Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a little lacking.

Other than buying Cathar and some new hair styles (very very few it seems) and finding I don't want to change my look 2.1 seems finished. Decent dyes seem so rare as to be not worth going for if you get them great if not the work involved makes it hardly worth the option to dye a piece of armour.

Is there something I'm missing with this update or is it just the one terminal and a few cartel market items that seem over priced for what they are.

I'm trying to get in game for 2 hours and nothing.

And I don't care if I wrote this in another topic too.

I'll repeat it till I'll be able to log in or when I'll get 1 extra sub day, which I lost today. And who knows how many more in my whole sub time.

I too can't get past the loading screen, first time i managed to get in after 25 minutes, bought cathar unlock, applied it, logged out to make a cathar character, and nothing, the unlock hasn't been applied. logged off and now stuck on loading for over 30 minutes. plus the dye's are pointless with the way you have them set. take a look at D.C.U.O and take a few tips from them on armour colouring, not a great game but customisation is good in dcuo. bringing that aspect to this game will be a plus.

Customisation Rip Off

The prices being charged for customisation of characters is prohibitive to your average player. I know, I know, its optional fluff etc. but I have waited a year to change a character name and have subscribed since pre-launch and it appears that subscribers do not even get one free character name change (or am I wrong here?) and 1000 coins is a lot!

There is nothing else to get excited about in this update, to my eyes and I'm a little dubious about reduced instance populations too . I hope its for the right reasons and not to mask possible population decreases on servers. I love this game and will continue to support it but to say I'm a little tee'd off is putting it mildly.

Looking forward to being corrected if I am wrong about character re-name.

Goodness, you guys really know how to whine, don't you? Everything's working fine for me and my friends. Keep up the good work BioWare.

Im glad its working for you but for me isnt and im not the only one ... and im losing a day on my subscription too ...

EDIT: Working now =) good luck to everyone

Edited by lmramos

Customisation Rip Off

The prices being charged for customisation of characters is prohibitive to your average player. I know, I know, its optional fluff etc. but I have waited a year to change a character name and have subscribed since pre-launch and it appears that subscribers do not even get one free character name change (or am I wrong here?) and 1000 coins is a lot!

There is nothing else to get excited about in this update, to my eyes and I'm a little dubious about reduced instance populations too . I hope its for the right reasons and not to mask possible population decreases on servers. I love this game and will continue to support it but to say I'm a little tee'd off is putting it mildly.

Looking forward to being corrected if I am wrong about character re-name.

Appearantly the free rename option we would get 1 per account (And originally was supposed to be free along with guild and legacy rename for subscribers) will be given later on, since they haven't figured out how to grant it the last 6 months or so.

As i see it, the direction they are going. Give no substantial reason to be a sub. There really isnt anything in this game that makes you think "wow im glad i pay 15.00 bucks a month." This double dipping is just going to get worse as time goes on. Yes you give me free cartel coins, i get that. But if i want to choose the new race, you force me to spend cartel coins on it, (btw the race is 300 coins, you give me 550... so i cant use a months worth on anything else... AT ALL, you know like name changes or appearance changes or new packs.. get it... spend your money to buy more cartel coins. 1000 coins (2 months worth) to change your name. FAIL)

ESO!!! You are going to steal 90% of the player base that plays this game on Day 1. BioWare really gives you no reason to keep giving them subs. Go play another game, when you want to raid, just buy the unlock. Done!!! Gear comes way too easy and way to quick to sub.

Not really caring about the patch or update or whatever its called cause I can't even log into the freaking game! Come on people test your stuff before releasing it on the unsuspecting population! I wanna play not sit here and stare at the screen like some kind of fool.:rak_02: