appear in certain cybernetic combinations, I've photoshopped them together in this image to give you an idea of what they'd look like purely as beard options.

https://i.redd.it/ttixioyjlsw11.jpg

Re: More Cybernetics (Helmets?)

There are multiple reasons I say helmets would be acceptable compromise. For one, with helmets, you can put them on basically any race that can wear headgear which opens up plenty more customization. It's also in line with me not really asking for more sliders to be added - Since it'd been a fundamental overhaul of the character creator, which I don't want to ask for since I doubt they want to make that kind of leap. Trying to keep it as simple and economical as possible.

Re: Creature Races (Helmets?)

The masks disappearing during cutscenes is kind of the point. One of the most glaring issues with adding beast races is the fact that they don't have human lips and therefore can't participate in 'romance' scenes. Since helmets are automatically removed during romance scenes anyway, this solution negates that issue. I know people will grumble that sometimes they have to look human - But I see this as more of a resource for roleplayers who wouldn't care in the slightest and would just be happy to be able to RP different creature races.

Re: Tattoos

This is one I frankly don't know how they'd do given you only some classes have a tattoo slider and having two sliders conflicting on those classes would obviously make for a horrendous overlap.

Do you mean overall or what you get by default? If you're willing to pay Cartel Coins you get more customization options. Not just in race but also eyes, facial hair, and hair styles. You can either unlock options for any character you make or for a specific character you can customize appearance to change your mind what it looks like after character creation. I indulged some coin to give my second Jedi Knight the "Superman curl".