After Shadows of Revan, what can I safely skip?

Zhedzaban

I quit swtor several years ago as I was unhappy with the server merge but more so because I hated where the story went after Shadows of Revan. I've returned because I really miss playing the original class stories, and they are still as good as I remember.

My question is this, after SoR what can I safely skip to catch up to the current storyline (Onslaught?)? Are there certain stories I must play so the current story makes sense? From memory I played up to Umbara but I wasn't enjoying any of it. I missed being a dark council member or a smuggler and the whole Alliance thing made me miserable.

I know I'll lose companions, that's fine I can head cannon that away. But is everyone going to still call me that damned Outlander or Commander? Will it feel like Zakuul just never happened or will it feel like a disjointed mess?

You're not going to be able to pretend the Zakuul arc never happened at all. The Zakuulan characters will still be present. But they start to get significantly less focus during the next story arcs. The part of the story you are currently on serves as an explanation of how you get from the end of Kotet to the beginning of Onslaught.

That said, if you are on Umbara, you are basically only a couple missions away from Jedi Under Siege, which is the beginning of the Onslaught story arc anyway.

People don't call you Outlander outside of Zakuul, and you will still be called "Commander" for a while, but eventually you can choose to get people to mostly stop that.

As a general rule, I am not sure I would recommend skipping things, though. You might not like the automatic choices you are given. For example, I believe Republic characters are always assumed to have made LS decisions. If you want less Zakuulan characters around you might prefer to have killed or banished them.

You're not going to be able to pretend the Zakuul arc never happened at all. The Zakuulan characters will still be present. But they start to get significantly less focus during the next story arcs. The part of the story you are currently on serves as an explanation of how you get from the end of Kotet to the beginning of Onslaught.

That said, if you are on Umbara, you are basically only a couple missions away from Jedi Under Siege, which is the beginning of the Onslaught story arc anyway.

People don't call you Outlander outside of Zakuul, and you will still be called "Commander" for a while, but eventually you can choose to get people to mostly stop that.

As a general rule, I am not sure I would recommend skipping things, though. You might not like the automatic choices you are given. For example, I believe Republic characters are always assumed to have made LS decisions. If you want less Zakuulan characters around you might prefer to have killed or banished them.

Okay thanks!

I'm currently playing a new sith warrior, and my plan is to skip everything after Ziost. So if I go straight to Jedi Under Siege I'll have to assume all bad choices? Will Quinn be dead? Will I be empire or alliance? To be honest, neither skipping or playing those story arcs sound appealing....

I can't remember with exactly certainty, but I think if you do that Arcann, Senya, Koth, Torian, Scorpio, and (I think) Theron will be dead. I'm not sure about Quinn, it's possible he'll be alive. I'm pretty confident you'd get the "Rule the Galaxy" outcome. Although, if you romanced Vette or Quinn in the Class Story, their romances will not continue.

Keep in mind, auto-completing the story doesn't autocomplete most of the Alliance Alerts, so if there's characters you want back (Pierce or Broonmark, for instance) you will still have to do those.

Edited by OldVengeance

I can't remember with exactly certainty, but I think if you do that Arcann, Senya, Koth, Torian, Scorpio, and (I think) Theron will be dead. I'm not sure about Quinn, it's possible he'll be alive. I'm pretty confident you'd get the "Rule the Galaxy" outcome. Although, if you romanced Vette or Quinn in the Class Story, their romances will not continue.

Keep in mind, auto-completing the story doesn't autocomplete most of the Alliance Alerts, so if there's characters you want back (Pierce or Broonmark, for instance) you will still have to do those.

Since he's saying Sith Warrior, I think it's auto-side with the Empire on Iokath and Quinn lives because of how the game prioritises former companions over other characters. (I.E., Jedi/Republic characters and Warrior save Vette on Odessen, other Empire characters and Bounty Hunter rescue Torian).