noob question about gsf

KumbayaGOD

been playing gsf as late because of tech fragments

some question

1. if you play gun ship and you aim at the enemy ship , do you charge all the way to full before blasting or just blast them maybe at half power since most of the time before i even finish charging the enemy went away

2. how to place an way point on the game , i saw sometime people put a gateway to make it faster to the tower A to have faster respawn

thanks

If you see enemy going behing cover - better to hit with half charge than miss with full charge.

You can switch targets without stopping the charge though. Also, you don't have to select a target - just shoot into the middle of the small rectangle of not-targeted enemy.

So couple things, as I've slowly been getting better at SF, hopefully I can help out a bit.

Gunship for me was the hardest to learn because I like mobility. I need mobility to play, and I couldn't wrap my head around not having it. It's like changing to a gunslinger / sniper, but with much fewer mobility options, and enemies who can attack you from all sides including up & down. What I've learned so far.

1) Always try to stay near a group, so you're never alone and out of position, or you're going to get destroyed. 2) If mouse around a bit, you can see the distance a target is from you. Let's say you see 3 red boxes. Mousing around a bit can show target 1 is 23000 meters from you, target 2 is 21000 meters from you and target 3 is 26000 meters from you. However target 3 is closing in fast, while the other targets are either moving slower or turning away from you. It's at that point I start charging as I see target 3 will soon be in range. Usually this works, but if target 3 stops short of my 15000 range, I can scout to see if there are other viable targets available. Also another tip is that if you push E, the target you're mousing over will be focused for you, which I find incredibly helpful.

The circle on your screen has red arrows, that indicates enemy players (and the A, B & C capture points as well in domination matches). You can always check to see if any of the other enemy players have moved into range, by rotating your ship towards some of these arrows. If nothing is available, let loose the shot and reposition a bit. In fact I would say that you should reposition fairly often, as staying in one place for to long, can get you hunted down pretty quickly.

2) In regards to who can drop a hyperspace beacon. For the republic, the Rampart Mark Four has a hyperspace beacon in the engine section, and for the Empire it's the M-7 Razorwire.

Edited by Setta

While playing a character, you can switch targets using the Tab key, is there anyway to change your target in GSF? It really is annoying that I can't switch to a closer target to get the targeting computer to help.

While playing a character, you can switch targets using the Tab key, is there anyway to change your target in GSF? It really is annoying that I can't switch to a closer target to get the targeting computer to help.

You can switch all targets with tab, or E to the one you focus.

• 2 weeks later...