Chapter XV contamination bug

texmonty

So I'm on chapter fifteen of KOTFE. The Gemini one. And throughout the entire chapter, since being separated from the crew, I've been "contaminated" which stacks and stacks and ultimately gives you about 2 or so minutes to live. I've died I don't know how many times. I die during cutscenes even. I was thinking it was part of the mission, like you have to get to the next checkpoint before you die, but that's all I ever could do, was get to the next checkpoint, die, and then respawn a little further. On some of the longer stretches of running, if I had to stop and fight a mob, I couldn't make it to the checkpoint in time. Finally, I made it to the bridge cutscene, died instantly afterwards because my hp was at 0, and then spawned on the other side of the door which now won't open for me. This whole chapter seems bugged out. I finished the side quest to look for "useful" equipment thinking that might provide a gas mask or something of that nature but no, nothing. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Still there. I just died 3 times because even once I'm outside the contamination room, there is no way to stop my HP from depleting. Finally went to my stronghold and came back. Good news is that I am no longer contaminated; the bad news is that it locked off 3/4 of the map, so I can't finish the bonus quest like I wanted to do. It'd also be nice to be reimbursed the ~100k credits I had to spend to fix my armor due to this bug.

How does this kind of thing even get through beta testing?

Edited by Ripplemagne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Checking in. May and its still doing this. Relogging doesn't fix it for me. My companion has it too and dies off quickly along with me. Edit: After relogging many times throughout different points eventually it went away for me. Edited by ishandi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The same bug here. I gave up in the room with Skytrooper Constructor boss because beating it with permanently stacking poison was beyond my abilities. Died uncounted number of times... Thanks to this forum thread, travelling to Stronghold and re-entering the chapter returned me back to that boss without any poison, so it's doable.

I ask, how this chapter should be working by initial design? At least the poison should be stopped far before the room with GEMINI Prime captain or at least immediately before begin of dialog between Scorpio and captain. This could make the chapter doable, even with a few deaths of poisoning before. But this does not happen...

• 3 weeks later...

The bug is still there as of yesterday. Actually, managed to get poisoned in two places :-( The first one is the usual room with two consoles, but the second one is the room with several destructible "power sources".

Luckily traveling to personal starship fixes the issue, had to do it twice though.

Have to agree with previous poster - as it is the chapter is unplayable. Besides, the need to jump to starship and return really breaks immersion.

So, I just HAD to reply to this. It's now September of 2020 and I just ran into this bug. I completed the entire chapter of the Gemini chain with the corruption bug and got to the boss. I figured, hey maybe the debuff will go away at the boss, nah. Thankfully I found this post, and used the advice here to fix it, but lawd have mercy that was frustrating. I was like "This is story mode, why is this so freakishly impossible." i was corpse crawling from checkpoint to checkpoint. :mad::):mad::)

• 2 weeks later...

yeah ran into this *****tain bug on my merc, beat the damn chapter by continiously respawning, backtracking large hallways (and funny enough seeing some of the mobs i killed respawn which is prob another bug) and gettting to the last boss with senya now i was lvl 75 with 306 non set bonus gear so it took a while like 55 stacks of poison to kill me but the fact

it is still bugged as of 17-9-2020 is and to say it nicely GROSSLY incompetent on bioware's part that it is still not fixed

that i didnt think of it as a bug but rather a feature of the ship afterall the ships of the eternal fleet are automated so no organic lifeforms present maybe thats why there was poison across the ship.

and that the only work around is to leave the chapter breaking the flow of the story progression honestly

bioware fix this.

Edited by elimatorxv

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this bug is more random since i have done that chapter 2 time's with 2 diffrend chars and only one got that bug will the other not has it.

the only way i have fond out is if you get it you most go to your stronghold and then go back since it will remove the posion if you get it

still its a random bug that can happing here and there.