Forum Avatars...

turbomagnus

Out of curiousity, how closely does everyone associate a forum poster with their avatar?

I've been considering changing mine, but was wondering if that would throw people off and leave them confused or even thinking I'm someone else...

The forum avatars are quite limited so honestly it is very likely people some might already confuse someone who has the same avatar, and even I never really bother check the actual name of forum posters so i dont even bother to distinguish who is who. Doesnt help that some avatar images like huts have many similar models that can add to the confusion.

Kinda wish we had custom avatars or maybe an avatar made from our ingame characters

Out of curiousity, how closely does everyone associate a forum poster with their avatar?

I've been considering changing mine, but was wondering if that would throw people off and leave them confused or even thinking I'm someone else...

I used to read the forums daily as a lurker for my earlier college years and got used to seeing the same names and same avatars to the point where it felt sweet to see the few times where someone swapped theirs and it was noticed (Thinking Reno, for example). Its rare, but it does feel like you're part of something when you can notice something so minor.

If you want to change, go for it. It can refresh the entertainment aspect or enhance your participation here, but I don't think it would throw anyone off that cares enough to notice that it changed.