Vaiken Spacedock Stronghold Question.... So if I buy it but then...?

Kass

If I buy it and then transfer servers (since Galactic Seasons Tokens are server bound), does it unlock on the new server so I can purchase it for Zero tokens? (Just like normal strongholds if you transfer on the new server they are zero credits when you try to reclaim them)

Or is it going to cost 8 Galactic Season Tokens, despite having just purchased it on the previous server?

Edited by Kass

From what I read you need to buy the deed on the other server but not claim it. Transfer the character with the deed, then claim it on your main server.

This is just from memory, maybe someone else can confirm it.

Edited by Mongorr

If I buy it and then transfer servers (since Galactic Seasons Tokens are server bound), does it unlock on the new server so I can purchase it for Zero tokens? (Just like normal strongholds if you transfer on the new server they are zero credits when you try to reclaim them)

Or is it going to cost 8 Galactic Season Tokens, despite having just purchased it on the previous server?

I tried that trick. Very ticked off to find out that doesn't work. The fleet penthouse does NOT transfer with a legacy nor does your Galactic Seasons progress.

Edited by xordevoreaux

From what I read you need to buy the deed on the other server but not claim it. Transfer the character with the deed, then claim it on your main server.

This is just from memory, maybe someone else can confirm it.

This is the way.

I tried that trick. Very ticked off to find out that doesn't work. The fleet penthouse does NOT transfer with a legacy nor does your Galactic Seasons progress.

That is total #@$@#$!@! :d_mad:

Looks like you have to transfer the physical deed over to the server via server transfer then, which might mean more cartel coins once you include the transfer fee, than simply eat paying for the lost progress on the new server.

While I can appreciate that there might be #reasons why the Devs server bound Galactic Seasons - but this BS is really short sighted and reeks of an underbaked system concept.

Bioware EA you're literally punishing players for paying you to transfer servers - it's nonsensical. :d_confused:

From SWTOR Customer Support:

Thanks for your reply.

Provided that these Vaiken Space Dock and Carrick station strongholds are from Galactic Season event, and are acquired like regular strongholds, purchasing them will only be for the server they have been purchased, and that is intended to be so.

This is regardless of your past experience with transferring characters, or past account wide stronghold unlocks, as they are from regular game play and not specific event.

The same mechanic applies to G.S decorations earned on a specific server and therefore destined to respective server based decoration list.

You may suggest a change in that game mechanic directly to our development Team, if you are unhappy with them http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

The provided link above is the most efficient to ensure it reaches the right audience as our Customer Support Teams are not actively engaged in game development.

Occasionnally, the best suggestions are taken on board by the developpers and they are translated into changes within the game.

I remain close by for any other concern you may have.

So working as intended - Translation: EA Executives interfering in Bioware decisions?

Update:

Asked 2 very specific follow up questions and I can confirm from Customer Service:

A) The 'Spacedock Apartment' Deed(s) are "items" that deposit into your inventory

B) As such, any item in your inventory when you sever transfer goes with you.

However, I also learned that irrespective of this confirmation as to how to possibly deal with Galactic Season Tokens on 1 server when transferring to another server, that an account has a CAP of 15 Tokens across ALL servers!

So just wanted to add that to this thread.

However, I also learned that irrespective of this confirmation as to how to possibly deal with Galactic Season Tokens on 1 server when transferring to another server, that an account has a CAP of 15 Tokens across ALL servers!

This is incorrect. Galactic Season tokens are just like any other legacy currency. Your cap is per legacy, meaning per server. On my main account I have 10 tokens each on Star Forge and Satele Shan, 8 on Darth Malgus, 2 on Leviathan, and 1 on Tulak Hord for a total of 31 across my entire account. Further, just like with any other legacy currency, as well as the legacy cargo hold, they do not transfer with a character transfer.

But yes, it has been confirmed that if you purchase a fleet apartment deed but do not claim the deed you can transfer the character with the deed in their inventory to a different server. Then if you claim the deed on that character's new server you can unlock both fleet apartments on the same server.

This is incorrect. Galactic Season tokens are just like any other legacy currency. Your cap is per legacy, meaning per server. On my main account I have 10 tokens each on Star Forge and Satele Shan, 8 on Darth Malgus, 2 on Leviathan, and 1 on Tulak Hord for a total of 31 across my entire account. Further, just like with any other legacy currency, as well as the legacy cargo hold, they do not transfer with a character transfer.

But yes, it has been confirmed that if you purchase a fleet apartment deed but do not claim the deed you can transfer the character with the deed in their inventory to a different server. Then if you claim the deed on that character's new server you can unlock both fleet apartments on the same server.

Here's what they sent me:

Hi Kass,

I am [Redacted so I don't in trouble with the Mods], from the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service Team

Thanks for your reply.

It is possible to get the deed transfered with a character.

I don't see the point though, since you can get only one deed. You should be able to purchase it from the right server straight away.

As mentionned in my last reply, you can only have one due to the fact that it costs 8 tokens, and you are allowed only15 all accross servers.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game.

Click on Request Help or press Ctrl and / to open your case history.

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the survey which will help us to continually improve our support!

Survey Link

Thank you,

[Redacted so I don't in trouble with the Mods]

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

So don't look at me... I thought the same thing. So I was surprised when that came from Customer Service.

In a few days I'll have 13 Tokens on Star Forge and still have 3 left over on Satel Shan. So if it caps me, or it doesn't I'll repost here with an update.

It might have worked at the beginning but it wouldn't be the first time that BW fixed that so it wouldn't work especially if they really want people to have one deed per season. It wouldn't suprise me.

UPDATE:

Okay so I can confirm there is not a hard cap cumulative limit of 15 -

I think what they are saying is that you can not hold more than 15 Galactic Seasons Tokens at anyone one time across all servers (assuming Customer Service is correct)?

So if you spend the Tokens as you accumulate more, then you've obtained more than 15 in totality, but not more than the 15 at one time across all servers limit.

Hope someone can help me confirm this ^ ?

Also I did purchase the remaining tokens to add to the 3 I had on the old server that I was missing to make a total of 8 Galactic Season Tokens - I then purchased the Deed for the Vaiken Spacedock, put it on a character I was going to transfer, and ported it to the new server successfully!

FYI there is a 2 hour refund lock on the deed that you have to let clear before you can place it in your Legacy Bank and transfer it to another character (if you need to place with an Imperial Character) -- I transferred a Republic Faction character, so I will need to transfer it via Legacy Bank.

Edited by Kass

UPDATE:

Okay so I can confirm there is not a hard cap cumulative limit of 15 -

I think what they are saying is that you can not hold more than 15 Galactic Seasons Tokens at anyone one time across all servers (assuming Customer Service is correct)?

So if you spend the Tokens as you accumulate more, then you've obtained more than 15 in totality, but not more than the 15 at one time across all servers limit.

Hope someone can help me confirm this ^ ?

The CS agent was just wrong about the GS tokens. There is no account cap or account wide limit on how many one can hold at one time (save for the cumulative cap of 75, which is 15*5). I currently have 12 on Star Forge and 11 on Satele Shan. When I collected the 12'th token on SF I received a message that I was nearing the cap of 15 tokens, but that is a per legacy (per server) limit, not across your entire account. You can absolutely hold more than 15 tokens at any one time across your entire account. At this moment my main account has, cumulatively across all five servers, 27 GS tokens and my alt account has 24 GS tokens.

Edited by ceryxp

The CS agent was just wrong about the GS tokens. There is no account cap or account wide limit on how many one can hold at one time (save for the cumulative cap of 75, which is 15*5). I currently have 12 on Star Forge and 11 on Satele Shan. When I collected the 12'th token on SF I received a message that I was nearing the cap of 15 tokens, but that is a per legacy (per server) limit, not across your entire account. You can absolutely hold more than 15 tokens at any one time across your entire account. At this moment my main account has, cumulatively across all five servers, 27 GS tokens and my alt account has 24 GS tokens.

Thank you for posting this. I hope Community Relations Team can get a message to Customer Service to prevent miss informing customers.