• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Originally Posted by Boomsyn

ONE MORE TO GO?

Bioware, please call Trion for tips on how to do an early release properly. What a complete failure."

Saw that quoted by someone and didn't feel like searching the pages to do the same properly. Rift had a good early release? LMAO! They're early access was likely the inspiration for Bioware letting people in a group at a time. Trion opened the flood gates and had 5+ hour server ques, lag from hell and a bunch of people getting booted from servers left right and center. It was unplayable until they scrambled up some emergency servers. They were utterly unprepared for the tumult that wrecked their previous expectations. RIFT's early access was painful and I was one of the lucky ones who waited for a new server rather than brave the 5-6k+ sever lines.

SWTOR is a hundred times better than RIFT, and that's my opinion as a fan of RIFT, and the way they're handling early access is phenomenal and extremely responsible. It's also a hell of a lot more effort and preparation than Trion put in. Here's hoping the people in game don't have reason to complain as much as some of the people on these forums. :p

Seriously? it's only going to be 4 Waves today. I expected more and over here if you Pre-Order the Game you won't get it any Cheaper when you pick it up. You pay the same Price as anyone else that didn't Pre-Order only diffrence is that you have a copy reserved. I hope i get invited today or atleast tommorow or else i'm gonna cancel my Pre-Order and get my 10€ back since i could use that Money to purchase the Game instead of making sure it's reserved and still having to pay the full Price like everyone else that didn't Pre-Order. Thought it was worth Pre-Ordering because of the early Access but if that's not the case it isn't.

You sound like you were sheltered and spoiled as a child. Fing Grow up and you will not cancel, we all know it.

I think it would be a nice idea to give some sort of information where everyone stands.

like, how many players are in front of you in line?

how many players are invited per wave?

in which wave will someone be?

it would help to ease the waiting time and give some comfort.

cheers

I agree that they should do it 24/7 its not like its a beta test anymore. A lot of serious gamers are waiting and they took their days off. I wont even mention the unfair time advantige :/

If they stop invites till tommorow 12h later or something i will be really pissed ! This is the most crucial time for them. No one cares about 20th. Its now !

I have off til the 20th lol.

LOL, we all knew this was going to happen today. Why are people complaining about not being in yet. There were a large number of people that preordered right away or in July even. I KNEW I wouldn't be in today, as I didn't preorder until September.

What's pissing some of us off is that we should have been in the first waves as we ordered on 21st, but due to a ****-up/miscommunication we didn't get our EGA codes until several days later.

Bioware initially said that the delay wouldn't matter, but it has.

How are there literally hundreds (thousands?) of people that don't get it ....

Pre-ordering didn't cost an "additional" $5. It was a $5 deposit that was put toward the purchase of the game. Nobody is out anything; everyone spent the same amount of money for each individual version as everyone else.

If you preorder through Origin, it is literally an additional £5 (I'm in the UK)

http://buy.swtor.com/uk/

Note the part that says "Includes Origin £5 Pre-Order Fee"

Given that I could pick up this game on the 20th from ASDA down the road for £35 it's actually £10 I'm paying extra for the sake of this preorder.

Note: I'm not particularly fussed, I only came to this forum to see if there were any indication of when I can expect availability, but I noticed your post and thought I could be helpful :)

ugg, completely forgot to enter in code when i bought it, instead I waited until about 2 weeks ago.

/facepalm

Same thing happened to me, I preordered on 7/21 but forgot to redeem the code untill last week, I FEEL YOUR PAIN

when is fourth wave ?

if you follow on face book they are mentioning the wave releases. problem is they said "The third wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent, one more to go" one more togo :( i hope im reading that wrong or taking it the wrong way