Synthweaving and RE

Sazodeha

I am back to SWTOR after years of being gone. Obviously things have changed.

Question. I am leveling my synthweaver crafting character. @256 I am crafting the light/med/heav armor @lev 31.

After crafting it I cannot RE it for the purple version?

can the lower level not be RE? Can Synth Armor in general not be RE for purple? What am I missing?

Query; where did you originally acquire the schematic for the armor you are crafting - was it a schematic from a Crew Skill Mission or bought on the GTN, or was it taught by a Synthweaving Crew Skill Trainer?

These are patterns purchased from the trainer

Are these new patterns or ones from before you left years ago?

You mentioned trying to RE light/medium armor, 4.0 changed a lof for crafting, tossing out the old stuff introducing new schematics. Since then everything now learned from the trainers is adaptive and can be worn by every class. Old schematics previously learned from the trainers are no longer available to new players but for those who got them before 4.0 they were moved into an archive section of the crafting window. You can still make the old green and blue stuff but there no longer is any reverse engineering path to get better versions of archived schematics.

With the new patterns from the trainers though it works the same way again, you can reverse engineer better version and that is new too, half the time it comes with another look too. Bioware reused some of the old looks of OPS or PVP set there that no longer are available as loot anywhere. Those are found behind different stages of RE from a basic piece.