Crisis on Umabara LB overtuned!

I tried it at least 10 times as Powertech tank and same with my merc DPS, and not passed it a single time. Ppl are leaving group when Umabara pops, and that`s the reason. It has to be fixed ASAP

I would have understood if you tried Umbara MM but at what difficulty level did you attempt Umbara?

The boss is not overtuned. It´s actually a bit easier now.

You´ll need a good group though.

If you need it easier you can drag the boss down the hill a bit (so that the adds need to run to you).

But it should not be nerfed. A bit of a challenge should stay in the game.

I would also leave MM Umbara if it pops with pugs. Pugs almost never listen, or don't care if they are wasting someone's time or not. So yes, group needs to be decent, but more importantly they need to be willing to listen and follow instuctions for tactics if they wipe. HS heros are above instructions, and unfortunately there's plenty of them in the game now.

If you want to finish Umbara for cheevos, just look for a group on fleet and walk in from Odessen. Don't use GF, in case you need to replace someone or swap roles.

If you need it easier you can drag the boss down the hill a bit (so that the adds need to run to you).

Or even better, drag it down the hill a 'lot'. If you go far enough, the mob's end up clustering nicely for AoE's by the time they get to where you are.

It's been a while since I've done Umbara in MM from GF. I would agree that, if you want a good chance of success it's best to do it with a guild group and/or friends, rather than a PUG (GF).

Edited by JediQuaker

I did not knew this tactic. I always tried to kill it at point where it spawns. Could anyone explain it? I mean this draging down from hill

Basically, someone agros the droid and then starts to go back down the hill with the droid chasing after. It's important that only one person holds agro, and that they don't drop agro, or the droid will reset.

The first time I did this I was in a Vet group as a Gunslinger. We also had a tank, but the tank had trouble keeping agro - I forget why - so I was the one that dragged the droid.

If you drag the droid far enough - to that sharp bend or below** - when the adds spawn, they all run down the hill and group together and can then be AoE'd rather than fought individually.

** When you do this, you are out of range for running to the normal kolto "run throughs", but a bit farther down the hill are some of those kolto barrels you can kick.

Basically, someone agros the droid and then starts to go back down the hill with the droid chasing after. It's important that only one person holds agro, and that they don't drop agro, or the droid will reset.

thats just worng.... he will always reset the first pull

and its a lot easier than it used to be.. no nerf needed... fps are waaaay to easy atm...

i mean you can meet the dpschheck of blood hunt 1st boss with 1 vanguard dps (you need 16k overall dmg vanguard does 14).... and thats beyond silly...

what i would like to see is a nerf on the rewards for fps and a removal of those vetrans edge bull*****.

waaay too many farm bobs in q nowadays and imo its no fun to play with ignorant "i only want my loot" type of people....

especially all the super cool pvp kids, who have no clue what they are doing and blaming others for their own mistakes.

please increase rewards from pvp so i dont have to deal with such fools

Edited by Opiklo

thats just worng.... he will always reset the first pull

Um, not in my experience. I've done this three times now. The first one, the tank lost agro and it reset. Then I as a Gunslinger tried it and I lost agro (got too far ahead of the droid) and it reset. Then things went okay after the 3rd attempt.

The other two times it worked from the get-go with no reset.

There may just be some certain circumstances that result in a reset. It could depend upon what class does the pull and/or the "threat level" of the character or the threat level of anyone who attacks the droid while it's being pulled. Or it could be the colour of your character's hair. All kinds of weird glitches happen in this game. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

The boss is not overtuned. It´s actually a bit easier now.

You´ll need a good group though.

Challenge for who exactly? This is an MM FP boss. It is supposed to be doable comfortably by average skilled players at level 70 in 230 gear. The boss does a f**kin random 55K hits. How is a moderate skilled healer, in 230 gear is supposed to deal with 1 dps randomly losing 60% of their HP?!

I always wanted BW to split MM FPs into two categories, and put harder FPs in a separate que (with higher rewards). You should not have content in the same que with the same rewards and vastly different difficulty. This is a major oversight by BW.

it seems you never read the in game information concerning mmfps....

"master mode flashpoints are CHALLENGING, group focused missions that will test your mettle in combat as well as

your ability to coordinate with a team of 4 players"

Challenge for who exactly? This is an MM FP boss. It is supposed to be doable comfortably by average skilled players at level 70 in 230 gear. The boss does a f**kin random 55K hits. How is a moderate skilled healer, in 230 gear is supposed to deal with 1 dps randomly losing 60% of their HP?!

In 5.0 Umbara, Chiss and Nathema required 242 gear to even be allowed to queue for it. Even then 248+ was recommended at the time.

Now, 5.0 FPs and Meridian should be, in VM, queuable from Lv60 and up.

I always wanted BW to split MM FPs into two categories, and put harder FPs in a separate que (with higher rewards). You should not have content in the same que with the same rewards and vastly different difficulty. This is a major oversight by BW.

If we assume Korriban and the rest of the Forged Alliances chain are, in fact, 3.0 FPs, these should be included in the "harder" queue, along with the newer content. (And Kaon, Lost Island as well) But I feel that then Korriban would become the equivalent of Hammer in a "harder" queue (and, unlike Hammer, Korriban would likely be run with the bonus boss).

In this game progression is very "diagonal" (a purely "horizontal" progression would mean all FPs would be of similar difficulty at a given level), too.