Refund!

Kirakis

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came back to this game after a long period of time, especially for the upcoming update. Now, this was cancelled 1 week before it was supposed to go live. You fooled me for one month of subscription. I am really disappointed as I was looking forward to the game. I might or might not see you in a couple of years. In the meantime I am going to go and try FFXIV, I have heard a lot of good things about that game. :rolleyes:

It's great that you are taking more time to polish the game, but I want my money back.:p

Edited by iflostif

You payed for a subscription.

You received your subscription

end of transaction

Feel free to be disappointed, or even angry at them, but asking for a refund is just silly.

Don't just don't be Capt Save-a-Dev. People are legit mad because they were lied to/misled and payed for an update they are not getting. It was false advertising. You cannot proclaim "you get x this month" then people pay and you don't get "x". It is unprofessional as hell. False advertising.

I pay a sub and have from launch. them not knowing they were going to roll it out for another 2 months just a week from the scheduled drop date is crap and you know it. People payed money for something that was not delivered. I had friends sign up for the month of Dec BECAUSE of the expansion. They are not following thru with their end. I am for those people to get a refund.

Edited by NuSeC

Can you please post the proper path to receiving a refund ? Is there a process to acknowledge our current subscriptions purchase of LOTS on your end? How about a title called "Whoopsie" for having been subbed at the proper date? Will you be releasing the expansion for ALL(f2p, pref) players now because this is such a massive mistake?

You can't just take people's money when they are clearly under the impression they have subbed and pre-purchased a copy of LOTS, unless you're literally RP'ing darkside.

On a side note, does anyone in the office know what else is coming out in February? This little game called Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons

I too think they should refund people who subscribed anticipating the week away launch. Bioware are fools, they should not have announced a date not set in stone, and I am sure they knew they would delay it. All to get some extra subscriptions in to fluff up their numbers for their next shareholders call... scummy.

I bought a 2 month subscription to play the new expansion. I feel that they basically stole my money. I want a refund or 2 months of subscription time added to my account. This is extremely unprofessional behavior!

Entitlement generation at its finest.

As a sign of good faith, BioWare could give everyone who is currently subbed (as of the announcement) a month free that starts on the 15th February.

But I’m not sure if the Subscription service can be setup to work like that. Maybe they could instead give players Cartel Coins to the value of one months Subscription. And then add a one month subscription token on the Cartel Market for the same price of Cartel Coins.

Then players who specifically resubbed for the expansion could choose to let their current sub lapse till February 15 or play through.

Personally, I’d already unsubbed and didn’t intend to play in December due to the silly change they are making in 7.0. And unless they are adjusting some of those before 7.0 is now released, I’m not sure I’ll resub on February 15th anyway. So I don’t need a free month myself. But others might if they’d actually planned their resubbing to correspond with the expansions release in December.

I'm going to yell this so people might listen this time: (ahem)

DON'T EVER MAKE PLANS AROUND THE RELEASE SCHEDULE OF THIS GAME! THEY RARELY EVER MEET THEIR INITIAL ANNOUNCED DATE AND YOU WILL BE SORELY DISAPPOINTED!

Seriously. I've been saying this for years but people just don't seem to listen. In fact, that advice goes double for any major game release (Cyberpunk 2077 I'm looking at you, no matter how much I love you); making plans (i.e. work schedules, subscribing early, etc.) around game schedules is doomed to failure for this very reason. It's perfectly fine to be disappointed but you can't say that this was unexpected; how many times has this game in particular failed to meet the first release date they announce for, well, anything really?

This problem could be resolved if the game devs simply add the words 'Suggested release date' or 'Projected release date' on each announcement so that people don't get upset when they inevitably fail to reach it.

You payed for a subscription.

You received your subscription

end of transaction

Feel free to be disappointed, or even angry at them, but asking for a refund is just silly.

This is the kind of post that is wrong.

They advertised a new expansion, to which players reacted appropriately. To cancel it on the week before does count as false advertising and is the kind of reason you actually should demand a refund for, unlike artificial delays. An alternative might be to allow a delay on the sub for 2 months, so it can serve the obvious purpose, but you'd have to be such a silly person not to understand what false advertising is.

This is the kind of post that is wrong.

They advertised a new expansion, to which players reacted appropriately. To cancel it on the week before does count as false advertising and is the kind of reason you actually should demand a refund for, unlike artificial delays. An alternative might be to allow a delay on the sub for 2 months, so it can serve the obvious purpose, but you'd have to be such a silly person not to understand what false advertising is.

If it's false advertising why not take it to court? You sound pretty confident lol

No wonder Bioware feels their behavior is acceptable :rolleyes:

The lengths people go to on this forum to defend mediocrity, just ugh.

Oh please:rolleyes:

All I've been seeing on these forums for the past few weeks is how messy 7.0 is on the PTR. Bioware agreed and moved the release date a few months. That's not mediocrity. That's being professional.

And if you design your life around a video game, that's on you because launch delays happen all the time in this industry. Every MMO has had to delay a game or expansion at some point in time. Your sub fee allowed you full access to the game which you have been playing. So..no. You don't deserve a refund.

Edited by oslek

No wonder Bioware feels their behavior is acceptable :rolleyes:

The lengths people go to on this forum to defend mediocrity, just ugh.

Give it a rest. The guy subbed prematurely and is demanding compensation for his own mistake.

He subscribed. He's getting everything a sub will get you. Demanding a refund is completely absurd.

I bought a 2 month subscription to play the new expansion. I feel that they basically stole my money. I want a refund or 2 months of subscription time added to my account. This is extremely unprofessional behavior!

Im just going to point out the elephant in the room here. If you want a refund due to this delay? That means wouldnt have subbed to the game that long anyway. You would have done 7.0 story then left. Would you like me to show you to the exit sir or mam? We need steady end game players in swtor atm not unreliable flakes.

Seriously, why didn't you wait until the day of the release to sub if all you wanted was the expansion? Delays happen. So if that's the only reason you subbed now, then that's on you.

100% this

Edited by Zergnaut

imagine defending bad business practices and people's money being stolen and then calling them entitled.

#1 This expansion should have been a preorder and this problem wouldn't have happened,

#2 They shouldn't have announced the release date way too early.

#3 Just because it's normal to get away with stuff like this doesn't mean its acceptable, we need to stand together and ask for change!

#4 Stop putting release dates you can't meet, set a release date after the game is about gone gold, or give your self plenty of time to fulfill your release date, you can always move the release date closer and people would be cheering their bantha tails off.

#5 yes these people deserve some form of compensation since they only gave a 6 day notice, they announced the release date three weeks ago, they should have known they wouldn't be ready. HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE!

Edited by SaerethDL

imagine defending bad business practices and people's money being stolen and then calling them entitled.

#1 This expansion should have been a preorder and this problem wouldn't have happened,

#3 Just because it's normal to get away with stuff like this doesn't mean its acceptable, we need to stand together and ask for change!

#4 Stop putting release dates you can't meet, set a release date after the game is about gone gold, or give your self plenty of time to fulfill your release date, you can always move the release date closer and people would be cheering their bantha tails off.

#5 yes these people deserve some form of compensation since they only gave a 6 day notice, they announced the release date three weeks ago, they should have known they wouldn't be ready. HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE!

Quoting for emphasis...

I'm not sure why many of you here are defending what is effectively a bait-and-switch.

Edited by Ulrah

People should try to understand a key point in consumer protection law.

I don't know about other countries for sure, but I expect it's a common theme. Certainly in the UK, the various "consumer can claim refund" laws and regulations are based on the purpose for which the item is *sold*, not the purpose for which it is *bought*.(1)

So the subscription is *sold* to allow the player to play without the non-subscriber restrictions. The fact that Player X *bought* it to be able to play the expansion is of *no* importance in a regulatory schema like that.

(1) It makes sense if you think about it. If I go into a hardware store and go to the rack clearly labelled "Hammers", and pick a hammer off the rack and buy it, with the intent of using it as a screwdriver, I'm going to be disappointed, but it would be totally unreasonable for me to *demand* a refund on the basis that it didn't do what I bought it for. (And the law wouldn't support me, either, because it was clearly sold for use as a hammer.) The fact that most such stores would exchange it if I hadn't scratched it up too much is merely a courtesy on their part.

Don't just don't be Capt Save-a-Dev. People are legit mad because they were lied to/misled and payed for an update they are not getting. It was false advertising. You cannot proclaim "you get x this month" then people pay and you don't get "x". It is unprofessional as hell. False advertising.

I pay a sub and have from launch. them not knowing they were going to roll it out for another 2 months just a week from the scheduled drop date is crap and you know it. People payed money for something that was not delivered. I had friends sign up for the month of Dec BECAUSE of the expansion. They are not following thru with their end. I am for those people to get a refund.

As simple as that, it was false advertising. They should, at least, give us some kind of compensation.

I don't even care about the money, it's the feeling that they have cheated me and did this on purpose, that they know that they wouldn't be able to release the expansion that day, or even close, and keep silent about it to gain subs.

Exactly. I hope I can pull the same stunt with my boss without being fired on site lol

The least they could do is give every subscriber $30 worth of cc. It's fake currency so Bioware doesn't lose real money. People who sub for the expansion will feel compensated, and the extra cc in their account will make them more likely to come back and sub again when 7.0 drops two months later. Long term subscribers could use it as a 10 year anniversary gift. They might not felt cheated by the delay, but they deserve the treat. It's a simple gesture but it would show that Bioware does take their paid customers seriously.