The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Gonna add 2 before catching up this thread since my last post lol.

1) Doing a MMFP GF with my 2 younger brother, Me tanky, 2 bros dps and heal. We got pop with a rando Operative dps for False Emperor and since 3 of us need the bonus boss cheevo, we just proceed until the 6 terminal bonus phase where the rando said and I quote "I'm not helping bonus" then just stealth to Malgus (this was after the first terminal). 3 of us are siblings and in the same guild so it was obvious we just kick the rando and bam finish it, their dps also lackluster so we didn't feel losing a dps at all.

The annoying thing is, if 3 people in your group decided to do something, just don't be a jerk by stealthing or something.

2) Couple days after the above, doing a TC GF on Pub side where we have all except for one DPS and we have been waiting and looking for almost 10min. Me as the Ops Lead decided to just queue and surprise surprise we got a insta-pop. After we phase, I'm surprised with that DPS (Sentinel) which have just slightly below 200 achievement points and only lvl 72 with 138 ilvl. How they play? the usual "New Gen" newbie who don't bother with listening other (me telling the mechanic to them, 2 people tell them to run away laser, 2 other brez them) and their rotation (just spamming whatever).

After their 2nd death, no one bother brez-ing them. Its not annoying but rather funny and sad coz its display the state of newbies on MMFP lot of time.

EDIT: Now that I catch up, I suddenly have this push to play GF FP again lol. Legacy Ignore making weird encounter even more rare.

Edited by Zechalakazam
Detail

You can get real weird ppl from TC.

Daily grind. A person pulled early twice in their 2 alts in 2 TC runs (they use the same name) before everyone was settled, despite a main tank was assigned in advance. They also kept hard-taunting boss off the tank despite the tank told them not to. Typical troll behavior.

So I ignored him, started to form a 3rd group with another alt.

Some random dude x up and straight up saying "you ignore [the dude I just ignored] and I want him in" and ordered me to "do as I say or pass me lead". Not a "please" nor a "maybe it's a mistake" (sometimes ppl ignore the wrong solo queue tank/heal to get the correct group mate but forget to remove them from the list), but down right ordering. I said "you can leave" but he told me again to either do as he said or pass lead to him, so I removed him from the group.

Dude typed "report [my character's name]" in gen chat before I ignored him too.

Perfect display of why I ignored them both.

Daily grind. A person pulled early twice in their 2 alts in 2 TC runs (they use the same name) before everyone was settled, despite a main tank was assigned in advance. They also kept hard-taunting boss off the tank despite the tank told them not to. Typical troll behavior.

Some random dude x up and straight up saying "you ignore [the dude I just ignored] and I want him in" and ordered me to "do as I say or pass me lead". Not a "please" nor a "maybe it's a mistake" (sometimes ppl ignore the wrong solo queue tank/heal to get the correct group mate but forget to remove them from the list), but down right ordering. I said "you can leave" but he told me again to either do as he said or pass lead to him, so I removed him from the group.

Met that type of player ages ago where I'm the same position as you (Ops Lead) and ignore that player.

Its weird that some people assert dominance even if its not their group.

Edit: I also always ignore DPS/Heal who pulls ahead of Tank unless its misclick/one time thing.

Edited by Zechalakazam

Query: Were they in the same guild or something like that?

Query: Were they in the same guild or something like that?

Yes but that didn't excuse their behavior.

Normal people ask "do you have 2 [roles] spots?" when they want to be in the same group with friends.

PS: I wish the legacy ignore list has a "date when ignored" display because I have one or two innocent people in there because I forgot to screenshot when I put the "wrong" tank/heal in queue to ignore, so I couldn't identify and un-ignore them among the ones I actually don't want to see. With a date display, I can simply un-ignore the latest name.

Yes but that didn't excuse their behavior.

Normal people ask "do you have 2 [roles] spots?" when they want to be in the same group with friends.

PS: I wish the legacy ignore list has a "date when ignored" display because I have one or two innocent people in there because I forgot to screenshot when I put the "wrong" tank/heal in queue to ignore, so I couldn't identify and un-ignore them among the ones I actually don't want to see. With a date display, I can simply un-ignore the latest name.

You must mean that you are missing a comment field in the ignore list? :p

At least I am ...

But yeah ... TC can bring out weird people.

Had one TC run where I tried to join a group but was denied because I was a DwT. They apparently needed 2 more dps'ers.

A similar thing happened in a different run. We had a tank, 2 people who could heal and 4 dps'ers.

Lead kept asking in gen chat for a DwT. Please note that I was on a jugg dps. As was another dps.

Not sure at what point Joe Rando forgot what DwT/H actually means...

Not a bad weird but a good weird. Playing as a 75 slinger and got a pop on KDY with bunch of lowbies: 34 Sent, 23 Shadow, 47 Guardian. Thinking that this will going so slow and full of death, I hesitantly accept the q. But to my surprise, not only no one click the ship building area (except me), we also don't have death at any point and kill the Sith boss in one try lol.

That was something and made me change my mind about KDY.

Interesting run on MM hammer station recently with my jugg tank, with a sorc healer, mara and sniper.

As mentioned in my previous post, I am not too fond of the people who do unnecessary skips (where the skip takes longer than the pull) or unnecessary LOS.

As such, when we get to the large pull that everybody LOS's for no good reason, I just tank it like I used to in the good old days. After a few seconds the group who is stood around the corner seems to notice I am not brining the enemies to them.

healer: "move"

me: "no ty"

The group them comes out from around the corner and we finish the pull.

carry on through the mission, eventually getting to the other pull that is often LOS'ed, the group just before the lift that can be sliced. I pull, the sorc and sniper join in, the mara is still around the corner and doesn't join in, we kill the pull.

mara: "tank is new"

me: "nope"

sniper: "I think hes oldschool"

me: "yep"

mara: "no, he doesn't know how to do this mission"

me: "*sniper name* is correct, joined in 2.0"

mara: "I been playing since beta"

healer: "I prefer it this way, plus its nostalgic"

sniper: "plus its nice to have a decent tank in a PUG for once"

me: "ty"

we do second boss, get to the two turrets at the bridge. It is red by the time we get there, so I decide we will just kill them while we wait. I pull, sniper and sorc join in, mara does nothing. Bridge comes back, mara crosses it and starts fighting the elite at the other end.

in the time it takes us to kill both turrets and catch up to the mara he has the elite down to half health, so not much of a time save by skipping them. If he had joined in attacking the turrets it would have been even faster.

get to final boss, sniper gets knocked off by boss knock-back, so its just me, healer and mara. The mara completely ignores adds, leaving me and the healer to kill them. We kill and loot.

me: "dps, playing since beta, doesn't kill adds"

mara: "I prefer to just kill the boss"

healer: "I think the tank prefers to do it properly"

sniper: "lol"

Interesting run on MM hammer station recently with my jugg tank, with a sorc healer, mara and sniper.

As mentioned in my previous post, I am not too fond of the people who do unnecessary skips (where the skip takes longer than the pull) or unnecessary LOS.

Yes, many people seem to think there is only one 'proper' way to do a flashpoint.

I had a sort of the opposite affect a few days ago. In a VM HS group with a DPS who was really probably a tank. This guy wanted to LOS everything. But after standing around a corner a few times, by himself, while the rest of us killed things, he eventually gave up trying LOS.

🙂

Now you've got me wanting to do HS 'old school' next time. 😏

Weird, not sure, but some people's need to dictate and control the actions from the group gets ridiculous sometimes.

Vet FP with a stealther and some lowbies. I mark the first cc skip target and stealther says in chat "don't mark ****". I let him know I do it to help prevent some randos from leroying in there and he replies that was guilds are for.

Why would you rip someone for proactively communicating awareness to benefit new players or ones not familiar with the FP? Don't get why someone would discourage it when it should be a non-event for players who know the run...

It's a group activity and kills me how so many think they should boss around the other 75% of the group right from the start.

Edited by HypSpec

Yeah, I'm all for skipping unnecessary trash and bonus missions to save time, but some people get so obsessive about skipping, they make the FP harder. And of course, because these people want to move at mach speed, they have no interest in explaining these skips to people, they just assume everyone will follow and know to do things exactly as they do with no deviation.

One of the ones that is silly to me is that skip in assault on tython with the jump you have to get just right. It's such a terrible skip because if even one party member struggles with the jump, you can waste god knows how much time trying to deal with that.

I think in general, if the group has a tank or a healer and decent DPS, there's little reason to skip trash that's directly in the way; it should melt. Ironically, it's the groups that struggle in combat that usually also struggle with pulling off the harder trash skips, when they are the ones that more need it.

• 3 weeks later...
Joined a master mode flashpoint as a jug DPS and was criticized for pulling aggro from the tank despite the fact that I was using my threat drop basically on CD. Was told to stop using the threat drop because they thought it was a taunt and to stop using my smash ability because it was a "high aggro ability". Got tired of the complaining so I left the group which is something I almost never do.

TfB HM - i was the only PuG ( the rest were from the same guild). They asked me to join vc on Discord, ok i joined. They asked for a screenshot of my BH star parse, i sent them one, 21 k damage on 8 HM dummy.

We started the op, killed the first boss (the worm) without problem, killed the Dread Guards.

At Operator IX, we wiped 8 times, apparently no one knew a REAL tank is required, we only had 2 DwT.

We were all in star parse, and even if i had the second biggest damage, after a jugg, they decided is my fault for the failure, because "low dps" :eek::eek::eek:

I decided to leave group, it was a bit too much for me.

Edited by Hrafnhildur

TfB HM - i was the only PuG ( the rest were from the same guild). They asked me to join vc on Discord, ok i joined. They asked for a screenshot of my BH star parse, i sent them one, 21 k damage on 8 HM dummy.

We started the op, killed the first boss (the worm) without problem, killed the Dread Guards.

At Operator IX, we wiped 8 times, apparently no one knew a REAL tank is required, we only had 2 DwT.

We were all in star parse, and even if i had the second biggest damage, after a jugg, they decided is my fault for the failure, because "low dps" :eek::eek::eek:

I decided to leave group, it was a bit too much for me.

That's messed up, blaming it on the pug. Sorry you had to deal with that.

• 2 weeks later...

An 'interesting' SoV MM run.

Just after the first boss, the healer DC'd and after a bit of a wait, we decided to carry on killing trash until the healer reconnected.

We ended up doing everything, including the bonus boss, up until the final boss, without a healer (and without dying)!

At the last boss we finally gave up and kicked the healer. I took out Z0-0M and we finished the FP with no problem. 🤔

Fun and interesting. 🙂

Another good example of this that drives me nuts...Cademimu and a couple of the jump shortcuts. It is not very likely on a vet pug you are going to get all four to be able to make just one of the jumps, let alone both - and when they don't, we wait for run back. It is almost always easier to wreck the mobs or use pushes to clear them more quickly.

I've been doing more vet FPs lately and this stuff kills me. Shortcuts that aren't really shortcuts because it has to be flawlessly executed by every member of the group and the chances are high at least one person won't. Not to mention clueless newer players who have no idea what's going on with all the elaborate shortcuts being used.

I had an Athiss run recently where (as is often the case) one person was struggling to make that ridiculous jump people insist on doing with the weird angle. They kept failing it over and over, finally they tried to run through (must have been a newbie) and pulled both trash groups. Somehow we managed to kill the 1st one while getting out of combat with the 2nd (I did do a stealth out at some point in the fight, that might have been it, RIP stealthing out of combat in FPs INC). So then they respawn and we have to wait for them to run back. They proceed to fail at the jump a bunch more. Finally, I just pulled the 2nd trash group. Died in the process cause I rushed it and the others had to get there, but we still took it out. I was concerned if the other person took much longer, people were going to get annoyed and kick them and they don't deserve that over such a ridiculous jump expectation. Plus I wanted to get going. We prob wasted a good 5+ minutes just because of people mindlessly insisting on that jump. It's like this unwritten rule that people go for it, even though so often there's someone who struggles with it. Defies reason.

I have to say though, on the flip side of it, some people just won't speak up for themselves. I think of that trash avoidance routine in Directive 7 with the tents and using a mount. Some people will ignore the rest of the group doing it (keep in mind, I try to give people time to catch up so they can see what I'm doing even if others are running ahead), hang back in seeming confusion, say nothing, and then as if backed into a corner of thinking they have to overcome the problem with sheer force of will, attempt to run through the trash. It's almost funny. I never see someone in those situations go "hang on, idk how to get through, little help?" or anything like that. It's always wordless inaction, followed by derping into mobs.

I can imagine for some it might be intimidating to ask when they see people rushing through so confidently, but personally, I'd rather someone stop a moment to ask what to do or ask for us to pull the trash instead than derp into a group of trash mobs. Often, those sort of pulls are very messy and can wipe a group if bad enough because those people will have a tendency to somehow aggro every mob in the near vicinity lmao. The thing that amazes me most across so many FPs is how many people neglect to use the Chat function when a little communication would make a big difference. I had a Czerka Core Meltdown recently where it was pretty obvious after a totally unnecessary wipe that some people didn't know the sandstorm fight, so I asked in chat and one person said they'd never done it. I explained the fights throughout the FP after that, but it's just like... they could have said so from the start. T_T

Plenty of first timers in vet and mm fps after the update, so I expect this thread will expand a bit shortly.

1)

Lost Island mm, me on a sin tank, an oper heal and 2 sorc dps. H asked if people did it before, 1 sorc says no, so h and me explain about the flying lesson on SavRak. First smash, both dps die....

H somehow manages to target 1 of them, throws a res. Sorc manages to die to gravity again. We stuck it cause there's no point to go on till the inevitable enrage.

2nd dps suddenly writes they haven't done it before either, like we hadn't guessed that at this point (they were the one to die twice). Luckily no one had short enough patience to quit after 1 wipe, and next try was successful. H and me agreed we'd not risk the bonus boss in this group.

2) Actually a positive one for a change, but it was rather messed up.

Nathema vet, day of the update so everyone ungeared, squishier than we're used to and missing some abilities / setbonus. Went on my lethality oper(80), got a merc dps(75), jugg dps(73) and an oper h(78). Since it's my first vet after the update I think "how bad can it be" and don't ask if everyone knows it...

I should have grown suspicious when I asked if people wanted to use the skip, and the jugg answered "I'm not stealth, can't skip", but at this point thought maybe they just want the exp, so ok.

First boss the jugg dps thinks they're a tank and taunt whenever I "steal" aggro. That wouldn't be an issue, they were decently geared for their level and the heal didn't struggle to keep them up.

It wouldn't be an issue... if only they didn't keep the boss in the middle of the clearing, far from any towers, while it happily does its invincible burrowing. Tank markers on the tower do nothing. Finally the heal can't keep up anymore with healing a dps that happily stands in the big red circle. Jugg dies, I grab aggro and move it where I want it, we kill the boss. I type a few instructions in chat on how to deal with this boss "for next time".

By now I was a bit suspicious and checked achievments (since no one mentioned being new there, even after the first boss). Well, what do I see? H actually did it before, but neither jugg nor merc have been here before, and from the look of it are rather new to group content in general.

So before the next boss I actually tell them to stop a bit outside, type some explanations and ask the jugg to not taunt and let me "tank" it, since I know where to stand and for the rest of the group to follow me, get the probe to 50%, the usual.

First time we wiped cause the probes kept getting killed by aoe / someone used a knockback directly before the spinning phase. Functioning learning curve, 2nd try did it.

Then came the last boss, a rather chaotic encounter at the best of times. Told our rdps to deal with the adds, forbid the jugg to use any taunt skill on the boss, everyone to stay out of all that stupid there as far as possible, the usual.

They did try to follow those instructions, unfortunately I forgot to warn them about a certain knockback...

2 tries later we got past the first part, revived someone, healed up, explained the next part. Now we had again a rather steep learning curve, cause apparently it wasn't clear enough that "stay close together when linked" means "stay close enough that it remains green, not yellow or red", and people were a bit slow to get out of the circle, which of course healed the boss. Turns out, at least vet doesn't have an enrage on this part, cause we stayed on this part for about 10min, the boss at one point going down to 30%, then back up to 80%...

Called it a stuck and explained the "boss heals if you are too slow on moving, don't try to get that extra attack in"-part again and with a bit more emphasis.

We got it that time, made the timer on the last part with no issues. And after about 1h finished that fp :cool:

Just want to add, congratulations to newbies willing to learn, and to that heal patient enough to stick through the wipes and my typing :D

Edited by coffeepyromaniac

The thing that amazes me most across so many FPs is how many people neglect to use the Chat function when a little communication would make a big difference. I had a Czerka Core Meltdown recently where it was pretty obvious after a totally unnecessary wipe that some people didn't know the sandstorm fight, so I asked in chat and one person said they'd never done it. I explained the fights throughout the FP after that, but it's just like... they could have said so from the start. T_T

1000% agree. Newbie, take the moment to ask - or even better - that you are new from the start. Veteran runners, be patient enough to allow comms in chat, AND do not aggro mobs before team is there - this imo leads the most to extra pulls because as soon as newbies feel behind and slow-running they are less likely to navigate the skip mobs well.

VM Battle of Ilum: I'm on a gunslinger, group has a level 80 shadow tank, a commando, and a sage. We zone in, say hello, and get underway. Immediately, the shadow starts pulling all the skippable groups. I sigh, but it's early in the evening and they die quickly enough.

After killing the Kaleesh boss with the turrets, our shadow suddenly remembers they have stealth. Unfortunately, they do not remember that the rest of us don't, and go merrily running ahead past all the cave trash until they pull the droids. This leaves me and the other two dps stuck in combat, slogging slowly through all the mob groups to catch up. (I very much started to miss my cover heals, here). Being a tank, the shadow has not killed the droids by the time we arrive, so we kill those and proceed.

The whole flashpoint continues like this, with the shadow alternately stealthing past things and forgetting that stealth exists, and at one point falling to their unfortunate death, respawning, and deciding to fight a random mob group on the way back through the caves. Right before Darth Serevin, our shadow says they need to go eat dinner, and then decided not to afk after being informed that we were almost done. (At this point, I realized the shadow was probably an actual child and released 80% of my frustration to the void.)

40 minutes start to finish. A couple days later I got a shadow who slept all the necessaries and we were done in about 15. Groupfinder really has all kinds. :D

Edited by Crystal_Mind
missing words

• 1 month later...

Twice this last week I was in vet FP pugs where everyone quit lol. No controversy, toxic chat, or bad play. Not all in same guild, but in each instance, had one person quit out of the blue and then followed by the others right after - one was Esseles and the other SoV. So me and comp went to work and finished - Esseles was super easy, but I died twice in SoV. Once not passifying my comp when I was LOSing and the other in the last boss fight where my lvl 10 comp died before I could kolto.

Not sure if they were newer players and did not know about reque or what, but strange to have this happen twice over two days.

Twice this last week I was in vet FP pugs where everyone quit lol. No controversy, toxic chat, or bad play. Not all in same guild, but in each instance, had one person quit out of the blue and then followed by the others right after - one was Esseles and the other SoV.

Many people quit Esseles simply because it's long and boring, especially if people don't spacebar through the convos. (But if you do skip the cutscenes, it's not really particularly long.)

SoV - like Nul, has a somewhat overinflated reputation for being too hard and/or buggie. I don't quit SoV, but I do make a mental guess as to how long it will be before someone does. 🙂

So I entered a tier 1 guardian raid on my berserker Ur'nill but my zerker is only 376 so gotta keep it easy

Weeeeeeeelllllllll

So it was about an 11 min kill and I was the MVP with 47% of the damage done

2nd was a Deathblade who left 5 mins into the fight cause he was pissed that

3rd was a Sorcress who couldn't be bothered to move off the spawn point until 5 mins into the fight

then 4th was the poor Scrapper who was there for the entire fight but got out damaged by 2 different people who missed half the fight

Yeah I know this is from Lost Ark but since SWTOR got turned into complete crap I had to go find a decent game to play

• 1 month later...
Not group finder but joined a HM EV today. Within a minute of joining, the group leader was telling me to put my gear on (it was in my legacy bay). A minute later, I got kicked because I didn't put my gear on fast enough. The group wasn't even filled yet. lol