Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter if you offer free transfers if the option is going from a heavy population server to one without any players on it at all. And republic players are rare enough already. And you'll have to get your 100+ player guild with you, not to mention their allies and whatnot.

Since the game does not have x-realm PVP/Dungeons, playing on an empty server basically means you wont see any PVP, especially outside of peak times.

I forgot which game did it, but they basically cloned everything onto a new server, so it would be much easier to decide to switch server for those who opted for that route, that way you at least didn't have to organize a migration with 100+ people.

Unfortunately, you still have the same risks -- going from a full server to an empty one, and one that remains empty.

Chuundar which was a pre-launch server for a lot of russian guilds forced everyone else to moved onto other servers. I think it is still low-medium. It is probably a nice place to level to 50 on, except if you wanted to level through PVP. If the game had x-realm PVP, it would be a viable server to level on, but since there is no information on server transfers either, you cant level there and then opt to transfer to a better server at 50.

So; GG Bioware, massive #fail there. I doubt Charlie Sheen will say you are #Winning anytime soon, even though you got all our money already.

Queued at 3PM, now it is 6:44PM, and still 550 ppl before me.

Many thanks Bioware and EA. This is what we get for our payment.

The WORST game start, MMO start at all. Thanks for selling ****!!

the complete lack of a solution with all these massive complaints baffles me. Bioware and EA are showing their true colors pretty early in how well they handle mmo's. Bioware may have made some good single player games but its clear they are in over their heads. Transfers for guilds and players off q servers should have been up and running quickly, if they implements this game live with out the ability to move people around serves then shame on them for a spectacular mess.

Can you imagine how bad this will get after dec 20th if there is no quick transfer solution and plenty of avail servers on that day?

What i dont get is how comes the US servers dont have the waiting times? Seems to me they have been cutting corners on our servers, otherwise the US would face the same problem and they currently dont.

oh they have them, this isnt peak time in the us, last night during peak hours servers were 3-4 hours to get on for some and at least 1 hour + on well over half.

One question I have.

Why the official waiting times are false?. The reality shows us the real waiting time is more than 2 times the official one.

they hope we dont notise it, it locks like a smaler problem if it is 2,10h que in stead off

5h+ que:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wonderful, I wait 3 hours to get in , start playing, hard lockup, restart pc and I am expected to queue again, even though I attempted to rejoin as soon as physically possible. Therefore, the group I was with now think I bailed or pissed off without saying a word, phuckin great, more so as they had just asked if I wanted to join their guild

Im very disapointed. One crash and now i have spent about 2 hours in queue to get back in, and its still 272 people ahead of me. I dread how it will be when the game goes live and even more people are trying to get on.

/golfclap for the one in charge of queue admini.... or perhaps a forcechoke would be better.

40m wait on nightmare lands. I'm ok with that.

I'm on same server, while it says 40 mins for me last 2 nights when it has given around that time it has been longer about 1-1.30hrs, for me this is still to long.

I have to add ppl have been mentioning about guilds placed on specific servers for their guild placement and their wait times are nut's which they are, but in my case i was not in a guild at start, I chose my server on day 2 as it was a low pop, fine for a couple of days then the que's started, my character is now lvl 27 i don't want to start with the same character again, I would be happy to move to another server with my character but that isn't an option.

Just feel a bit dissapointed as to how BW are handling this at the moment. ( If I had to wait longer as some ppl are having too then i would be alot more annoyed.)

Plz BW sort your act out.

19:00 hrs on a Sunday evening.

North American SW:TOR servers : 1 server with a queue.

European SW:TOR servers: 42 servers with a queue

North American server: 15 min queue

European servers : 8 with a 30-60 min queue and 17 servers with over 60 minutes.

Seeing there is no problem on the American servers is proof that BW can provide servers that can handle the loads, the question is why they won't provide them for European customers. :mad:

Edited by Amplicon

European servers : 8 with a 30-60 min queue and 17 servers with over 60 minutes.

Seeing there is no problem on the American servers is proof that BW can provide servers that can handle the loads, the question is why they won't provide them for European customers. :mad:

It's the morning in the US.

This is not the comparison you are looking for; move along.

Game crashed, into an estimated 1hr 45 minute queue at position 1632 at 16:25, now it is 18:02 and I am 881 in the queue.

SO about a 3 and a half hour to 4 hour queue, not the 1hr 45 minute one. Get these estimated wait times sorted out or even better get the problem resolved!

I waited 5h 40mins on Tomb of Freedon Nadd yesterday.

Today I got in a bit earlier and "only" had to wait about 2 hours. Then I had to go to the flower store with my GF to buy some Christmas stuff, and came back and now I am 573 in queue after 4 hours wait. I guess it will be another 2 hours before I get in and able to play. That means I have spent more than 8 hours waiting to play this game just today.

:ph_disagree:

Edited by Notepid

Its like 3 am there now lol ?

I agree that this really needs sorting quickly. I am playing on EU Frostclaw and the queues are around the 1000 mark when I try to log on which is making this very frustrating. I haven't had any problems with the game crashing or disconecting me so I have managed to level my character and don't really want to play another toon on a different server.

In all of the MMO's I have played I have never experienced queues like this before and unless they get a handle on it I can see a lot of subscriptions lapsing after the 30 days that come with the game.

ps if Bioware need some more servers I have a retired WoW blade server which I just picked up on ebay :D

Edited by PigStix