Is Sniper Still OP?

_Napalm_Death

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't say it's OP. Sniper is definitely one of the harder classes to use well in PVP. However for PVE sniper does very high damage from far away and with great AOEs. Snipers can clear trash mobs much faster than most other classes.

• 3 months later...

Its not 'op' it used the be extremly overtuned in pvp but that got nerfed somewhat recently.

IMO its still the most powerfull ranged class if you can play it,

its only slightly harder then sorc but quite worth the investment, the only other classes that can match in pve are mele's and in pvp it can't realy say as since they got there nerf and can't 3 shot some one , allot of those players moved over to sin and operative. so no not OP but still extremly strong prolly only behind operative sin and mara in power

• 1 month later...
Hey so i finished the inquisitor story, so i'm thinking of the agent now, i hear a lot of people recommending the Sniper, is the sniper still as op as everyone says?

I'm not sure the sniper is op, but it's definitely my favorite toon. I mean once you get a good rotation for abilities, Its a breeze. I don't know what people mean when they say it's hard.

It's actually quite a well-rounded class now. Not completely out of whack like operatives, but also not with glaring holes in it like (dps) sorcerers. The sniper has tools for pretty much every situation and is pretty good at soloing tough encounters in spite of not being able to heal or tank.