Resolve bar rework

Crazykidddd

I'll just get straight to the point, resolve is absolute crap with the way things are atm.

Please make the resolve bar activate after any hard stun and last for at least 15 seconds.

For roots it should be at least 1/3rd of your bar every time you get rooted, and slows should be worked into there too.

There is way too much cc atm, at least in PvP, and taking people's abilities away isn't the answer, just make the resolve bar useful please.

Edited by Crazykidddd

No because you can't defend yourself while stunned, but you can while rooted. Many classes don't even have stuns anymore. If roots and slows would fill the bar it most definitely shouldn't be 15s.

You are probably just mad you got killed in a stunlock anyway.

Lol every class has access to stuns, and this isn't coming from getting stunlocked a couple of times, its from the new meta where everything slows/roots/stuns you to infinity and beyond.

Dealing with a 1v1 on some classes is bad enough, as ops and sins sorely lack in mobility and gap closers (especially against certain classes), but the problem is most of the time you are fighting multiple enemies at once, which is enough cc to completely lock you out of a fight until youre basically already dead, and this happens on repeat.

I agree the Resolve Bar needs some tweaking. Basically build faster and possibly last longer. The excessive stuns, roots, slows, and grenades popping off right now do impact the gameplay of everyone in a negative way. If Resolve worked in a reliable way it would benefit everyone equally and impact people's choices away from the default cc priority. Sure everyone will still probably take their strongest cc skill choice, it just won't be as high of a priority if it isn't as powerful a choice as it is now.

No u!

The resolve bar is fine. Its a case of 2/3 ccs and you get a 15 second immunity. Most classes also have root and stun evasion somewhere in their ability options.... stuns themselves have been nerfed to be less prevalent in warzones so you're mostly dealing with roots which also.... fill the resolve bar almost the same way. Force slow has the tiniest effect duration and doesn't last long enough or exist on enough classes to merit it being debuffed.

So you want to go down to what, 2ccs to whitebar? 1cc to whitebar?

To having Force Slow = a hardstun when the other player gets so little from it?

Gotta agree with Zuh here, guys trolling.

You are probably just mad you got killed in a stunlock anyway.
Edited by PVPsage

The resolve bar is fine. Its a case of 2/3 ccs and you get a 15 second immunity. Most classes also have root and stun evasion somewhere in their ability options.... stuns themselves have been nerfed to be less prevalent in warzones so you're mostly dealing with roots which also.... fill the resolve bar almost the same way. Force slow has the tiniest effect duration and doesn't last long enough or exist on enough classes to merit it being debuffed.

So you want to go down to what, 2ccs to whitebar? 1cc to whitebar?

To having Force Slow = a hardstun when the other player gets so little from it?

Gotta agree with Zuh here, guys trolling.

Cool story... which stuns were nerfed?

Cool story... which stuns were nerfed?

operative, marauder, snipers, deception (didn't lose its cc, just got a weaker version), and powertechs...............

all either completely lost their hardstun or can't choose it over other things that are more important

Edited by septru

operative, marauder, snipers, deception (didn't lose its cc, just got a weaker version), and powertechs...............

all either completely lost their hardstun or can't choose it over other things that are more important

LAMO... other than the choice aspect, which stuns are weaker than their previous version and which specs have a build choice that completely locks them off from taking their respective hard stun for pvp? asking for a freind

I dont know what he meant by weaker version, but powertechs have to forgo hydraulics to get a stun, which is unwise in most pvp matches, and marksman snipers choose between evasion and stun, and completely lose their mezz. In my experience operatives keep their stun, but typically lose their mezz in order to get shadowstep. For marauder I think it can go either way.

LAMO... other than the choice aspect, which stuns are weaker than their previous version and which specs have a build choice that completely locks them off from taking their respective hard stun for pvp?

The actual abilities themselves haven't been "nerfed", although examples still exist on classes like Sentinel and Sith Assassin where abilities like awe (aoe cc) and spike (stealth cc) aren't an option anymore. So. in the bigger picture of things stuns are less prevalent, which is what Id said before. This makes them "weaker".

And for an example of build choice lock off .... Fury Marauders a pretty good one.

They literally have no controlling utility now that you have to choose between cc and your undying.

99% of players in 99% of settings won't take the stun even though it'd be really useful, because you're sacrificing one of your strongest defensive cooldowns. Im sure other classes are designed the same.

TLDR dying to stuns is an L2P issue. we all do it

Games in a root meta, and the resolve bars filling up proportionately to that.

which specs have a build choice that completely locks them off from taking their respective hard stun for pvp? asking for a freind

marauder, snipers, and powertech cannot take hardstun because they have to take a much more important defensive ability.

In my experience operatives keep their stun

operatives still have 1 hardstun but lost their second hardstun completely. there is no choice to get it back.

which stuns are weaker than their previous version

deception assassin lost spike. they can spec into the choice to an ability like spike on maul from stealth. But that hardstun is weaker. Spike used to be a yellow damage ability type and could never miss. Now their hardstun is on maul which is a white damage ability, and often misses.

None of the answers above speak to the original post nor do they prove that cc has overall become weaker or less prevalent in the game since 7.0. A couple of specs losing a mezz or having a difficult choice on skill tier on their tree doesn't affect the overall meta which is still heavy on ccs in most pvp scenarios. We haven't even mentioned grenades or the difference between 4s and 8s and yet most of the responses here have been "stuns were nerfed l2p already" which is clearly not the issue of the discussion. L2read maybe and respond with intelligent points? just a thought...

A couple of specs losing a mezz or having a difficult choice on skill tier on their tree doesn't affect the overall meta which is still heavy on ccs in most pvp scenarios.

Not specs. Not mezzes. And not difficult choices.

4 out of the 8 classes completely lost their hardstuns because otherwise they wouldn't have crucial defensive abilities.

And of course it effects the meta. Most of these classes are the meta. Powertech, operative, and marauder are some of the best and most often used classes.

And if you want to talk about mezzes.... 7/8 classes completely lost their mezz, or have to choose to take it. Jugg, sin, operative, sorc, mara (completely lost their mezz), sniper (completely lost their mezz), pt never had mezz to begin.

None of the answers above speak to the original post nor do they prove that cc has overall become weaker or less prevalent in the game since 7.0.

Your original post doesn't really matter much. Resolve isn't going to get changed. BioWare hasn't changed it in the last 10 years, why would they change it now?

But if you can't see the CC has been weakened and less prevalent... then idk what to tell you buddy. Facts are facts. You can chose to ignore them.

Edited by septru

Not specs. Not mezzes. And not difficult choices.

4 out of the 8 classes completely lost their hardstuns because otherwise they wouldn't have crucial defensive abilities.

And of course it effects the meta. Most of these classes are the meta. Powertech, operative, and marauder are some of the best and most often used classes.

And if you want to talk about mezzes.... 7/8 classes completely lost their mezz, or have to choose to take it. Jugg, sin, operative, sorc, mara (completely lost their mezz), sniper (completely lost their mezz), pt never had mezz to begin.

Your original post doesn't really matter much. Resolve isn't going to get changed. BioWare hasn't changed it in the last 10 years, why would they change it now?

But if you can't see the CC has been weakened and less prevalent... then idk what to tell you buddy. Facts are facts. You can chose to ignore them.

The fact you think the original post is mine proves you don’t read. Pts have carbonise and Ops all take debilitate and fury maras throw grenades and are getting a nerf in 7.1 for balance. Not sure what game you’re playing

The fact you think the original post is mine proves you don’t read. Pts have carbonise and Ops all take debilitate and fury maras throw grenades and are getting a nerf in 7.1 for balance. Not sure what game you’re playing

I feel like you just want to argue. Stuns are clearly less prevalent, the two classes you happened to mention that take stuns - they're the two classes you NEED stuns on for them to work, otherwise its pointless.

Two glass cannons kept abilities that would have broken them otherwise, yes.

And how does Fury Maras throwing a grenade matter? Im not sure you're doing the maths.

Fury Maras still negative two stuns, aoe cc and hardstun.

They always had the grenade ability its not like the class "hasn't" been nerfed because the softest stun in the game is available on GTN.

Im not sure what game you're playing to think resolve needs work but you're playing it badly.

I feel like you just want to argue. Stuns are clearly less prevalent, the two classes you happened to mention that take stuns - they're the two classes you NEED stuns on for them to work, otherwise its pointless.

Two glass cannons kept abilities that would have broken them otherwise, yes.

And how does Fury Maras throwing a grenade matter? Im not sure you're doing the maths.

Fury Maras still negative two stuns, aoe cc and hardstun.

They always had the grenade ability its not like the class "hasn't" been nerfed because the softest stun in the game is available on GTN.

Im not sure what game you're playing to think resolve needs work but you're playing it badly.

So let’s just recap at this point. The original post suggested reworking how resolve works to improve the baseline pvp experience for all players and the “arguments” against so far have been 1. It’s fine you’re playing badly, 2. Stuns were nerfed 3. BioWare have never changed resolve so they’ll never take on this suggestion 4. Because Fury Marauder.

Firstly, slander is not a winning argument. We can move right on past that. Secondly we have demonstrated that stuns were not nerfed and cc abilities are just as accessible and prevalent in the game. Thirdly, the resolve system has had several tweaks over years, I suggest you check the patch notes, so there is every reason to want to push this feedback into the Devs line of sight, and lastly why do you think Fury Mara is top of the current meta? How long are you going to keep pretending that the fact that the spec has the best offensive rotational cc immunity mechanism in the game is one of the prime reasons for its current status?

Secondly we have demonstrated that stuns were not nerfed and cc abilities are just as accessible and prevalent in the game.

...Talking to people on the forums is like banging your head against the wall.

Edited by septru

So let’s just recap at this point. The original post suggested reworking how resolve works to improve the baseline pvp experience for all players and the “arguments” against so far have been 1. It’s fine you’re playing badly, 2. Stuns were nerfed 3. BioWare have never changed resolve so they’ll never take on this suggestion 4. Because Fury Marauder.

Actually, I think you mistake what the purpose of our conversation was. We weren't arguing, the OP suggests activating the resolve bar fully after 1 hard stun and making it last 15s - and I feel pretty confident that's never going to happen.... and I'm trying to explain to you why. Not that there's much to explain.... anyone that plays SW:TOR PVP properly knows that DPS isn't the answer to everything. Ranked is evidence of that, where Tank and Healer games can last forever regardless of even, the calibre of the player. Its in these scenarios you begin to see why stuns are a necessity and how its actually, pretty evenly balanced. Changing resolve even slightly, even going down 1 cc to whitebar / adjusting roots to grant extra resolve - it would massively destroy the game for more players than it helps.

Firstly, slander is not a winning argument. We can move right on past that.

Yes it is. In my experience its basically what most arguments result in when they're one sided and the other person doesn't seem to grasp the point.

Secondly we have demonstrated that stuns were not nerfed and cc abilities are just as accessible and prevalent in the game.

Secondly, you've just demonstrated that you're bad at maths and you've never looked at the combat proficiencies screen. What's actually been demonstrated is that since the last update there has been a NET REDUCTION in the number of stuns. And we have also discussed how ability layouts make these ccs less accessible, which, newsflash, is working exactly as the devs intended it to work so they know all about that and you countermanding the point probably isn't doing much for you.

Thirdly, the resolve system has had several tweaks over years, I suggest you check the patch notes, so there is every reason to want to push this feedback into the Devs line of sight

This feedback is nonsense. As I give it more thought I'm willing to wager you're both playing regs and of course you're going to get spammed with debuffs its 8v8s. Although you are right, they do have a right to put it forward and I also, have a right to say its a load of nonsense and try and explain why.

and lastly why do you think Fury Mara is top of the current meta? How long are you going to keep pretending that the fact that the spec has the best offensive rotational cc immunity mechanism in the game is one of the prime reasons for its current status?

Im not sure what this quote says but Fury Mara is FoTM, and one of the better specs in the game at the moment. But.... any pvper knows the top of the current meta is as always, operatives, because they just don't die. Its been that way since forever.:cool:

Actually, I think you mistake what the purpose of our conversation was. We weren't arguing, the OP suggests activating the resolve bar fully after 1 hard stun and making it last 15s - and I feel pretty confident that's never going to happen.... and I'm trying to explain to you why. Not that there's much to explain.... anyone that plays SW:TOR PVP properly knows that DPS isn't the answer to everything. Ranked is evidence of that, where Tank and Healer games can last forever regardless of even, the calibre of the player. Its in these scenarios you begin to see why stuns are a necessity and how its actually, pretty evenly balanced. Changing resolve even slightly, even going down 1 cc to whitebar / adjusting roots to grant extra resolve - it would massively destroy the game for more players than it helps.

Yes it is. In my experience its basically what most arguments result in when they're one sided and the other person doesn't seem to grasp the point.

Secondly, you've just demonstrated that you're bad at maths and you've never looked at the combat proficiencies screen. What's actually been demonstrated is that since the last update there has been a NET REDUCTION in the number of stuns. And we have also discussed how ability layouts make these ccs less accessible, which, newsflash, is working exactly as the devs intended it to work so they know all about that and you countermanding the point probably isn't doing much for you.

This feedback is nonsense. As I give it more thought I'm willing to wager you're both playing regs and of course you're going to get spammed with debuffs its 8v8s. Although you are right, they do have a right to put it forward and I also, have a right to say its a load of nonsense and try and explain why.

Im not sure what this quote says but Fury Mara is FoTM, and one of the better specs in the game at the moment. But.... any pvper knows the top of the current meta is as always, operatives, because they just don't die. Its been that way since forever.:cool:

You could have just admitted you have no idea what you’re talking about but instead you removed all doubt with this mildly amusing garbage

At least I can live through a CC :rak_03:

Only 7 wins for a 918 rating last season says otherwise PVPsage… even my last rating wasn’t that bad. You’re so slow you don’t even see how bad you’ve been played keeping the views up on this thread. You couldn’t live through a wet paper bag LMAO

Only 7 wins for a 918 rating last season says otherwise PVPsage… even my last rating wasn’t that bad. You’re so slow you don’t even see how bad you’ve been played keeping the views up on this thread. You couldn’t live through a wet paper bag LMAO

I played what. 3 days of last season and yes it was a bad idea to queue sorc. :cool:

But if you think I wouldn't melt someone who can't deal with a resolve bar........

I at least get the basics. Like "game is fine".