Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you travel to later planets without breaking the story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Can you travel to later planets without breaking the story?

Adam_Taylor
04.25.2021 , 12:41 PM | #11
Thanks all. Yeah, I was told in game that it was safe to travel to later worlds without breaking story as long as you don't actually take any quests (likely just the "story" quests, but they said not to do any to be safe).

I was actually doing the Paxton Rall thing, where you have to meet him in every cantina. So I wanted to jump ahead planets.

Problem is, the last location I need is Zakuul. And it's not on the galaxy map.
Is it possible to get summoned there if you have a guildmate who is able to go there? And would THAT affect the story in any way? Or would it still be safe?

Basically, I was hoping to try and unlock an extra companion, as it would be a great boon to all my low level toons who just have one at the moment.

ceryxp
04.26.2021 , 04:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam_Taylor View Post
Problem is, the last location I need is Zakuul. And it's not on the galaxy map.
Is it possible to get summoned there if you have a guildmate who is able to go there? And would THAT affect the story in any way? Or would it still be safe?

Basically, I was hoping to try and unlock an extra companion, as it would be a great boon to all my low level toons who just have one at the moment.
I can not say definitively, but it should be possible. It is possible to be summoned to pre-cataclysm Ziost if you are on post-cataclysm Ziost, so I assume Zakuul would be the same.

With regard to getting Paxton as a companion, unless something has changed, of which I am not aware that anything has, the cantina crawl achievement is separate from and does not grant Paxton as a companion. Paxton was offered as a sub reward companion in December 2018.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
The Jedi way is to serve.

Adam_Taylor
04.26.2021 , 10:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
With regard to getting Paxton as a companion, unless something has changed, of which I am not aware that anything has, the cantina crawl achievement is separate from and does not grant Paxton as a companion. Paxton was offered as a sub reward companion in December 2018.
Oh, that sucks. I was going off what people had told me in game. I got the achievement started and had asked about it, and people were saying it was tied to unlocking the guy.

ceryxp
04.26.2021 , 05:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Adam_Taylor View Post
Oh, that sucks. I was going off what people had told me in game. I got the achievement started and had asked about it, and people were saying it was tied to unlocking the guy.
The good news is that with Galactic Seasons it is highly likely that Paxton will show up on one of the vendors eventually.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
The Jedi way is to serve.

SteveTheCynic
04.27.2021 , 01:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
The good news is that with Galactic Seasons it is highly likely that Paxton will show up on one of the vendors eventually.
Read the news page about Seasons. We will finally be *rid* of endless "give us subscriber reward companions like Master Ranos again" threads.
Not really what you think.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes