What's your SWTOR 7.0 updates/fix wishlist?

Lord_Neon

Yeah that's what I meant to say, I just put it down unclearly. It's funny that you mention GW2 because there's a thread on the forums because "Yay GW2 is getting a new engine". They thought that because they're getting DX11 this meant that the game got a new engine entirely lol.

However, I don't recognize what you say about GW2 graphics having been watered down. I've played it on and off since start and I haven't seen that. To me it's still about the same, certainly not watered down.

It looked very watered down the last time I played and I played it at launch then returned and it looked very different from the initial GW2 to me. I am not going to count FFXIV in that because some how it managed to figure out XI's flaws and fix them its the abnormality of MMOs right now considering how long its been out. But you play something long enough you do not notice things half as much as those that play off and on. But those games do have to keep replacing their engines just to keep their graphics from not looking like that FFXI's graphics became all the grainy crap. Running Swtor on a new engine would be nicer visually but not as much what people think just more allowing it to run at peek performance more than anything. maybe more detail on low end graphics but that would also mean there is still a lot of people playing on low end graphics that would no longer actually be able to play swtor either and dont think bioware wants to do that to loyal players yet.

Edited by Kalnarius
typos

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Character stealth mode to hide EVERYTHING. I literally have parts of my weapon and armor visible, floating and dropping shadow.

2. Same issue, but reversed for cutscenes. I would really like to keep my ejection port on pistol, since cutscenes is the only time when i use it on my pyrotech anyway. I don't want to limit myself to items that don't have animated parts when i paid for better quality.

3. Was already mentioned, but companion gear colors in cutscenes.

4. Using different weapons with different classes. No, it won't require to make hundreds of new animations, because some specs use weapons only for autoattack and cutscenes, and many animations that use weapons have duplicate abilities for other classes. Example: Deadly Onslaught = Artillery Blitz = Mortar Volley

Cuscenes animations won't be a problem either. Trooper and Agent still use handguns to kill people and force users don't really need both blades just to execute somebody (they mostly do it with the force anyway).

I mean, we already can stab Quinn with mace and axe. Pike won't be that bad either.

Balancing is an issue? Not really. Add cosmetic weapon slots to outfit manager and we will just keep stats of original weapon (And blasters for cutscenes).

So don't make me count animations by making excuses, ok? Most of them are in the game already and require rearangements.

5. Update sets by separating the most obvious gloves into hands and wrists. Such items like Scotia's gauntlets can be easily separated to mix with new CM armor. Or at least hide upper part of the glove under big wrist cosmetics.

6. And the last one, i think. I would really like every next campaign i start to not forget choices i made. My Sith Warrior was dumped by three girlfriends already. Galaxy far, far away gets very, very bloody lonely.

Edit:

7. Separate height and body type in character creation. It would be great to play absolute unit with body type 4 and type 3's height or type 3 that wasn't overdosed on growing hormones.

Edited by Regardo_Lupin

Also, if you could fix the long-standing issue of cartel-bought assault cannons casting blocky shadows in the cutscenes, I'd much appreciate it. More than once, I had to switch to a lesser drop-loot AC whenever I enter a conversation cutscene because of these ugly shadows.

I'd like to see Darth Rivix actually take over the Alliance from the Imperial Saboteur, forcing the Saboteurt to flee taking with the help of Republic NPCs, getting rid of the Aliiance and all the unneeded companions, just keeping a few companions loyal to the Republic.

I'd like to see the Saboteur have to deal with their romanced companion finding out the secret they've been keeping.

And similar result for Republic Saboteur, fleeing with Imperials

I'd like to see the Saboteur have to deal with their romanced companion finding out the secret they've been keeping.

lol Should be no problem, considering I broke off with Quinn after he backstabbed me in my class story. I could tolerate a lot of things, but not betrayal and disloyalty.

Hooked up with Jaesa now, and she's pretty much sided with my SW on the light side of things and (would most probably) agreed that the Empire's full of self-centered slavers and war lords, so no problems there.

Wishlist, huh ?

That option to finally sent a certain blond Sith on an endless vacation somewhere very far away from my toons and never see her again.

Some new species would be great, my top pick would be Echani, which would seem to be fairly easy to add (everything required is already in game on one species or another), i just want my main to be a proper Echani please BW, then in no particular order : Zeltron (a Zeltron IA would be a perfect match between species and class tbh), Kiffar, Tholothian and eventually Nikto.

Some new customizations for our companions, especially "hair customizations" (like Theron and Nadia have), so customizations that basically keep most of the companion's original feratures, but only change their hairstyles.

I'd love to be able to replay the whole story with a character who has already been through it, but if not possible a way to rewatch the cutscenes without having to replay the whole thing with a clone of my character would be great.

Edited by Goreshaga

Any bug fixes are always welcome.

That aside manly new species, new/more customizations for excising species across the board, so not just human. So my wish list is not all that extensive.

In reality not expecting anything, every patch update fixes some bugs, while making new ones, so....yep as said not expecting much.

I’ve been playing with 3 screens for 9 years and have never had the problems you describe.

99% of the UI is fully customisable and you can move your chat and response wheel to the middle or anywhere you want.

I think the problem with your loading is you aren’t playing using full screen and are instead playing in Windowed mode. Switch to Full Screen under preferences and set your resolution to match your 3 monitors. This will always load the game across 3 screens.

With the UI, go into customisation and you will see that you can choose “all” or select parts of the UI to show. Play around with the selection and you can move your story interaction wheel and response buttons.

The only part that isn’t customisable is when you talk to some NP characters (like Hylo Vis) during KOTET because they used a different UI mechanism due to different devs not understanding the old code. That is the only part that needs a “fix” for people who use 3 monitors. That and the new stupid activity bar that defaults left every load and you have to move it.

Now I remember why I play in Windowed mode. I tried setting up the graphics for Fullscreen, and unless I get the exact screen resolution, and it rearranges my desktop displays (I'll try again, since I should be able to match it to my desktop, if I take a screenshot of it. Game screenshots are not the full size, so using that didn't work. lol). Also, I often have other things up, like Access and Excel, web browser, etc, that I might want to get to quickly. Alt-tab works, to a degree, but sometimes I need to launch something new, and I forget that the [Window] key is there. Like I said, I'll try again, but I am not overly optimistic about my chances. ;)

Oh, and you are right about the conversations that I was referring to, they are the RPG ones where your character doesn't talk, mainly introduced with the Odessen stuff.

The UI that I would like to add to the [interface Editor] is the Character Select screen. I haven't seen any options in there for that.

Edited by WHTJunior

• 2 months later...

I have a few immersion things I would love to see. This is just off the top.

Companions mount with you, companion emotes, smoother movement in Coruscant traffic, select companion position, head movement when I scroll into first person (seeing your weapon would be cool too), being able to click-and-sit in chairs placed through the world/strongholds, tell your companioms to sit/crouch, more cannon fire between Republic and Imperial ships in space battles, remove the class restriction on your personal starships appearance/model,

Finally more out there, the ability/emote to lean/crouch against walls or boxes - it doesn't even need to do anything just a visual for blaster battles. This ties into companion movement too, as taking cover in a battle/standing behind something just makes more sense than standing in the open firing at each other. It could even be an array of seating areas around mobs, but instead of clicking on a chair to sit down you click on the ground where you can take cover.

Edited by TrustXST

You know what? This is gonna sound kinda petty, but since I started playing in 4k recently it has kinda bugged me...

I wish they went through and updated the old textures on old outfits.

Not just player outfits, but everything that NPC's wear in-game.

Because it can be kinda jarring at times when they have massively pixelated outfits on, but crisp and nice faces and hair.

Hi.

Here is my wishlist ( please don't laugh!) :

- more interaction with our class companions and love interests, including the shared ones ( Lana, Theron, Koth, Arcann)

- a way to recruit companions from other classes ( Nadia Grell, Risha, Jaesa, Felix Iresso, Zenith)

- proper Togruta appearance ( lekku length and face patterns)

- no more bugs in the Voss heroics ( Norus-Vel is still invisible and fallen in game texture sometimes)

- no more plot holes ( BH not knowing Akaavi, Zabrak smuggler talking about adopting children if he romanced Akaavi and so on)

- more re-rolls for daily PO.

I know, i know, I'm asking for a lot.. :o

Oh, what the heck! I could possibly be the only one who cares about this :D:

1) a Valor extension to 110

2) a new title for 110

3) a vendor that unlocks various items (armor, weapons, mounts, etc) as one progresses through the ranks -or- a system like GS that, say, every 10 levels that unlocks a piece of gear to a unique pvp set, mount, weapon, or an exclusive pvp tactical.

I have had 5 capped at 100 for years now. I have 3 that are close. I enjoy playing these characters and would rather continue leveling them vs grinding another. Also, valor would have some type of purpose.

Thanks from a pvp junkie!

100% agree with the vendor for valor. There should be some rewards, instead of just titles and a few crystals/weapons on the fleet. The old armor sets that require valor on the GTN are not even complete sets...

For story wise wish, I wish for more stories, more characters' interactions. Plain and simple.

For QoL wishes, I wish for:

- ability to search for items in your cargo bay (personal, guild (?)) as well as other places where there is a long list (Set Bonus Vendors, the Conquest Objective sub window)

- a centralized crew skills hub: so you can send companions (current + alts) in 1 log in. If you send an alt's companion out, credits will be deducted from that alt's inventory only. Most crew skills' missions return materials that go to your material bag, which is accessible by all on account anyway.

I wish for:

-Additional distinct faces and colors for Twi'lek players (not just different textures on the same 3 faces)

-Add complexion and scar options for Togruta and let players make male Togruta with the same kind of head tails as the ones in the game and the female players

-Better/unique romance animations for less common pairings. For example, male BT1 + female BT3, any character + male BT3, any two male characters, etc...

-Openly fight for the opposite faction in new story content if you switched sides (not asking for an actual faction switch where you have access to the opposite fleet, planets, flashpoints, etc...)

-The ability to have Lana Beniko leave you forever. It doesn't have to be a kill option, just please let me finally get rid of her.

I'd like more (romantic) interactions/quests with my romance companion, whether they are class comps, or like Theron and others. (Especially Theron though.)

More class story, even if just a chapter here and there or like in SoR.

Edited by Lunafox

Oh man.

- Hood stuff too (both hood off and hair under the hood)

- Rotate cartel market items so we don't have to wait months and months hoping for RNG for the one set we want...

- new cosmetics/haircuts etc

Fixes

- fix Master Ranos' hair (it's bald when bending over. Same for similar styles)

- fix KotFE chapter so that your level is adjusted to 70 in the instance for Lady of Sorrows

It's amazing how the announcement of combat styles got everyone so excited, only for us to see how it actually works and immediately become disillusioned as bioware decided to remove like 60% of our key abilities with their new branching tree system.

My wishlist now mostly consists of the hope that they DON'T do a lot of garbage they've shown on the PTS to gut classes and abilities.

Hood toggle? Offline guild invites? Legacy chat? All nice things I gave up hope for long ago, but I'd sacrifice them all if it stopped them from just lazily jumping to removing content to avoid having to actually teach new players how to use them.

Another thing that I tend to forget about until I'm playing through it again or watching my recordings of that part is that the dialogue in one of the Shadow of Revan Rishi quests "An enemy twice over" has been messed up for years. The Revanites of your faction act like you used the "lie" option to tell them that the Revanites of the opposite faction are betraying you no matter what you pick and say they will "look into your claims" and so on and then come help you fight the opposite faction Revanites when you confront them. It wasn't originally messed up but was broken somewhere along the way and it would be great if it could be fixed.

an example of what I mean:

8 Class Story Updates - I know its a big spend but surely every ten years isn't a big ask in the scheme of things.

Weapons as part of costume designer.

One click to update all unlocked outfits, emotes etc in collections.

Give us a reason to visit other people's strongholds - as it stands strongholds; decorate them as you may, as the most boring places to spend your time imaginable.

Some sort of ranking structures within regular warzones - in fact ditch ranked and incorporate some level of monthly ranking of players inside regs.

Update rewards for repeatable events....not good enough that we have repeatable events that are stale in the extreme.

Nice looking gear that is craftable at different levels - crafting has all gone to the dogs - only things that are worth making is end game mods, augments etc. If you could craft 10 colours of sparkle powder that would still be jaw dropping compared to what you can do at the moment.

Make it possible to choose different musical themes at character launch - the current one is too loud compared to regular game play.

Another tab for normal inventory.

To help deflate the economy - players should be able to cash in 100 billion credits for a "Money doesn't interest me" Legacy Title or other such titles for substantial hand over of credits.

Outside of the game we should be able to buy some SWTOR merchandise - Bioware have a shop on their website, why aren't there quality t-shirts etc available.

A regular roadmap that shows there actually is one worth sticking around for. While I've enjoyed my 10 years there have been long periods of dreadful inaction. Next ten need to be decent - with non repeating small events and things going on as often as possible that make the game feel vibrant and living.

No more insane odds and time sinks for silly slot machine rewards. I was a mug to breaking point this year but never again at that level of rng.

Finally we need more Musco in our dev posts....not the same without him in our corner.

Edited by hillerbees

My wishlist. Might update it later when I remember other bits.

1. Hood that can be manually taken on/off, or auto-off in cut-scenes.
  2. Hair under hoods
  3. Being able to override aspect ratio. The correct aspect ratio is not always found by assuming pixels in highest available monitor resolution are equally wide/tall, so you can just divide the pixel counts. (I had to manually mess with monitor driver to remove my highest available resolution from windows)
  4. I love all the phases that adds to immersion and put your toons in the middle of it, making me seem important. However, in those solo story expansions, it would be nice easier be able to identify where you can log off to take a break without losing progress.
  5. Many armors that used to be available seems to be gone, and I see companion options no longer being available (Shae Vizla). If you want to make money on CC store, why are you removing stuff I might be willing to buy?
  6. Especially huge creatures like the mammoth's on Hoth should be visible at more than 20 meters away. I understand you might want a max distance for PvP balance, but most of the content in the game is not PvP. Would be nice to adjust max distance for PvE content.
  7. When facing a bad *** jedi having killed the emperor, I'd expect some of the grunts to not dare attack, flee, surrender, or at the very least die quickly. Level shifting so you need to hit them 5 times with your saber before they're done, and spacing them out in a long queue to be killed in order do impact immersion. Might be ok if you board an enemy vessel, but when travelling the surface on the planet, especially outside a warzone, you should be able to get around without pulling lowbie mobs everywhere. Fewer fights that mattered more and not grinding lots of queues of grunts would be good I think.
  8. Would be nice with more facial looks available. You want your toon to look ok, which makes a lot of the available options a no go, and then you might have issues creating 10 toons without some of them looking pretty much identical.
  9. Great with more companion choices than the ones you were originally locked to, but you don't need all, so would be nice to make the ones you want to play with easily available within the bunch. For instance, choose who you get bunk space on your ship, and let those be the ones that appear on your ship, can do crew missions, the ones that give you companion quests and can be romanceable and so on.
  10. Allow romancing multiple companions. (Good that same sex romances are now in game. Would be nice to backport to older companions too. Could potentially make it optional in preferrences if anyone want to avoid same sex flirting options to appear)
  11. When companion is switched out due to story plot, switch back to your original companion automatically when that story bit where that companion is required (or should be there to fit story) is over.
  12. All the story bits should be soloable (at least content below latest expansion). Almost all are already anyhow, and as we have many different class stories, most people solo through story anyhow. No purple quests should require groups.
  13. Be able to see all, or at least a lot more than 5, of my toons in the login screen, and allow me to set my own custom order of toons in the login screen.
  14. Clean the cartel coin system some. Pretty confusing to know how it works. Don't want to spend real money to find out. I can spend X CC on that armor, but how much must I pay later to get it on toon #2? If I buy more inventory space with CC, will I save 5000 credits on other toons to buy the first extra row, or will I save the credits of buying the most expensive one? How about buying stash tabs? What did I use those 500 CC in my ledger for some years back? How to find the important upgrades among the throng of small options like having another hairdo available. What will I lose once my subscription is done and I want to play preferred a while? If you want to sell haircolors, tattoos or hairdos, let me see them in character creation before I decide to buy them.
  15. Levels feels silly when your level is automatically increased when doing high level content and automatically lowered when doing low level content. Level is almost just a way to not give you all available skills immediately. It's nice to be able to just go through story quests and not have to grind stuff you're not interested in to be able to continue story, but it's kind of silly to get gear fitting a level 35 at 75 because you gain levels silly fast and are max level before you're half way through the story. Especially if you do some side-quests and heroic parts too. Might want to reduce XP gain so the XP boost items and legacy upgrades might actually be worth anything at all, or at the very least adjust gear gotten to fit your level.
  16. Oh.. And stop small characters from walking around as they had 100 pounds of extra muscle in cut scenes. They look rather silly ;) Strange though, as walking outside of cut-scenes is just fine.

Edited by Humbe