Yay, Force Apparitions are always Jedi

xordevoreaux

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-sith-force-ghosts-spirits-canon/

The above follows more along with my personal idea contrasting Sith versus Jedi. Sith can hedge against death, and live a long time, but Jedi overcome it, and canon says Sith metaphysical manifestations are not Force-related.

Not how SWTOR runs at all, given the Emperor's story line, but oh well.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware, there never has been a truly definitive answer to this

In TCW, it was Yoda's assertion that Bane could only be an illusion (which he proved correct on in that case)

The article linked also makes the assertion that these wraiths were in fact spirits, and not just manifestations of Palpatine's will and control

Neither of these are actually definitely stated as true as far as I'm aware. They are opinions (both in and out of universe)

So while it does seem likely, the door is still open for new lore to turn this assumption on it's head.

To me, I will stick with my assertion that Force ghosts can be Sith - the difference being that they are either bound to their tomb or their place of death (like the light-side Lord in the Dark Temple) - except if they are "bound" like the Inquisitor does.

Vitiate/Tenebrae/Valkorian is different because he is a force essence, not a real "ghost" - he didn't die until we finally (I DEARLY HOPE by all the power of both the Dark and the Light side) kill his spirit in Echoes of Oblivion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Darth Marr and Kalatosh Zavros.. if i remember well, Ashara's ancestor wasn't exactly a Jedi.. or he was a fallen one

Kalatosh was a full fledged Jedi Master before falling to the dark side and joining Revan and Malak's Empire

Not that it really matters. This is all legends whereas the whole "only light siders can be ghosts" is a canon thing.

• 2 weeks later...