Stasie's Galactic Starfighter Guide (Ships, Components, Crew, Tips)

TrinityLyre

GSF is absolutely popping these days, Galactic Seasons and some of the pre-expansion hype (possibly combined with WoW's latest patch being mediocre, who knows) have created a ton of games. This is an amazing time to learn GSF, or come back and play it all over again.

GSF is absolutely popping these days, Galactic Seasons and some of the pre-expansion hype (possibly combined with WoW's latest patch being mediocre, who knows) have created a ton of games. This is an amazing time to learn GSF, or come back and play it all over again.

It's a combination of CQ points and GS. I think most of the wow players have gone to FF14 though, judging by a lot of the posts on the wow and FF14 forums, plus FF14 has just taken over as the no1 (supposedly) MMO.

• 5 months later...
honestly GSF isn't worth playing atm, they force you to do them with the daily and weekly stuff for the season tokens. but theres no real incentive to try. just get the points. get the token points. move on. there's no reason to play otherwise imo... and before you argue, that's my opinion, not fact. kudos to those who enjoy it without cheating.

No one forces you to do anything.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Are Pods still superior to Clusters on a T2 Scout in 7.0? I run Lights/Pods on a T1 Scout and double Speed for Jousting, and Bursts/Clusters with double Turning for dogfighting, but I'm wondering if Pods pair better with BLC's at close range, especially if I'm running Wingman. Edited by Loadsamonie

• 1 year later...

Cause this came up in a thread likely to get admin-deleted, and it's probably still useful for some people:

Basic diagram of how to shoot people with a gunship in a way that they can't shoot back.   Note, there are terrain elements in some of the GSF maps where you can use gunship strafe movement to slide into nooks where pretty much only your railgun sticks out of cover.   Also like a lot of older game engines HERO defines collision surfaces with normal vectors of polygons in object meshes.   Which means if mapmakers are lazy or careless you can get terrain surfaces where you can shoot through in one direction, but not in the other because from one side you are "inside" what is supposed to be a closed solid.   There are a few such places in some of the GSF maps, and if you know where they are you can exploit them a bit against people that don't know the map well enough to fly around the incomplete surface and shoot you from the other side.   It's unsporting perhaps, but the blame there lies primarily with the terrain making team at Bioware who has probably never made an environment in SWTOR (that I know of) without some stupid terrain glitch that's just a byproduct of not paying attention to detail.

GunshipLoSpic.png

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Verain said:

For a second I thought it was finally restickied!

lol  yeah i had already screenshot'd  @Ramalina 's  excellent post  just in case for the future. :csw_falcon:

p.s.  Would be so cool if  we could design our own GSF maps , for group/guild challenge matchs & training & such.   Oh well,  still zero forethought nor attention from Broadsword at all for  SPACE unfortunately. :(

Edited by Nee-Elder

I mean, I don't think Broadsword is gonna change much- definitely I wouldn't expect an editor mode, though that would be great- but if they ARE gonna change something, I would definitely assume (and hope) that it would be after they had many months to study it and have an informed opinion.  Last thing I'd want to see is a company that normally takes time to analyze to just start screwing with stuff.

Unless it's to fix the hyperlink bug.  Remember when we could link our GSF stats into chat, instead of the "link to chat" button doing absolutely nothing?  Man, heady times, those.

• Like 1