Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2020 Greetings from Keith!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
02.01.2020 , 06:46 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Still better than content that lasts you 20 minutes.

I didnt stick around for that, but i do for this. Theres more content besides the story. That is what lasts.

More interested in seeing news of new planets (with dailies/heroics) FP's, WZ's and OP's. Story is the cream on top, it's not the core of the meal and it can never be. We consume it far faster than it can be made.
It is what lasts but it's the story primarily that hooks people in. Without it, it would be tetris. Still fun, but not something that will ignite passionate discussions, imagination etc. Disregarding story component in this MMO is just as dangerous as group-play component.
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

TonyTricicolo's Avatar


TonyTricicolo
02.01.2020 , 07:02 AM | #172
After all the years playing this game, I've learned to expect nothing so that when something unique does happen I'm pleasantly surprised.
My John Handcock

TinaLovesHan's Avatar


TinaLovesHan
02.01.2020 , 01:55 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I very much agree. Especially keen to see more of Vector, whose character arc I find myself appreciating even more after another light-side agent playthrough. He really is a multi-layered, subtle character with a moving story. Before my current agent playthrough, I was confused about how to reconcile
Spoiler

Vector undergoes character development over the course of the agent story, while simultaneously having core values that don't substantially change; he just goes through a period of adjustment. During the time skip, he experiences a lot more change, and I'm very interested to see how his character continues to develop in whatever circumstances he finds himself now.

Definitely do want further crafting improvements and Zenith's return too, so I'm 100% on the same page as you here.
Yeeesssss! Vector is still, after all these years, my favorite romance and one of my favorite characters in the game. If I could insert an audience applauding you gif here I would. So just imagine I did.

TinaLovesHan's Avatar


TinaLovesHan
02.01.2020 , 02:00 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
/agreed.

/agree

I absolutely rather be playing than crafting. Let my companions do the crafting as they always have :P

Edit: Dangit, I quoted the wrong one. But I was agreeing with the post on page 14 about crafting. Sorry

TinaLovesHan's Avatar


TinaLovesHan
02.01.2020 , 02:10 PM | #175
One more post from me and then I promise I'm done for today!

Story is the reason I sub and the reason I've been here for 8 yrs. I don't mind when other stuff is released, I'm happy for others to get content they enjoy. I don't mind a bit of wait in between story bits. And while some parts of the story has been better than others, I always enjoyed it all (except those walker chapters, eff those! lol).

Again: Thanks devs for all the hard work you put into this game for us. I appreciate it!

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
02.01.2020 , 02:24 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
It is what lasts but it's the story primarily that hooks people in. Without it, it would be tetris. Still fun, but not something that will ignite passionate discussions, imagination etc. Disregarding story component in this MMO is just as dangerous as group-play component.
I did say it is the cream. You can't have this pie without cream. It's what makes it so delicious! But, you cannot focus only on making cream and have no pie. Hopefully this tasty comparison makes sense.

neneaz's Avatar


neneaz
02.01.2020 , 03:11 PM | #177
maybe you will manage to fix scaling problems for turrets and walkers... pretty big bug. and fix those intrerupts from trash, pretty annoying, i understand if it is a boss or something, but just stumbling into them you get frozen 10s every fight... For what? is not more difficult, is more annoying

and lvl scalling problems. A lot of people still play the old content, also new players too!

Sarova's Avatar


Sarova
02.01.2020 , 03:37 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Same here. I still feel sad when I think of the truncated KotFE/ET story and what could have been if we had 3x16 chapters. I do enjoy the story updates we currently get, but I wish they were more substantial and frequent.
I thought the chapter format was excellent; it was the story I was disappointed with. I didn't like my original companions being removed, that they stuck me in carbonite for 5 years and started forcing companions on me that I really didn't want (and keep doing that). It's such a shame even now that it wasn't our love interests who rescued us from the carbonite prison.
I make/play a lot of alts who end up marrying their class LIs and have to take many of them through the whole of kotfe/kotet/iokath just to make sure they get their LIs back without issue. I'd like them to add an option to be able to to autocomplete the chapters I'd rather avoid once the story has been completed in full on at least one of my characters.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

Damask_Rose's Avatar


Damask_Rose
02.01.2020 , 03:45 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
I did say it is the cream. You can't have this pie without cream. It's what makes it so delicious! But, you cannot focus only on making cream and have no pie. Hopefully this tasty comparison makes sense.
It does, except what you consider cream, many of consider the pie. SWtOR has a large portion of the playerbase playing for story and nothing but story. Well maybe space barbie too... So your pie is our cream. We repeat the story over and over again, but rarely if ever touch the rest. The rest is more like the Brussels sprouts we have to eat so we can eat our cream pie. Sure, you can force us to eat Brussels sprouts, but expect us to gag and complain the whole time.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
I thought the chapter format was excellent; it was the story I was disappointed with. I didn't like my original companions being removed, that they stuck me in carbonite for 5 years and started forcing companions on me that I really didn't want (and keep doing that). It's such a shame even now that it wasn't our love interests who rescued us from the carbonite prison.
I make/play a lot of alts who end up marrying their class LIs and have to take many of them through the whole of kotfe/kotet/iokath just to make sure they get their LIs back without issue. I'd like them to add an option to be able to to autocomplete the chapters I'd rather avoid once the story has been completed in full on at least one of my characters.
For some reason a lot of people (and I include the developers) can't separate the story from the format the story was delivered in. I loved the chapter format, but the majority of the story was lame. I'm not sad that it got truncated, because I hated the characters and the ridiculous retconning and the less time spent on it the better. However, I really miss having large, frequent story updates. I'd be over the moon if they could give us a quality story in big, regular chunks.
My name is Milind. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
02.01.2020 , 04:06 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
It does, except what you consider cream, many of consider the pie. SWtOR has a large portion of the playerbase playing for story and nothing but story. Well maybe space barbie too... So your pie is our cream. We repeat the story over and over again, but rarely if ever touch the rest. The rest is more like the Brussels sprouts we have to eat so we can eat our cream pie. Sure, you can force us to eat Brussels sprouts, but expect us to gag and complain the whole time.
And this is where the problem lies. Ideally, both Story and Group-Play players would be catered to equally with frequent & meaty content updates. But with the skeleton crew SWTOR has, it's not gonna happen and it's been a problem almost since the game launched. It was either lots of Dailies/Ops/WZ updates along few & poor quality story updates (Dread Masters/SOR era), or it was heavy story release schedule with little-to-none systemic group-play updates (KOTFEET era). So either 1 group of players was unhappy or the other. Now that content production is a bit more balanced, it seems that EVERYONE is unhappy as no one really recieves that much desired content, neither story players nor the Ops players...
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH