Anyone else getting *LAG SPIKE* situation on our 'Star Forge' server today....??

Nee-Elder

I am not on Star Forge, I'm on Satele Shan. But same issues. This started for me after patch 6.3a so only two days, though it wasn't so bad until this morning. The lag is so terrible the game is essentially unplayable as is.

I have confirmed it isn't my connection or ISP. No other internet-dependent activities are having bandwidth / latency problems. And it's every character I log into, from my best geared 75 all the way through my 'baby' who is only 21 or so.

I am going to try and cross post this so that it gets where it actually belongs, but just wanted to comment that it's apparently not an isolated problem right now.

Yeah it's incredibly bad. The game is unplayable.

A tracert/pathping confirms multiple timeouts when I'm on in the game. I get no such problems with other games.

Is this a common thing? I just returned after six years or so but it seems they're having server issues quite often?

Is this a common thing? I just returned after six years or so but it seems they're having server issues quite often?

It's only been happening (this bad) in the past week or so , at least for me.

I personally don't remember it being THIS bad this often since like 2012 when game 1st launched .

Edited by Nee-Elder

I am going to try and cross post this so that it gets where it actually belongs, but just wanted to comment that it's apparently not an isolated problem right now.

I saw your other post, but other than contacting their support on the EA website I did not see another spot to reach them? IE: no technical support forums...

(sorry I just returned to the game after about six years so I have no idea where things have moved. I just updated my physical authenticator lol)

, but other than contacting their support on the EA website I did not see another spot to reach them?

There is no other spot , except for some random umm "community" Discord server where 1 of the developers apparently spends most of his time & replies. :(

So, all we can do now as loyal subscribers is simply wait and watch the Dev Tracker---> https://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php ....and/or contact our ISP (in case it actually has nothing to do with BioWare) .

Edited by Nee-Elder
looks like maybe it was ISP issues? But not the actual servers from your end Bioware?

No response yet. Been unplayable all day. Bioware taking the day off or just too busy working on the next cartel market update? I bet if this was an error with the market they'd be on top of it. Edited by Xcarvlar

been having lag spikesof 2 - 5 sec for the last week when on Gree but nothing like to day. Running 10-15 sec delays 4 times per minuite. Reloaded, relogged, changed connection and isp with no change. Game is totally unplayable. Played from day one but nothing ever this bad. :mad:

To the guy who changed to Vancover, have been using NORD VPN for several years. Changed locations in the US, Canada and Germany and without VPN all with the same results - min 10 sec delays.

Edited by Emeitbos
addition

Tried everything I could think of, verifying games files, restarted pc, restarted router, tried different characters, different locations all the same, big lag spikes everywhere.

I tried another online game to see if it was me and that game was fine, it's just SWTOR. I was looking forward to playing today but it's just not fun with all the nasty lag spikes.

Tried everything I could think of, verifying games files, restarted pc, restarted router, tried different characters, different locations all the same, big lag spikes everywhere.

I tried another online game to see if it was me and that game was fine, it's just SWTOR. I was looking forward to playing today but it's just not fun with all the nasty lag spikes.

Yep, had a bunch of deaths doing the heroics, cost me about 50k in gear repairs trying to force progress on the Seasons Daily since i couldn't respond to NPC actions. that IS the gaming experience we are paying for, right? I mean this is fun?

You can track their posts here

https://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

As of now they haven't even acknowledged the issue.

have you ever, in the entire time the game has existed ever seen them even once acknowledge that universal lag spikes are occurring? did an informal poll on fleet asking anyone who WASN'T experiencing lag to say so. 5 minutes, not 1 reply. hardly scientific I know, but not 1 person on fleet could say their connection was good? I'm biased I know but that sounds like there just might be some kind of issue on THEIR end, especially since it's reported to not just be on SF server. may create a char on a european server just to test there but I expect it's the same there

Lagged out usual latency is around 30 now it is 140 on the low side and I saw 20,000 on the high side. It seems to come and go and is debilitating, I cannot tank for my group tonight.... 2 of us are having it and 2 are not.