Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Loot Change with 6.3.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Master Loot Change with 6.3.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

winsorcat
09.11.2021 , 08:09 AM | #121
I just have to say, the new loot system is a step in the right direction, but if you really wanna make it more fair, just set it up so that whoever does the OP (or whatever) gets the loot. All parties get same loot (except gear is related to their class/specialty). Speaking as one who has done a lot of group content in hopes of getting some of the cool decos and stuff out there, but has never gotten any of it due to a combination of unlucky rolls and poor master loot management, it would be really nice if the system was a lot more fair. Most teams dont' want to stop long enough to be able to review the loot to see if people could use or need it, and that pop up window gets in the way. Another downside to system of rolling on loot is if your computer is a little slow or you are dead when loot is collected, you don't even get the chance to roll. If you don't want to give all parties invovled the good loot, maybe drop bound tokens towards purchase of said loot after the OP.

demotivator
09.13.2021 , 04:50 AM | #122
I am not going to cry over Master Loot gone, good riddance.

Still, loot distribution needs some work, my op healer got no less than 3 tanking pieces of gear in a MMFP. Like why am I getting tanking mods on a vibroknife? If I set my loot to a certain discipline that's not to get pieces I don't care about (especially when ops/scoundrels have no tanking discipline to beging with!)
Randomizing your forums.

ARFett
09.13.2021 , 11:58 AM | #123
Totally idiotic change.

Only because some idiots used Master Loot in OPS to cheat other players to get all the loot.

Now I can not greed/need/cede or disassemble when looting.

in ALL other activity when this bloody idiotic change was only due to some Master Looter cheaters.

It is bloody annoying and a bad change most of all!

Easy way to deal with Master Looter cheaters:

Just put them in ignore and go with some DECENT OPS guys.

Problem solved!

The looting system now was neither asked for nor is it good.

Want the old mechanics for loot back.

Just discard Master Loot in OPS only and problem solved.

And before you could SEE the rolls as well as seeing if someone just needed all the time or plain cheated you with taking Master Loot.

Then you could just take your consequences with how to deal with it.

But now?

You see NOTHING.

And that is most vexing.

"Do I get the loot? Sorry, need to check my inventory.."

Just...Bah!

Khabor
09.14.2021 , 10:45 AM | #124
During the Rakghoul Resurgence event that just ended I joined a number of "The Eyeless" 8 man pickup operations, story and hard mode. One of the main reasons to join that operation is for a shot at the "Barnacle of the Eyeless" drops. 2 drop in story mode and 4 in hard mode.

What appeared to have happened in each of those operations (based on scrolling up through loot messages) is the first person that looted the boss received all the Barnacles that dropped (either 2 or 4). Invariably the person that did get the Barnacle drops left the operation group immediately.

While the person getting those drops was no doubt happy, for everyone else this is a bad system.

At the very least those "Barnacle of the Eyeless" drops should be spread out among the entire operations group, not all go to the same person. Distribution should not be based on loot order, as that disadvantages ranged and healing classes.

While I won't comment on the "master looter" option, its not clear to me how this is an improvement over the "need/greed" option. I would prefer at least having need/greed for those Barnacle drops over what happen this past week.

Thank you for considering the feedback

RikuvonDrake
09.14.2021 , 05:31 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Khabor View Post
During the Rakghoul Resurgence event that just ended I joined a number of "The Eyeless" 8 man pickup operations, story and hard mode. One of the main reasons to join that operation is for a shot at the "Barnacle of the Eyeless" drops. 2 drop in story mode and 4 in hard mode.

What appeared to have happened in each of those operations (based on scrolling up through loot messages) is the first person that looted the boss received all the Barnacles that dropped (either 2 or 4). Invariably the person that did get the Barnacle drops left the operation group immediately.

While the person getting those drops was no doubt happy, for everyone else this is a bad system.

At the very least those "Barnacle of the Eyeless" drops should be spread out among the entire operations group, not all go to the same person. Distribution should not be based on loot order, as that disadvantages ranged and healing classes.

While I won't comment on the "master looter" option, its not clear to me how this is an improvement over the "need/greed" option. I would prefer at least having need/greed for those Barnacle drops over what happen this past week.

Thank you for considering the feedback
sadly this is a relic from the prior system as they all dropped in one stack even before the changes, hopefully, with the adjustments made to this system prior to 7.0 they will be split up into individuals rolls

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Blakinik
09.14.2021 , 06:56 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you all know about an upcoming change that will be happening with Patch 6.3.2.

Currently, SWTOR has a Master Loot option which allows the party leader to choose who receives each gear piece and a Group Loot option where gear must be rolled on by members of the party and highest roll wins. This has led to unwanted friction during the loot process, so we are working to build an efficient process that removes this type of negative player experience and potentially harmful behaviors. In order to achieve this, we will be removing the Master Loot system to bring us closer to what we are calling the Personal Loot system.

This means that gear you get will go directly into your inventory. No more rolling, no more choosing who wins items. Part of our modernization efforts include improving the loot experience for all players. We know there are groups who used the Master Loot system to distribute gear. We want to reassure you that with these changes gear will still remain tradeable within your group for 2 hours and chat logs will still record who gear was given to.

We took a first step towards Personal Loot during the Onslaught expansion where gear was given based on your discipline. This has worked well, promoted a healthy player experience, and we want to continue building upon this system. Patch 6.3.2 will be the next step along that path as we move towards our 10th anniversary.

6.3.2 is currently targeted for end of the month/early September.
I simply wanted to say "THANK YOU!!!!!!" Holy smokes - thank you, thank you, thank you. Having seen games played with this (i.e. group starts with round robin then the leader drops and 2nd is master loot, grabs everything and logs out right then and there), I support this change. Look forward to more changes like this for player equability.
Do you like free stuff? I like free stuff.

Click here and we both can get free stuff! (link is for referral)

Wolvel
09.14.2021 , 09:27 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Blakinik View Post
I simply wanted to say "THANK YOU!!!!!!" Holy smokes - thank you, thank you, thank you. Having seen games played with this (i.e. group starts with round robin then the leader drops and 2nd is master loot, grabs everything and logs out right then and there), I support this change. Look forward to more changes like this for player equability.
So just make it so loot cant change mid fight? You didnt have to remove need/greed/pass to do that.

Stellalunacat
09.15.2021 , 03:03 AM | #128
Never had any issues with the need and greed system.
You could just have made it so it can't be switched to master loot mid fight or that everyone had to vote and agree if the loot system got switched. Or just remove master loot but keep the need and greed system.

Often loot now goes to someone who doesn't even need it or they don't even notice that they got something.
Before ppl could just greed or pass on things they had no use for, now everone has to check their inv and trade to those who do need the item. In pug groups ppl are just not gonna even bother and rather vendor gear. Already heard complains cause someone took like 5sec to trade me an item.

Highlight so far was when one person got 2 brontes wings in 16m nim DF. Was a guildy so we rolled and she did trade 2nd pair, but still working as intended?

Sixxelaa
09.17.2021 , 08:26 AM | #129
Honestly I understand why these changes were made and to a certain point I agree. However I think you did it wrongly. How is it more fair that someone gets all the barnacles or all the wings in a 16m or all the masks when defeating dreadtooth ? (I got 2 masks when I actually didnít need them at all...). So now peopleís inventories fill with stuff they donít necessarily need and it just really annoying. Why didnít you make it so that it canít be changed to master loot when entering an instanced area ? Then the issue would be solved while also keeping the need/Greed/pass system that was just so nice before. Now I canít even pass for stuff I donít need.

kaymedic
Yesterday , 07:51 AM | #130
This new system is okay I think. In our guild we allways took greed in operations out of lazyness. So nothing will change there for us. You can still trade afterwards.

Whats really bad is that you do not see what was rolled after a boss fight. There should be at least some window for gear and deco. (I don't care for the mats at all anymore.).

Yes you can scroll up but this should be implemented asap.

And whats really really bad is that you do not see (also not in the chat) who got the legendary OP mats (OEM). A nightmare for nightmare groups