Scrapper Animation Tuning.

ScottGrim

Hi all, long time player and Scrapper lover here.

I see a few threads about the scrapper's animations and wanting updates. Weather it be for cosmetics or game play i wanted to throw some ideas out there.

First before i start i want to state i do love this class and spec and will continue to play this spec and class if it got updates or not.

With that here i go.

1: Bushwack ( AOE)- while im sure there are plenty that like or dont mind this animation, there are quite a few including myself who do not. But, i have an idea, what if instead the animation had us quickly draw our blaster/sidearm at waist level and had us fanning our pistol (spray and pray) and the last second or so we spin or blaster back into our holster. I think that would be extremely cool looking and give us the feel of quick draw master and more abilities that use our actual blaster.

Or

Pull both our blaster and slug thrower (Shotgun/scattergun) out and unload on our targets. We could call it spray and pray.

2: Blood Boiler (single target)- again this is a mix of liking or hating the animation. What if we tossed a gernade towards your target and quickly drew our pistol and shot the grenade making it explode in the target's face. I really thought this was a neat idea which was mentioned in another thread, though i cant recall the poster's name, the credit goes to them. We could call it The Bunker Buster or Light em up (or something simlair).

Or

The other idea i had was for us to **** our shotgun, weather it be a pump action or lever action and have the barrel glow orange to show its super heating and fire off a high velocity armor piercing slug round into our target. Again we could call it a Slug buster or something.

3. Bludgeon/ and or pistolwhip (single target)- i really dont mind this one. But, i hear alot of complaints on this one. what if we quick drew our pistol as we drew it spun once clock wise in our hand and the moment it was postioned back into our palm we blasted our target, then spun it again back into our holster. Could call it execution shot or quick shot. Something along those lines.

4. Sucker punch (Single Target)- ahh the iconic Sucker punch ill be honest i have never really been a fan of this animation and i really REALLY dislike the animation sound and forget if there are more then one scrapper in a group lol. So what if we had it where we drew both our blaster and shot gun and fired one then the other, since this ability is on a short cool down dont make the animation too long or too complex. We could call this ability Salt and pepper or double shot

Or

Pulls out blaster and viroblade/dagger one in each hand shoots the target then immediately slices or stabs their target. Or heck takes two dagers and slices or stabs or even one slice or stab

Could call it slice and dice ( yes i know where its from but it fits the theme) or bladed blast

5. Surrdender (aggro drop): never been a fan will never be a fan of this. Like come on really? So we just give up and throw credits on the ground.. yeah no.

1: i work to hard for those credits thank you lol and 2: We are not some joe shmoe who found a blaster in a cracker jack box. That blaster is litteraly an exstention of my body, its my life line im not gonna go down without a fight, us scrappers with fight tooth and nail to get ahead. So how about instead a simple yet effective fix.. a smoke grenade literally boom 💥 done.

So for my last and final say.

I really do love this game, but if i am honest here i do feel like the force using classes got abit more attention when it comes to animations verses some of the tech classes and are bit more flashy come paired to us non- force users. I get light sabers are very iconic and flashy in themselves... but so are blasters in the star wars universe.

Speaking of blasters you'll notice a theme here, more animations with our weapons, blasters/shotgun/grenades/blades. Please theres quite a few of us that would like to see more animations with our fire arms. Im not saying there are not people who like sucker punch and such but maybe we can compromise abit.

Also just so its stated, love it or hate it we are a melee class as a scrapper so all these ability are within melee range, other then maybe our aoe attacks.

I really do enjoy the melee style of this class and the uniqueness of it with the scrapper, so please dont change that.

Well i want to thank you for taking the time to read this.

Akaa Cross-

"May your blasters never jam and your shots always find their mark."