New to SWTOR, would love to meet new people and have someone teach me the ropes!

Powerable

Hey!

My name is Lloyd and my account name is Powerable ( I also have and use discord if people prefer to talk on that )

So I’m fairly new to swtor ( just completes my classes first story, moving onto the hit cartel next )

Anyway I legit have no friends who play the game and very limited friends who even play the game. I’m really enjoying the story but I just want people to talk to and help guide me through the game. I’m not the best socially but I just feel so gosh darn monkey playing the game by myself. So yeah I have probably posted this in the wrong section, and I am probably considered a noob at this game. Like I don’t maximise my damage stuff and output I just use abolities I like and I really want to try some PvE but at the moment I won’t go and search for it because I feel I’ll get flamed by randoms for being bad at the game.

So yeah would anyone like to be a friend to me and maybe help me out with certain aspects of the game? Maybe teach me a thing or two about PvE and be patients with me while I learn 😂

Anyway I’m currently playing my first character and he’s a sith inquisitor m, can’t remember what server I’m on but I’ll post it soon as I remember! Thankyou for your help and support. Have a good day!

hey there, welcome. Just dropping by. here are some thoughts

- why don't you post your Server Name, that way it's easier to determine how close a relationship could go.

- in general I think it's very common to get such contacts ingame, there is also Guilds, despite I made the experience the bigger, the less personal help you get if any. So in detail: you can ask in /1 or try to get in contact with people you liked. However always respect the people's goals ingame :) The person will signal to you if he likes to help you more like "you can add me to friends if you have another question", or only answered as one-time.

- that being said of course it's a great question. Anyways you can simply use the New-Player Help forum to ask for stuff you want to know more about, and from my experience about 80% people here are friendly and like to help you ou as good as as a friend if they know the answers.

- Indeed any person here might post what you seek, I don't know this.

have fun.

Edited by HottesIce

Hi Lloyd, welcome to the game. I mostly play on Star Forge, and I mostly play Republic side, but regardless of server or faction if you have any questions you can always post them to the forums, there are quite a few very helpful people around here willing to help out. Additionally, you can always message me directly through the forums if you have any questions. If you do play on the Star Forge server I can also help you out in game.

Ceryx

Additionally, you can always message me directly through the forums if you have any questions. If you do play on the Star Forge server I can also help you out in game.

By the way: Does the Messaging work in this forum? I tried it couple of times , and don't see my sent-objects.

By the way: Does the Messaging work in this forum? I tried it couple of times , and don't see my sent-objects.

It does. Click on your user name at the top of the page while logged into the forums and then click Private Messages. That will open your Private Messages Inbox. Under the header it will say Jump to Folder:. Change that to Sent Items and you can see your sent PM's. If you are not seeing any sent messages it may be that you entered the wrong user name.

One of the easiest ways to send someone a PM is to click their user name, which will open their profile page. Next click on Contact Info and "Send a private message to [user Name]." That will open a new PM to that recipient. You can try sending me a test message and then check to see if it is in your sent items folder.