GSF XP Bug or intentional?

Phenxest

Ever since 7.0 GSF no longer seems to be giving hardly any XP at all with EVERY match since then granting 2000 XP or less no matter if I have the most medals or not. At first I assumed that this was a bug but since 7.01 released and didn't address it and I don't see too many people talking about this, is this actually an intentional change or is it as I sincerely hope, a bug?

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed this only happens in certain levels. 1-49 XP seems fine, as does 51-75 XP.

At 50, and 76-79 XP doesn't work like it does for the rest of the levels.

Level 50 you gain XP, but it's significantly lower at that level for some reason, and at 76-79 you get a pitiful amount of XP usually it's roughly 1,000 (or less) experience per match.

• 1 month later...

I noticed today/yesterday, that I have been slower leveling. I may have to go back and read the notes again. I spend most of my time in GSF, but due to slower leveling, less time in GSF, and I'm normally way above the level I'm playing outside GSF. Until l I read this thread didn't think the xp was lowered in GSF, wasn't paying that much attention.

was absent for past six months, actually a week before 7 was to to go live, so things were a bit weird and really only scanned real quick over the notes

any ways thanks , I might not of figured it out, right away

When 7.0 dropped all conquest related XP was removed from the game. For GSF that was a lot of XP since you got extra xp for virtually every mission you flew. XP rewards for missions across the game were also reduced but not consistently.

ahhh, I was looking at it wrong, like I said just glanced, scanned for anything about GSF. Not conquest :o

and another thing I saw was the low reqs I was getting, I remembered getting more, . . then yesterday figured it out

the account I was playing on was FTP :(

guess my mind was else where and just didn't see what was in front of me

When 7.0 dropped all conquest related XP was removed from the game. For GSF that was a lot of XP since you got extra xp for virtually every mission you flew. XP rewards for missions across the game were also reduced but not consistently.

That explains why every toon I've made since 7.0 has been slow at levelling.

Does anyone know if this is the same reason rested xp barely works anymore? Or is that a different bug?

That explains why every toon I've made since 7.0 has been slow at levelling.

Does anyone know if this is the same reason rested xp barely works anymore? Or is that a different bug?

Rested XP or lack thereof is a bug. As is the XP we get from 76-79. There is no logical reason we'd get around 1k XP per match played. Do we lose some from conquest? Yes but at 75 we're getting 400k or so XP just from the matches themselves, so dropping it to 1,000ish per match makes no sense.