Why isn't Elara in Chapter XI???

jaycoblueboy

So I have a republic commando who had married Elara Dorne only to be separated by five years in carbonation. So I've been waiting since October to be reunited with her and I got my hopes up when I saw Jorgan. But then I saw that Bioware says that it will be just him and some new Havoc Squad. It doesn't make sense at all that Elara isn't there too. She was my Trooper's 2nd command so shouldn't she be leading Havoc and not Jorgan??? I'm really confused as to why she isn't in this chapter too.

Dude, I'm still waiting for all my husbands to return not just Jorgan. I'm DYING to see the chapter with Vector and Quinn and Doc. Oh oh oh. Let them come soon!!!

Lol this. ^

They'll come when they come I guess. I'm stoked to get Aric back on my Trooper but I'm dying to reunite with Doc, Quinn and Vector as well and

Torian but the wait for him isn't much longer. ^^

Elara's probably sitting somewhere in a corner on Zakuul rocking back and forth going "Sir sir where are you sir, I resupplied the med bay sir aren't you proud sir". Never liked her so sorry but not sorry! She can wait until the very last chapter for all I care. :p

I really doubt Elara would still be in Havoc Squad after the Wild Space Incident.

The Republic was hounding her the entire time even after her flawless service, and Saresh would not want a defector in a position of public renown or of critical strategic value, no matter how good she is.

My theory on her is that she was assigned to a really nasty post on the Sith Imperial - Republic frontlines and by the time we catch up to her, she and her command will be wedged between Imperials and the Eternal Empire.

If they really want to up the sad factor, they could have her fighting against her father's command =(

Maybe we'll get to ask Jorgan (if we're on a our Trooper) about her and what happened though I wouldn't expect more than a throw away line about him "not knowing" or something along the lines of "we lost contact because of...." Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I'd say we're all in the same boat when it comes to pre-KOTFE LI coming back. Personally I'm looking forward to my Inquisitor getting her lunkhead pirate back asap. To stem the wait I've decided to re-roll and go through the story line again. On the upside, it gives me a chance to record the cut scenes this time around.

As far as my Trooper, the only reason she's at 65 right now rather than my other toons is the fact that Chapter XI comes out next week. I'm looking forward to seeing how that reunion goes. I wonder if the fact that Aric thinks she's crazy although he's crazy about her makes a difference in the dialogue options? :D

When he proposes, he offers up the idea of going to Ithor for their honeymoon. My trooper tells him flat out that their going to have a more action packed honeymoon. His response: "You really are crazy." :D

Remember it depends on Voice Actor (VA) availability as well as story progression.

You're probably right. Still I think it would have been cool if we got both Jorgan and Elara back in the same chapter. I mean it makes since that they would both keep fighting for havoc squad and the Trooper together

Yeah considering Bioware say they won't bring companions back without a story I feel as if they could have save some effort and brought both of them back at the same time, maybe make the chapter slightly longer to accommodate it but it would work from a story point of view.

Im in the same boat as you man, just started this year (because of TFA) and i only got my trooper maxed at 65. ive been faithful to elara the entire playthrough lol. and since KOTFE brings back comps with meaningful storylines, i have faith ill meet my wife elara. i hope very soon. HOWEVER, if they dont bring her back, imma be pissed yo

I'm pretty sure it's because they need a universal story that would avoid establishing a canon for the Trooper story. I'm pretty sure someone playing through as a Jedi Knight but also has a Trooper alt would get mad if they were told a choice thy made in the Trooper story was not canon.

I believe an explanation as to what happened to her will probably be provided. My current theory is that she left the military in order to find the player Trooper. My basis for this being the romance letter you gain from her after taking a nap in Carbonite.

Remember it depends on Voice Actor (VA) availability as well as story progression.

I have a feeling most of the VAs are on board with coming back in some capacity or another, if they're not already voicing background characters. As you said, story progression probably factors in.

It does interest me that, except for Dorne, we've encountered practically all of the Trooper's original companions up to this point. Hell, Vik was the first of the original voiced companions (with a different VA) we encounter (and no, T7's beeping doesn't count :p). I don't know of any other class that has gotten that close to obtaining/encountering all their original companions thus far (the Agent may be the closest).

I don't know of any other class that has gotten that close to obtaining/encountering all their original companions thus far (the Agent may be the closest).

Especially our poor Smugglers who have had their recent alliance companion contact for Chapter 11 pushed back again. :p

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Especially our poor Smugglers who have had their recent alliance companion contact for Chapter 11 pushed back again. :p

Yeah, what the hell is that all about? Guss is the only one whose reappeared, and it's not like BW and EA don't have access to the sound files for Wookiee talk!

So? Who cares if she should be there and not Jorgan. Shouldn't Vector be there and not Kalyo? Shouldn't Kira be there and not T7? It would be too hard to expand the expansions that much making it change for every class in every way. Also, what you say about it not making sense that Aric is the only one there and not Elara. If you say that, why does it not make sense that M1-4X, Vik, and Yuun aren't there as well?

They better have not...

Hmm just found out they have.

Hey folks,

We have been doing a lot of internal playtesting on the Eternal Championship and it is currently not at a level that we believe our players deserve. In keeping with our commitment to offer the highest quality experience possible with our latest expansion, we have decided to delay the launch of the Eternal Championship. We are focusing on overall balance, ensuring each boss fight is challenging, endeavoring to exceed quality expectations, and most of all, making sure it is a fun experience. Please note Bowdaar will also be delayed, but will continue to launch alongside the Eternal Championship.

To help ensure we deliver on the deeper experience we promised, we have decided to make the Eternal Championship available on our Public Test Server (PTS) prior to releasing it. We are eager to make this feature as high quality as possible and would love to get your feedback as we work to strengthen it. Once we nail down the release schedule we will let you know how to get access on PTS.

I will provide more information as I have it; our goal is to have more information in the next 4-6 weeks. Thank you.

-eric

So are there any new Alliance alerts with Chapter XI, or is it just the one chapter and that's it? I mean, we're getting two new warzones, so yay, but I don't PVP...oh, well.

Good question. You will recruit a Companion as a part of the Chapter, but with Bowdaar moving out there will not be a new Alliance alert with Chapter XI.

-eric

/5char

I have a feeling Zenith will be back. And because Bowdaar won't be back, MAYBE they'll give us Guss. I mean ffs my smuggler wants SOMEONE FROM HER ORIGINAL CREW. I don't care, if it IS Zenith and Guss, just for the love of all that's holy, give my smuggler ONE dang companion back. Out of them all, she's the ONLY one NOT to have any of her crew back yet.

Warriors--Pierce

Troopers--Jorgan, Yunn, M1-4X (met Tanno)

Agent--Scorpio, Lokin, Kaliyo

Inquisitor--Talos and Xalek

Bounty Hunter--Blizz (I think Chapter 12 MIGHT be Torian...don't quote me on that though)

Jedi Knight--T7-O1

Jedi Consular--Qyzen

Smuggler---no one