PvP Revamp and 7.2

LukasLukasLukas

With 7.2 we have been promised to get a PvP revamp and since that, no further information have been provided to us - which doesn't make sence if they really intend to have a revamp :D

Due to lack of official information I guess the only option is to speculate about what it can be and what impact it will have both for regs and ranked.

My thought is that

1. Nothing will happen for regs except maybe some commendation/pvp tokens shenanigans

2. For Ranked - they will introduce rating style from CoD games or something like that and ELO will be working behind the scene for matchmaking

Also they will drop PvP gear with expertise in a form of Centurion crates from 1.x :rak_03:

We can expect the least amount possible done given how it has been so far.

So first it will be delayed by 4-6 months minimum. I highly doubt it will happen this year.

Second, I'm betting the only thing changing is adding mod-able gear back.

Third if they do add something it will be extremely minor. For instance a new pvp UI layout. Something that no one asked for.

Forth, it will cause a bunch of game breaking bugs that only half will get patched in 6 months.

Fifth, There will be essentially loot boxes added to pvp. They can be bought on the cartel market instead of grinding for pvp gear, the gear can be purchased thus providing another revenue stream. (Think Diablo Immortal).

Edited by TmoneyTime