LOTS Launch Combat Styles Confirmed Choices For Existing Characters?

BigBack

Greetings everyone

I am wondering if it might be possible to confirm how the combat styles choices will work for existing characters upon launch. We know new characters will be able to select 2 new combat styles during the leveling process.

For existing characters will we get to pick 2 new combat styles as well? Or are we stuck with the combat style we logged out on and we get to only pick 1 new combat style? Ideally for example on my Trooper (Vangard) I would like to pick PowerTech and Gunslinger.

Cheers and thanks for reading

Jeremy

This post implies that existing characters will be able to choose 2 entirely new combat styles regardless of what their current advanced class is.

Key point is this part:

"If you have an existing character when Legacy of the Sith launches, when you log into the game, you will be able to choose a Combat Style immediately. You can choose a Combat Style similar to your previous Advanced Class or choose something new. The choice is yours!"

This post implies that existing characters will be able to choose 2 entirely new combat styles regardless of what their current advanced class is.

Key point is this part:

"If you have an existing character when Legacy of the Sith launches, when you log into the game, you will be able to choose a Combat Style immediately. You can choose a Combat Style similar to your previous Advanced Class or choose something new. The choice is yours!"

Hey LordCamTheGreat

I agree it would make the most sense however if you read the direct line.

It says you will be able to choose "a" as in one Combat Style immediately. It says nothing about your second combat style at all so thus I am looking for some confirmation as to exactly how this will work. It kinda reads like you will be picking your second combat style once you login implying you are stuck with your original combat style.

Cheers,

Jeremy

It says you will be able to choose "a" as in one Combat Style immediately. It says nothing about your second combat style at all so thus I am looking for some confirmation as to exactly how this will work. It kinda reads like you will be picking your second combat style once you login implying you are stuck with your original combat style.

Cheers,

Jeremy

When you load an existing character you get to choose your first combat style immediately. I do not think they have said when in the leveling progression you unlock the ability to select and use a second combat style. If they have said anything definitive on that, I do not recall seeing it.

I would not be surprised if the 2nd combat style was unlocked at level 80.

When you load an existing character you get to choose your first combat style immediately. I do not think they have said when in the leveling progression you unlock the ability to select and use a second combat style. If they have said anything definitive on that, I do not recall seeing it.

I wouldn't mind this as long as we can change our advanced class right off the bat. I have a few that I don't want to reroll.

They have stated on record that new characters get to pick their first combat style right out of the gate and that the second combat style opens up after finishing chapter 3 of your origin/class story.

What they have not indicated to my knowledge is how combat style choices will work for existing characters. Do existing characters get to pick 2 new combat styles? Or are they stuck with the one they chose before and only get to pick 1 new one?

Cheers,

Jeremy

They have stated on record that new characters get to pick their first combat style right out of the gate and that the second combat style opens up after finishing chapter 3 of your origin/class story.

What they have not indicated to my knowledge is how combat style choices will work for existing characters. Do existing characters get to pick 2 new combat styles? Or are they stuck with the one they chose before and only get to pick 1 new one?

Cheers,

Jeremy

Based on the PTS today, there's no switching your advanced class at all, not even for new characters.

I honestly don't understand the point of releasing the PTS in this state. You can't do anything new, all you can do is look at the horrendously unfinished skill trees, and most of the new items on the tree are placeholders that don't work.

• 3 weeks later...

Key point is this part:

It would be wonderful to get a confirmation on this topic by a dev! The answer to the question of whether or not existing characters will only get one combat style (vs new characters getting to choose two) dictates what I spend my time on in the game until the expansion goes live!

Here's to hoping that existing characters will get to choose two combat styles just like new characters!

Thanks

It would be wonderful to get a confirmation on this topic by a dev! The answer to the question of whether or not existing characters will only get one combat style (vs new characters getting to choose two) dictates what I spend my time on in the game until the expansion goes live!

Here's to hoping that existing characters will get to choose two combat styles just like new characters!

Thanks

From what I've seen, force users may select their mirror style (opposing faction) or keep their current one as their primary and pick any force secondary while tech users are stuck with their factions current tech style and can only have choice on their second tech style. Maybe (hopefully) is a pts bug.