Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Screaming_Ziva
03.25.2021 , 03:17 PM | #71
Why is the Ornate Kubazian Box bind on pickup instead of legacy bound? You've done legacy bound companions before with the Nightlife event. If someone accidentally claims this on their non-main character, you're going to have some fairly upset people.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Sildroni
03.25.2021 , 06:45 PM | #72
Please answer the following questions:
Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?
Yes - with a little bit of poking around

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
Yes

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
A separate page would be nice - a drop down that sorts by them specifically would work too I suppose (sorting by type doesn't work well)

I noticed that things aren't incrementing well/correctly. Hutta Enemies 2 was stuck at 0/50 for quite awhile (a logout/login fixed this) Korriban Enemies 2 was stuck as well - logout/login fixed. Taris had no problem moving from Enemies 1 to Enemies 2.

Tatooine Insectoids with Altuur 0/75 increments while solo and with other companions (I don't have Altuur)
Inquisitor with Xalek, Khem, and Ashara

Picked a PO at random Voss Insectoids 0/1. Killed 3 Shaclaws inside one of the heroics there and nothing showed.
Checked the list further and there is a Galactic Insectoid PO as well 0/200 with 4 different targets available. Killiks, Shaclaws, Colicoids, Geonosians. Again, nothing incremented with just the 3 I killed. It increments one for one with open world Geonosians on Tatooine.

Started the next day with 6/800
completed PO Coreward Neutralization (Alderaan Enemies 2), PO Taking Sides (kill Alderaan Insectoids) and completed PO Its Nothing Personal (kill 200 insectoids) [2 dailies and a weekly (I think)]
still only have 6/800 after logout/login and a game restart. Not really sure how to get things jump started but its a bit frustrating. The daily and weekly "monitor" isnt incrementing either (no check marks).
Sqn ()
eleven*ELEVEN*eleven

"Improvised interrogations are my speciality."

MaximusRex
03.25.2021 , 07:45 PM | #73
  • Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

It took a bit of looking, I didn't realize that a tab was added to login rewards at first.

• Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes, I felt these were pretty obvious.

• In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

I am not sure why they are on the conquest screen, they don't currently seem to be conquest objectives as well, are they going to be added to conquest later? If not I think they should have another tab on the Login Rewards window.

• How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

It's not easy to tell at this point, at first glance it seems reasonable.

• What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

The UI isn't real consistent with the rest of the game UI. The most similar window to the Login Reward windows is the Quest Log/Conquest window, and just opening both and having them near each other, the higher quality of the older UI is very evident. It would be nice to see more consistency of look and smoothness of graphical elements.

lordoftransform
03.25.2021 , 08:13 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by damonFTW View Post
Quite easily, not that hard and most people claiming login rewards should stumble onto it as its a new tab on the same page.

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
Easily as they came up at the top of my conquest, itd be nicer if it was highlighted in a different colour like Gold or Orange or something.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
Dailies list seemed easy and fine, not too time consuming but not difficult either.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?
Seems fine so far.

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?
The rewards for getting to higher tiers which requires more constant daily gameplay.
Also theres no big prize for getting to the end. Perhaps adding a flair or character title for getting to tier 100 would be good each season.
I drafted a rough "flair" that could be given for hitting tier 100. Imgur Link
Either that or a baggie/lockbox of maybe like 5-10 Galactic Seasons tokens for getting to the very end. The PTS battlepass contains only 12, thats barely enough to buy even a small portion of the rewards provided and not even enough to get both strongholds.
Agreed, I really like the idea of a flair and of more currency. If these items are gonna rotate, I might as well be able to buy a good chunk of them before I don't see them for a long while.

Pandoras_Jar
03.26.2021 , 04:08 AM | #75

I had no issues finding it. I instinctively clicked on the login rewards tick thingy in the social menu and found the Galactic Seasons tab there.

All too easy.

From what I've skimmed, there seems to be quite a variety of objectives suited to all playstyles. Players who already do a variety of conquest objectives should have little issue with levelling galactic seasons.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

Based on rough math, players who log in regularly should not have any issue getting to level 100 regardless of their content preferences or how they play the game. Obviously, the more variety of gameplay a player is willing to participate in, the faster they will level through this system. Players who do not like to participate in certain types of content, however, should still be able to adequately level through this system within the prescribed amount of time.

When you consider that players will have 5 months (roughly 150 days) to gain 100 levels, this battle pass system is actually quite generous compared to other prominent examples. A player who logs in and completes all the daily objectives every day once Game Update 6.3 goes live (+ complete weekly objectives & bonus point gain) should get to level 100 in around 2 1/2 months. This is indeed very generous.

What other general feedback would you like to tell us?

Galactic Seasons is looking to be an excellent battle pass system comparable to those found in prominent games like Call of Duty or Fortnite. But perhaps could use a tweak or two.

TWEAK 1: Rewards for every single level - I do find it quite odd that there isn't a reward for every single level. Although the rewards could still be being finalised. So in that case, no worries!

TWEAK 2: Tokens - I am not a big fan of how few tokens we can earn. Subscribers can only earn a total of 12 Tokens this season (it appears so far). Given that the total cost to buy every item on the vendor is 65 tokens, 12 Tokens a tad bit low. Yes, long time subscribers like myself will already have most of the items. But, there are a fair few new items to pick from. With my Tokens, I'll be able to get the Imp Fleet Penthouse Stronghold and choose from two of the new weapons. That's it. I won't even be able to consider getting any of the other new rewards on offer.

Despite these needed tweaks, the system is very well designed. Players who engage in this system have zero gameplay advantage over those who choose not to. It is simply a cosmetic fluff reward system which is exactly what it should be. The level skipping mechanic, again, offers no gameplay advantage for players who choose to use it. Therefore, it is not 'pay to win' even though cartel coins can be used. In fact, given the tie-in to conquest, it is ultimately detrimental for players who frequently play the game to skip levels as they are missing out on potential conquest points. (Obviously, for players who can't play the game for an extended period of time who want the rewards, skipping levels would be worth it).

Overall, I appreciate how easy it will be to participate in this system via in-game means. I really like that I'll be able to earn some nice cosmetic rewards simply by playing the game how I already do and by branching out more to other areas of the game I frequent less (if I want to level faster).

Hopefully, this system will be a stepping stone (post-6.3) to more engaging endgame content with substance the community craves and is anxious to hear more about.

Finally, a quick question, will we be able to directly preview the rewards from the Galactic Seasons Track? It's pretty annoying that we can't do so now, especially the decorations! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE!

P.S. For anyone seeking clarification on the Galactic Seasons system, I have a Q&A guide on MMO Bits - https://mmobits.com/2021/03/20/swtor...sons-overview/
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
| SWTOR Content Creator Program Member |
WEBSITE: MMOBITS.COM - Game Update 6.0 Gearing Guide - 6.2 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide - 6.0 Class Guides | Twitter: @xamxamgaming
~ Satele Shan - APAC/Oceanic ~

Stradlin
03.26.2021 , 04:50 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

• Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?'
  • Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes. Though entire Galactic Seasons UI has bit subservient vibe to it - Objectives should def. have a menu of their own, instead of being buried among conquest objectives. Maybe this is work in progress?

[*]In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
Please add objectives for Starfighter and railshooter space pve as well! As it stands, these are both missing for no good reason. Objective list is in pretty dire need of some..diversification. GSF and Railshooter offer a plenty.

[*]What other general feedback would you would like to tell us? [/list]
Most objectives are same stuff people have been doing for conquest for a long time now. Rampages, story mode ops, etc. Would be fun to have some objectives that are bit further outside the box. Bit heavier investment on encouraging people to do something they usually don't would be nice. Starfighter, Railshooter, Railshooter heroic missions, Eternal Championship, Uprisings would deserve to be bit more prominent alternatives here. There's 200 different rampage objectives but only one for doing an Uprising.

.. I mean..how many different systems want to reward me for killing few dozen mobs in DK?

In general, I think it would be nice to include stuff that is kinda rarely visited or niche. System could be used to show or promote parts of game that are off the beaten path for most.

Why not have objectives that reward people from doing stuff on pvp instances of planets for example? Kill other players, kill NPCs in specific Rep/Imp outposts..and so on.

Happy to see rewards look pretty novel and interesting.

Ps aff GSF customizations as daily rewards!

Elssha
03.26.2021 , 06:12 AM | #77
  • Please answer the following questions:
  • Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?
Yes.

Yes, though I'd suggest to put them in another tab in the conquest list... like they are in the login rewards screen (or otherwise separate them more).
  • In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
At first... I didn't realize the the items referred to conquest objectives. Since I don't do conquest much (not enough to know the names of objectives), I thought "Ziost: defeat enemies 2" meant "defeat 2 enemies on Ziost".
(also NOTE that Ziost rampages don't exist - killing 2 things on ziost made sense, since everything is DEAD there >_>)

• How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?
I don't like the system. One of the two objectives I had (ziost) was impossible to complete.
  • What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?
I have major issues with the 'get ahead' premise, and the CC option to 'catch up'. I worry it sets a bad precedent for the game, encouraging paying to *not* play instead of pushing players to try new types of content by providing shinny carrots.

Screaming_Ziva
03.26.2021 , 07:00 AM | #78
I know it's just the PTS but I really wish the daily priority missions would change from day to day. I have to keep copying characters over to the PTS to do the CZ weekly.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Ranadiel_Marius
03.26.2021 , 07:19 AM | #79
I got the 12 point login bonus today. No issues that I noticed other than the previous mentioned lack of indication of rewards. Really should probably be a pop up message or something. The login reward number was showing 5 for the 4 daily rewards and the login reward when I first logged in though. As a general bug report, after I zoned the number changed to zero (despite me not claiming any of the four rewards) and I think when I first hit level 1 yesterday I was having the same bug as I recall having seeing zero when I was looking for any indication I leveled up.

Now that I have hit level 2 and level 3, I see a major UI failure. The level bar on the Galactic Seasons menu. I see now that it is supposed to be tracking your total progress towards level 100. And I am not opposed to that idea for the level bar, and arguably that makes more sense than a repeating bar with only 8 XP...the problem is the location. It is right below the level indicators of 1-6 (or w/e levels you are currently displaying). The visual implication is that the XP in the bar corresponds with the levels right above it (not helped by the fact that the XP bar has markers at the edges of each level section of the chart). Thus the XP bar makes it look like I am less than 1/4 of the way to reaching level 1 despite the fact that I have hit level 3. If the plan is to keep the bar as a progress to level 100 bar then it needs to be moved or adjusted because its current location is just going to confuse people. Possible solutions would include moving it to the bottom of the menu below the page numbers or adding an icon for level 100 at the end of the bar (although depending on the icon that could make people think that it is progress towards 100 XP). Point is needs to be tweaked unless you want a lot of bug reports about it not working and/or people thinking they are leveling up slower than they are.

Ekyam_Drakon
03.26.2021 , 08:04 AM | #80
UPDATE:

Got to level 4 today and finally unlocked the token! I don't know if it was an intentional PTS feature, so we could experience and test the rewards out, or if it is a BUG, so reporting if the latter is the case: Token can be claimed infinitely!

Really hope that feature is in game! What? NOO!??

Kidding aside, a few rewards "issues":
> Nico did not show on Collections after using the communicator.
> "Nico Okarr's Duster", "Altuur's Infiltrator Customization", and weapons I tried on comps also did not unlock on Collections after use (they are on a timer even after use, so maybe that's it?)
> The new SHs are nice. However, looking out the window gets a bit weird. On SW, including Swtor, all ships are usually on the x axis and watching a bunch on the y axis was
It's even more expressive watching from the Imp SH since there are ships both on x and y!
Not a bad thing, btw, simply unusual watching them this way.

One last thing, 1 token per reward is far, far too little. I'd suggest a bundle of 5-6 per rewards. Being optimistic?
EDIT: Some people, and pretending I'm being altruistic and not talking about myself, really like multiple decos... As is, it's kinda hard to get most things, let alone multiples