Update on Nightmare Loot Changes

EricMusco

And do you realize that certain Nightmare ops are easier than others?

For instance KP Nim isn't any where near as hard as TOS Nim.

Well well, I hope you realise that EV and KP nim were both removed with 4.0 and there has never even been a TOS NIM despite us wanting one for the past 11 months since we cleared HM TOS back in Feb 2015.

Random plebs posting random misinformed info .... priceless

Edited by Loki_

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on second thought.

Eric i ll let you know that there is absolutely no point in doing this. Only Provectus And Not Good Enough remains of the once wast hardcore raiding community. With these changes you wont bring back all those that bleed and left.

Just focus on your damn story and let this game die already so we can get the next one.

Edited by Xcurtx

Development time? What development time? All you have to do is Change the gear Input script from 220 to 224 then to be safe go in and test it, if you can't clear NIM in your own game then just edit things to make it easy to test. I would love to see the devs field a team, roll on a server create a guild and start raiding with us, that's the best way to understand why 95% of your NIM Raiders quit

You are assuming there are 8 people that work there to test it... :rolleyes:

I must say "THANK YOU" and it's about time.

I'm sorry, but you guys screwed the pooch on this decision and as many have mentioned was sort of the final straw for a LOT of players waiting to raid harder content. Okay that and lack of new operations for another year I mean.

Wish your DEV team could learn how to pull head outta rear end a tad quicker in the future. You guys need all the good PR you can get at this point in time.

SUGGESTIONS:

Next round of TIER upgrades (As I'm sure "OPS Content" = Scaled old ops)...

• REMOVE EV & KP from the Targeted Operations. (IE: No 224 gear)
  • Change up NIM & Targeted OPS to have a sliding scale for DECO's and MOUNT drops across all BOSSES. Like: 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% on five bosses fights (Can for S&V).

I could have sworn last summer I read we would see "NEW MOUNTS" and "NEW DECO's" in our operations more. Not a whole lot in RAV/ToS and NIM Raids seem to have changed.

SUGGESTIONS:

• Change up NIM & Targeted OPS to have a sliding scale for DECO's and MOUNT drops across all BOSSES. Like: 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% on five bosses fights (Can for S&V).

I could have sworn last summer I read we would see "NEW MOUNTS" and "NEW DECO's" in our operations more. Not a whole lot in RAV/ToS and NIM Raids seem to have changed.

partially agree with what you say, but i would like to see this more:

• Remove All Repair costs for PVE content (why should only a PVE-er who actually does stuff be punished with credits, you dont punish GSF PvP RPvP with repair costs. Either all should pay for repairs or none should)
  • Nim Gear should be a seperate category and always be best in the game and can only be acquired in Nim Raids (Cos lets face it this requires the most effort out of all the things you do in this game)
  • Proper Mods And enhancements and offpiece drops in Nim operations (This is important as they allow tanks to try different variations of gear, as the current system was broke with 4.0 Tanks are no viable with Defense.)
  • I don't honestly care about decos and vanity but it was promised by EAware you were right about that.
  • New ops.....

TL;DR: Thanks for finally fixing this. Include 224 MK-2 random drops for Nightmare content in 4.2 and fix stats on tanking gear.

Obviously the decision to implement a priority hardmode operation with 224 gear drops has anyone that is semi-capable of at least being carried through undermannable content fully geared in 224.

The omission of 224 gear drops from Nightmare Operations has just led to raiding teams being devided between gearing characters through endless spamming of the priority operations (or falling behind in the gearing race) versus doing some challenging Nightmare content for no other reason than the "challenge". "Challenge" as most raiding guilds have already cleared the current Nightmare content - a lot even on the appropriate level. It's not really progression if you have already done it. You left us with no common goals.

Most raiding guilds are as a result of this either disbanded entirely or seeing long-time members fleeing to avoid being bored to death. A lot of efforts on behalf of guildmasters and raid leaders gone wasted due to poor design decisions.

Looking ahead, I appreciate that you finally came to your senses regarding this. I do however encourage that you take the following into consideration for 4.2:

- Include 224 MK-2 drops as random drops from Nightmare content (including earpieces and implants).

- Redesign tanking gear to include the Shield/Absorb combination as current tanking gear is useless.

- Have 224 token gear for tanks include B-mods instead of non-lettered mods as B-Mods are clearly BiS for tanks.

- Mastery is a useless stat for tanks. Either make it do something usefull - like contribute to your Armor Reduction or mitigation stats - or make it less dominant in tanking gear. We want Shield, Absorb, Endurance and Defense.

A "BiS" 224 geared Assassin/Shadow tank will get one-shot regularly on several fights with no means to mitigate this. Increase the Endurance stat pool from BiS gear at the expense of Mastery. Please! Even some dps classes have better survivability.

[*] Nim Gear should be a seperate category and always be best in the game and can only be acquired in Nim Raids (Cos lets face it this requires the most effort out of all the things you do in this game)

Do you realize that there will no longer be no nightmare modes of new operations added to the game don't you? That bioware have basically ceased development of the entire difficulty level and at most will only provide HM ops with a two tier difficulty like Rav or ToS rather than an additional higher difficulty?

So congrats all, you all got them to put development time into content that was pretty much shelved. Meanwhile we still wait for new operations or other content, the "220/224 in HM/NiM only" attitude has also killed the possibility of the eternal championship providing some sort of new challenge outside of raiding for hardcore players to grind through until new ops are released.

Disclaimer, I'm not saying ops like EV/KP HM should drop higher tier gear than any of the 5 NiM's or that any other content should replace raiding. I'm saying their priority shouldn't be going back and tweaking old ops now just because a few chuck their toys out of the pram about what loot they drop. What should be the focus now is new operations or if not some new content to fill that gap that's worth doing not rehashing rehashed ops.

Whether an old op drops 224 or 220 probably won't make as much a difference as most think in this thread, a lot of players are probably bored of them by now and yearning for something new or already in full 224 and don't actually require the gear they are campaigning to have drop.

Do you realize that there will no longer be no nightmare modes of new operations added to the game don't you? That bioware have basically ceased development of the entire difficulty level and at most will only provide HM ops with a two tier difficulty like Rav or ToS rather than an additional higher difficulty?

So congrats all, you all got them to put development time into content that was pretty much shelved. Meanwhile we still wait for new operations or other content, the "220/224 in HM/NiM only" attitude has also killed the possibility of the eternal championship providing some sort of new challenge outside of raiding for hardcore players to grind through until new ops are released.

Disclaimer, I'm not saying ops like EV/KP HM should drop higher tier gear than any of the 5 NiM's or that any other content should replace raiding. I'm saying their priority shouldn't be going back and tweaking old ops now just because a few chuck their toys out of the pram about what loot they drop. What should be the focus now is new operations or if not some new content to fill that gap that's worth doing not rehashing rehashed ops.

Whether an old op drops 224 or 220 probably won't make as much a difference as most think in this thread, a lot of players are probably bored of them by now and yearning for something new or already in full 224 and don't actually require the gear they are campaigning to have drop.

you are deluding your self if you think changing loot drops on bosses takes more than half an hour. Anyone with basic coding knowledge can tell you it is less than altering 10 lines in the code. So we are not taking up ANY development time of asking something that should have been default.

As for Eternal Championship - you do realize this has to be tuned so that the worst player to ever play this game can also complete it. As it is solo content, and they cannot get help for it. It has been said that its you and your companion. So said 'hardcore solo players' (typing this down made me giggle like a schoolgirl) will be done with this in an hour give or take and be bored again.

With this i fully agree. Which is why i suggested that nim should grant a higher tier than 224, at least that will keep us busy.

you are deluding your self if you think changing loot drops on bosses takes more than half an hour. Anyone with basic coding knowledge can tell you it is less than altering 10 lines in the code. So we are not taking up ANY development time of asking something that should have been default.

Anyone with basic coding experience would know that changing just one line of code might end up breaking the 50,000 lines that are dependent on something from that one line. Hence that's how the majority of software bugs are formed especially in a large game like this where it's had over the course of time hundreds of different people with access to the source code all making their own little contributions which someone else might overlook and end up breaking.

That leads to stringent debugging and QA testing which might not be as simple as it sounds and more like looking for 50,000 needles in a big haystack and they still might end up missing some of those needles.

That's why development takes time even if it is 10 lines of code.

As for Eternal Championship - you do realize this has to be tuned so that the worst player to ever play this game can also complete it. As it is solo content, and they cannot get help for it. It has been said that its you and your companion. So said 'hardcore solo players' (typing this down made me giggle like a schoolgirl) will be done with this in an hour give or take and be bored again.

Of course there could be hardcore solo content added to the game, other MMO's have done it:

Why can't this?

With this i fully agree. Which is why i suggested that nim should grant a higher tier than 224, at least that will keep us busy.

But that's like beating a dead horse, and bioware going back and tweaking loot drops is like them joining all of you in beating the dead horse that's already been beaten.

What is needed is not more loot in old content but new content. We need new ops not a carrot on a stick to grind older ones. It doesn't matter if NiM drops 3000 rating gear most will probably complain a month later that they're bored and will end up unsubbing anyway.

There's already been enough focus on old content by buffing it up to 65, lets not have more please.

Of course there could be hardcore solo content added to the game, other MMO's have done it:

Why can't this?

The reason behind that is that the playerbase that is currently left in game would be simply incapable of completing something challenging.

Does 'people whining about nerfing companions' or 'people whining about them not being able to do sm ops' ring a bell for you?

The reason behind that is that the playerbase that is currently left in game would be simply incapable of completing something challenging.

Does 'people whining about nerfing companions' or 'people whining about them not being able to do sm ops' ring a bell for you?

If that's the case then why you even ask for better incentives for NiM at all if you think the majority of the playerbase are incapable of doing even the simplest of content?

It seems to me that difficulty isn't the real reason why you think content like this couldn't exist in the game.

If that's the case then why you even ask for better incentives for NiM at all if you think the majority of the playerbase are incapable of doing even the simplest of content?

It seems to me that difficulty isn't the real reason why you think content like this couldn't exist in the game.

no its pretty much the real reason imo.

As for better incentives for nim - we care about nim operations but however much we care about them at the end of the day you will keep asking your self - was it worth it? I mean for the past 4 months we've been doing nim and got nothing out of it spent millions and millions of credits for repair got no gear no vanity nothing that we already didn't have. We did this regardless of no incentive cos we do care about nim ops in general. However question comes again was it worth it? After a while like you just don't want to do it for nothing. 224 gear that they are promising us 5 months later is not incentive enough (i personally had all 3 tanks and 2 dps classes BIS 224 3 weeks into the expansion - HLHM + cheesing lockouts. Thats how easy it is to gear with this stupid highlighted shyte)

SUGGESTIONS:

Why remove EV/KP? The players who NEED better gear to do better, NEED those Ops to stay interested in Ops altogether. Let them have their freebie.

Hey folks,

Recently, we announced that starting in Game Update 4.1, only the final boss in each Nightmare Operation would have a 100% chance to drop 224 gear. The dev team has been very actively following all of the feedback that you in the community have been posting regarding this change. With that in mind, they are making one additional change… Starting in Game Update 4.2 all bosses in Nightmare Operations will drop 224 rating gear.

We saw a lot of feedback over the past few weeks where many of you felt strongly that Nightmare should be a guaranteed source for the best gear, even if that means the priority HM was equivalent. The reason that we did not make it this way initially is we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly. However, if a group of players is skilled enough to run through multiple Nightmare Operations in a single week, we should reward that appropriately.

Again, just to remind you of the current timeline for these changes:

• Game Update 4.1 (Chapter X) – The final boss of each NiM Operation is guaranteed to drop 224. All other NiM bosses have a chance for 224.
  • Game Update 4.2 (Chapter XI) – All bosses in each NiM Operations are guaranteed to drop 224.

The only reason we are not making all changes for 4.1 is the development time required to implement and test these changes. We want to make sure we get these changes implemented and working properly, and unfortunately we cannot complete all of this in time for 4.1.

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback.

-eric

Awesome news. Thank you for this change.

gear doesn't make you better simple as that

Arguably it does though, through increased stats and bonuses. Level 50 gear is not even close to 224 gear.

The players who are on the cusp of being capable of doing Ops, can and do benefit from better gear...the top tier players, not so much, which is why I don't give a flip if 224 gear drops from EV/KP. The top tier players don't need it for anything, but those who aren't great, do benefit from better gear.

Arguably it does though, through increased stats and bonuses. Level 50 gear is not even close to 224 gear.

The players who are on the cusp of being capable of doing Ops, can and do benefit from better gear...the top tier players, not so much, which is why I don't give a flip if 224 gear drops from EV/KP. The top tier players don't need it for anything, but those who aren't great, do benefit from better gear.

a flawed rotation and not understanding your class... no matter what gear you put on a person like that it wont change a single thing.

I can outdps any 224 pleb in my 198 gear because of that simple fact.

Why remove EV/KP? The players who NEED better gear to do better, NEED those Ops to stay interested in Ops altogether. Let them have their freebie.

How about they just learn to get better and earn the gear? If they can't they have story mode, or they can settle for 220s from HM EV/KP. They're practically SM difficulty to begin with, so there's their leg up into actual HM ops.

The same argument can be used to justify giving 224s just for logging into the game or completing KotFE story.

And yes, there is a real reason to have better gear gated behind harder content, instead of handing it out like candy just because it could be useful for lower skilled players. It's an incentive and creates a system of progression.