Open PvP would revive the game

Mephesh

I remember SWTOR when we had more servers, I started on a PvP server, later servers were merged together into PvE servers.

I miss the opportunity for open PvP, guilds just dunking it out on Yavin4, people of the enemy faction attacking me and getting their banthas wiped, as they did not have the highground. Good memories.

It really added the feeling of faction vs faction to the game and gave people something else to do if they were bored.

In this regard, I welcome the level limiter that puts down your level on lower planets. If we had that back then, it would have been alot more balanced.

As for WoW, Blizzard made it so you can turn open PvP (beeing able to attack and be attacked by enemy faction players) On and Off, which is a nice deal for all players, those who dont want open pvp, and those who want it.

My suggestion to Bioware/EA to get more players into SWTOR is henceforth:

-create a new pvp-based expansion with focus on the war between factions

(maybe add the hutt cartell as a 3rd neutral option)

-add a pvp/pve-switch function like WoW has

-add maps for open pvp, with daily/weekly open pvp objectives

-as a reward, add new pvp companions (like HK-51 in the past)

-make a big cinematic and play it where millions of people can see it

thanks for reading

have a nice day :rak_03:

-add a pvp/pve-switch function like WoW has

Honestly not familiar with current WOW. but every server in SWTOR has a PVP and PVE instance today and you can swap instances via your PVP toggle.

to the point of your original premise, I do not think an expansion that is focused on open world PVP would "revive the game". back in the day I only played on PVP servers like Jung Ma or Harbinger or POT5. even on those servers where they were labeled PVP you had many people constantly complaining about open world PVP. every PVP encounter was "ganking", etc.

I enjoy open world pvp and would be interested in what you suggest, however I believe that the majority of the current player base likes things the way they in regards to the current state of open world pvp being essentially non-existent and easily avoided.

I miss that myself, it truly was a lot of fun, but the simply reality is that the engine simply cant support it.

You get 20 people all with companions of course and the bogs, hard.

Personally i think companions should never be part of that and should have de=spawned the second you entered combat with another player, but there were too many people that abused companions in many cases having them more geared than themselves and thats really what killed open world pvp.

As somebody who plays in pvp toggled instances there are way too few people to make much of a difference and a pvp focused expansion wouldn't go well as too few people who end up enjoying it. Further still, with the future of the game in a precarious spot, they really don't have any option besides playing it safe (pve focused).

I don't think anyone in here actually played OW PVP. Long story short, The game Engine can't handle it. That was back when we didn't have as much mobility and animations that we do now. The game struggles on every pc in 8v8 at times. Can you imagine 50v50 it would be a desync fest.