Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light Side(Jedi Counsulor) is excruciatingly dull(possible spoilers).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Light Side(Jedi Counsulor) is excruciatingly dull(possible spoilers).

cheeseforme
05.12.2021 , 04:08 PM | #1
Light side has to be the dullest part of the this game I have experienced so far. Man, it feels horrifyingly lackluster, and im not trying to offend people or anything, I'm not trolling, just the way the story made me feel so far.

Where are the twists ? What makes this story unique from any other? Nothing about the quests has me sitting back in awe or in wonder or curiosity. Everything is predictable, dull, basic, lack of creativity. There is literally nothing that grabs my attention. It's your simple "go to x planet, shield x jedi", rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back. Who in their right mind wants to do this? There is literally no twists in the middle of all this, non, there is no mystery whatsoever. Man a middle school kid could have came up with a better story, seriously.... in middle school ive heard more captivating stories from essays, no joke.

What truly amazes me is that someone in charge actually said " yes this is final-product-content, lets release it".Guys, you are selling this product... how is this the final product? Please... -.-

Will i finish my lightside character? Absolutely not, I invested ton of credits on stuff like costumes/mounts/utility to make the gameplay funner but despite all of that, I just can't do it. Sorry Bioware.

Am I the only person who sort of but not really feels insulted by this? Maybe not insulted but annoyed a tad bit that this was sold to us? Come on...

Dont tell me you or anyone with a middle school education can't come up with something better. This is coming from a dude who is practically entertained by the sound of farts...

On a lighter note, dark side was much more entertaining, not KOTOR entertaining but at least I can get through the story.

MadDutchman
05.12.2021 , 04:32 PM | #2
...So start playing more dark? Don't need to throw your character out to do that.

Also if you only played Act 1 of the JC, yah, it's pretty linear. It does get a bit better later on.

Granted, you're basically playing the Jedi diplomat class. Hard to make that exciting.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

cheeseforme
05.12.2021 , 05:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
...So start playing more dark? Don't need to throw your character out to do that.

Also if you only played Act 1 of the JC, yah, it's pretty linear. It does get a bit better later on.

Granted, you're basically playing the Jedi diplomat class. Hard to make that exciting.
Not speaking about the alignment.

MadDutchman
05.12.2021 , 09:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cheeseforme View Post
Not speaking about the alignment.
My point stands, if you find playing a character a specific way boring, play a different way.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

ceryxp
05.12.2021 , 11:02 PM | #5
Where are the twists ? What makes [the Agent] story unique from any other? Nothing about the quests has me sitting back in awe or in wonder or curiosity. Everything is predictable, dull, basic, lack of creativity. There is literally nothing that grabs my attention. It's your simple "go to x planet, [stop y terrorist]", rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back.

Everyone has different tastes. Many people talk up the Agent story but I think it is dull and unoriginal. There is nothing unique about the Agent story. It is just one recycled spy cliche after another with a generic Bond villain for the Chapter 1 boss. But I love the Consular story. It is the Jedi story. Sure, the Knight is a Jedi, but it is the Anakin aggressively negotiating from planet to planet story whereas the Consular has themes of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Consular story delves into morality and ethics, more than once forcing the player to choose between doing what is expedient, or what is easiest for the Republic, versus doing what is right. The consequences are minor, that is true, but that is true of every single class story. The honest truth is that, although the class stories are good, they have the depth of a puddle.

Like the other class stories, the three parts of the Consular story are connected, but out of all the class stories the Consular is the only one with such dramatic shifts. The Consular goes from being a healer in their first act, to being a diplomat in their second, to forming their own army and leading the charge into battle in defense of the Republic in their third act. Many people say that the Knight is the "canonical" Outlander as the Fallen Empire story is the, allegedly, direct continuation of the Knight's story, but to me the Consular is the only one that makes sense as the Alliance Commander.

I understand that the Consular story is not for everyone. Likewise, the Agent story is not for me even though it is widely considered to be the best of the class stories. You are going to find that some class stories will appeal to you more than others. Once you do it once for the legendary achievement, if that matters to you, then you can ignore it and never play the story again.

One minor thing I do want to nitpick. "It's your simple 'go to x planet, shield x jedi', rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back." This is true for all class stories in Chapter 1. They are all [repetitive] like this. Each planet is basically the same mission just with different scenery.
≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈ ≈~≈~≈~≈~≈
Just your average, opinionated, disabled, queer gaymer.

Hrafnhildur
05.13.2021 , 01:59 AM | #6
Personally, i enjoyed Jedi Consular very much, but as other posters said, that story is not for everyone. Nor is Imperial Agent, which i found a pain to play, never understood why
Spoiler

Honestly, i regret not doing Smuggler to get the buff.
Siegwalde Ykir

cheeseforme
05.13.2021 , 05:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
My point stands, if you find playing a character a specific way boring, play a different way.
What are you even talking about?

I'm talking about storyline and you're talking about gameplay? Should read before posting.

cheeseforme
05.13.2021 , 05:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hrafnhildur View Post
Personally, i enjoyed Jedi Consular very much, but as other posters said, that story is not for everyone. Nor is Imperial Agent, which i found a pain to play, never understood why
Spoiler

Honestly, i regret not doing Smuggler to get the buff.
In the end of the day it does truly come down to preference but i feel like the storyline could have had more depth. There was nothing unique about it and it felt i was doing the same quest but on a diff planet.

cheeseforme
05.13.2021 , 05:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Where are the twists ? What makes [the Agent] story unique from any other? Nothing about the quests has me sitting back in awe or in wonder or curiosity. Everything is predictable, dull, basic, lack of creativity. There is literally nothing that grabs my attention. It's your simple "go to x planet, [stop y terrorist]", rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back.

Everyone has different tastes. Many people talk up the Agent story but I think it is dull and unoriginal. There is nothing unique about the Agent story. It is just one recycled spy cliche after another with a generic Bond villain for the Chapter 1 boss. But I love the Consular story. It is the Jedi story. Sure, the Knight is a Jedi, but it is the Anakin aggressively negotiating from planet to planet story whereas the Consular has themes of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Consular story delves into morality and ethics, more than once forcing the player to choose between doing what is expedient, or what is easiest for the Republic, versus doing what is right. The consequences are minor, that is true, but that is true of every single class story. The honest truth is that, although the class stories are good, they have the depth of a puddle.

Like the other class stories, the three parts of the Consular story are connected, but out of all the class stories the Consular is the only one with such dramatic shifts. The Consular goes from being a healer in their first act, to being a diplomat in their second, to forming their own army and leading the charge into battle in defense of the Republic in their third act. Many people say that the Knight is the "canonical" Outlander as the Fallen Empire story is the, allegedly, direct continuation of the Knight's story, but to me the Consular is the only one that makes sense as the Alliance Commander.

I understand that the Consular story is not for everyone. Likewise, the Agent story is not for me even though it is widely considered to be the best of the class stories. You are going to find that some class stories will appeal to you more than others. Once you do it once for the legendary achievement, if that matters to you, then you can ignore it and never play the story again.

One minor thing I do want to nitpick. "It's your simple 'go to x planet, shield x jedi', rinse and repeat for literally 3-4 planets of quests back to back." This is true for all class stories in Chapter 1. They are all representative like this. Each planet is basically the same mission just with different scenery.
This ^^ i literally just said this on my last post replying to someone. There is no depth to the story and that is what makes me a bit upset. It feels like a slap in the face by developers.

I just starded operative and immediately fell in love .

EAFSAMWISE
05.13.2021 , 07:05 AM | #10
The issue with Consular is that regardless of your choices, your character is by default in a more favorable position with the Jedi Council and the order. It simply makes the most sense for the Consular to be a more light-sided, "goody-two-shoes" sort. You earn a respected position as the Jedis' loremaster and the easily just make you a Jedi Master simply so you can represent them to some political organization. As opposed to the Jedi Knight whose reputation with the Council is more tenuous due to their padawan secretly being a former Sith, them being reckless and charging the Emperor head-on at his spaces station despite warnings, and also working alongside the Emperor's top enforcer Lord Scourge as an ally. Not to mention it takes defeating the Emperor to even earn you the title of Master. These things are true regardless of your choices. Needless to say, if you want more "adventure" as opposed to lore, I'd recommend the Knight