top sorc dps for unranked pvp /

kapoosh

You are better off playing another class when it comes to PvP. If you realy want good ranged dmg go Trooper or Bountyhunter

I don’t know what you’re smoking, but I think it’s been laced with something psychedelic or psychoactive. Lightning Sorc is one of the best ranged damage dealers in the current meta. A well-played Lightning Sorc can melt just about anyone in seconds.

The thing is, like with Operative, there’s a high skill ceiling to play this class well. You have to manage positioning and DCDs well, or you’ll die a lot.

Also, avoid Madness like the plague. Unless you’ve got a pocket healer and a tank for a best friend, you will not get very far with Madness. The damage is just laughable and the survivability is worse.

• 2 weeks later...
I don’t know what you’re smoking, but I think it’s been laced with something psychedelic or psychoactive. Lightning Sorc is one of the best ranged damage dealers in the current meta. A well-played Lightning Sorc can melt just about anyone in seconds.

If you're allowed to just stand around free casting you can wreck someone, sure, but that's true for every ranged damage dealer. The problem with sorcs is a combination of:

1) They're extremely easy to shut down. Put one dd, especially a melee, on a lightning sorc and his damage output drops dramatically.

2) No reliable way to avoid 1) above. You can't avoid getting force charged, so juggernauts/etc will be all over you. You also have limited options of getting away (sorcs have low mobility in general), and defense/damage mitigation. Compare this with snipers/gunslingers who can avoid getting charged altogether, reliably avoid cc, and defend themselves like cornered honey badgers even if locked down. Really, no jugg/mara wants to slowly walk through a lot of gunfire just to reach an entrenched guy you can't cc and who has multiple ways to escape or knock you away again.

3) Combination of 1) and 2) means sorcs tend to get focused once they show up. Players with any kind of experience know they can't really fight back (that is, they can pop barrier or phasewalk, to delay or possibly avoid the encounter, but that's not the same as putting the hurt on the person trying to attack you), and as such constitute an easy target. If you're melee and you see a sniper, a merc and a sorc, odds are you'll go for the sorc first every time.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I have been playing Sorcerer for years. It is always my main class in both PVP and PVE. For PvP you can be extremely deadly as a Sorcerer. Do not listen to the other posts saying you'd better off choosing another class.

They key with a Sorcerer is situational awareness. The toolkit of a Madness Sorcerer is good enough to kill a lot and your job in Warzones is not being hit, not being seen too much, and keep moving. This is true because Madness Sorcerer (I think the best discipline of the three) relies a lot on Force Lightning as your main spamming dps skill but it does allow more mobility because it relies a lot on your DoTs which can be applied while moving. Force Lightning also channels and ticks faster with a passive you get later on, giving you even more mobility.

Your biggest advantage is that you can shoot lightning at 30 meters. Now, I know this might sound too obvious and basic, but if you are going to nuke an enemy with your force lightning + dots then you must know where to stand in a warzone. You must look for a spot that cuts all line of sight to other planers to channel your Force Lightning that will proc the Wrath passive. The good news is: your dots can be applied while moving and they are your biggest strength.

So it's always Force Lightning → Demolish → Other DoTs.

Most of the time they will die later when you are already engaging another enemy. Because of your DoTs. Spam Death Field as much as possible. Don't bother with Force Storm in PvP. The damage is not worth it and you can't move while casting it.

For the utilities I go as follows:

Skillful:

Sith Defiance

Torturous Tactics

Corrupted Flesh

Masterful:

Haunted Dreams

Lightning Barrier

Electric Bindings

Legendary:

Corrupted Barrier

Emersion