Playable race : Voss

DavidAtkinson

that's a nasty cough, if you have a fever too, please step away from the forums :p

Echani would be cool, I've seen a couple of guilds, RP'ing as them, as well as plaayers.

I RP my main, a Jedi Sage, and alt-main, a Sith Sorcerer, are twin Echani brothers separated when they were young and reunited during the events on Yavin.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it has been stated many times....

All playable races MUST speak Basic as their primary language

All playable races MUST be Human sized and fit on a Human Size Skeleton

All playable races MUST be able to Wear Human gear and use Human Weapons.

NO playable races CAN be an integral part of the SWToR story-line as to prevent conflicts within the story.

The Voss does not comply with two of these requirements. They are NOT human sized nor do they use a human sized skeleton and they can not wear human gear. Pluse they are an integral part of the SWToR story-line and would cause major conflits within the story.

There for, if the race you want to have added to the game as a Playable race, does not fit into all of these category's. You can not have it as a playable race per BW.

NO playable races CAN be an integral part of the SWToR story-line as to prevent conflicts within the story.

The Voss does not comply with two of these requirements. They are NOT human sized nor do they use a human sized skeleton and they can not wear human gear. Pluse they are an integral part of the SWToR story-line and would cause major conflits within the story.

There for, if the race you want to have added to the game as a Playable race, does not fit into all of these category's. You can not have it as a playable race per BW.

Not all Voss are overly large. You encounter plenty on Voss that are human sized. Voss is known for the entire story, its just not mentioned until u actually get to Voss itself.

• 1 month later...

Not all Voss are overly large. You encounter plenty on Voss that are human sized. Voss is known for the entire story, its just not mentioned until u actually get to Voss itself.

I have seen plenty Voss that can fit at least 2 of the 4 body models in character creation, and if they ruled out the bulkier looks for the sake of adhering the closest to the way the NPCs look then that's cool.

I would argue that when you play a Sith storyline as a Pureblood Sith and they talk down to you because you're not a Pureblood Sith, that's a pretty big conflict of the facts of your character to what the story is telling you. It already exists in the game as an exception, so let it happen with the Voss as well.

As far as your character not knowing about Voss, that's simple enough to say you never grew up among your people or even on the planet. For any number of reasons you were taken in and raised by one of the two factions.

It's also been said it would be weird to think of them as anything but Jedi, but the same could be said about Pureblood Sith as only Sith and you can play them as anything you want once you've unlocked them. Screw stereotypes.

Besides, you have Main Character Armor, it protects against plot incongruities.

Edited by Craggon

I have seen plenty Voss that can fit at least 2 of the 4 body models in character creation, and if they ruled out the bulkier looks for the sake of adhering the closest to the way the NPCs look then that's cool.

They couldn't rule out the other two, as that would cause issues too, it wouldn't be long after they came out that people would be complaining that they want BT3 & 4 Voss.

Edited by DarkTergon

Besides, you have Main Character Armor, it protects against plot incongruities.

But not against massive plot retcons that would invalidate all 8 class stories and two faction stories for an entire planet. There is a big difference between a few lines of dialogue that do not acknowledge the species of your character and an entire plot point of the galactic story that works under the premise that the Voss are completely unknown to you and the rest of the galaxy.

No hapless attempt at "I am a galactic orphan from an unknown species" could rectify that, just as there is no armor against seeing Voss bounty hunters collecting their fee on Dromund Kaas and Voss smugglers hitting on the ladies on Coruscant.

There are so many other species that can be introduced as a playable character that there really is no need to retcon so much of the stuff that is already in the game just to fit the Voss in somehow.

Edited by Phazonfreak

• 4 months later...
I'm just here because I want to play as a Voss and I came across this thread.

Surprise, surprise, it looks like Bioware doesn't give two credits what we want or think.

R.I.P Voss playable race.

You aren't the only one who really wants these guys... I have too, I know they are reluctant to introduce a 5th body type, because the tall and skinny, but i've wanted it + the beautiful clolours.

i have suggested in the absence of playable Voss race, we get a Voss companion or two.. My thing would be a male (Gaden Ko, modelled after the a dps Jedi Sage as he was trained by the Consular) and a female (maybe Elsa Ko? modelled after a dps sorc as she was associated with Dath Serevin in Ilum FP)

• 4 months later...
I don't really feel like rehashing 7+ years of Voss requests, suffice to say that for lore and technical reasons, there is practically no chance of them happening.

Sorry.

Why not? WoW did pretty much the same thing with Pandaren and Zandalari Trolls/Skymountain Tauren/Blue Elves

I can't see Swtor not being able to do the same for Voss and any other relative races.

Edited by Vitriuos

Why not? WoW did pretty much the same thing with Pandaren and Zandalari Trolls/Skymountain Tauren/Blue Elves

I can't see Swtor not being able to do the same for Voss and any other relative races.

Because :

sigh

People keep posting this, usually without bothering to read the many previous posts explaining why this isn't feasible.

So to re-iterate: breaks models and breaks lore. Won't happen

not to mention, this thread alone has multiple reasons, and so do many other threads.

Would they be cool, yup, but it won't happen :(

I'll move this forward.....

Edited by denavin

Because :

not to mention, this thread alone has multiple reasons, and so do many other threads.

Would they be cool, yup, but it won't happen :(

:rak_02:

I mentioned WoW because there are various playable races in that that wouldn't work if they started at the same time as other races. Pandaren start at the beginning of the Mists of Pandaria expac, while Highmountain Tauren/Nightborne Elves start at the beginning of the Legion expac, and Zandalari Trolls and some others start in Battle for Azeroth.

So again, no reason it can't work lorewise. Just have them start later. Also, explain how Sith Jedi Knights/Consulars work lorewise but playable Voss somehow don't. Seems inconsistent.

Sucks about the human skeletons requirement though. That explanation at least is a good one

Edited by Vitriuos

:rak_02:

Sucks about the human skeletons requirement though. That explanation at least is a good one

The one time that BW took a Non-Human race and modified it to FIT on a Human skeleton turned out be an absolute abortion that nobody liked.

The current look of the Nautolin race is NOTHING like it was as an NPC. BW took a Human skeleton and put a Nautolin head on it, and the monstrosity known as the Nautolin Players Race was created.

Any of the NON-Human sized races would be the same thing. The wrong head put on a Human Body.

A Voss head on a Human body would be stupid, ugly and just suck.....

Edited by denavin

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I'm necro'ing this. Deal with it.

But wasn't there some BS Poll where we could vote for the next Race? and wasn't Voss part of that? Don't ask me why idiots decided that they didn't want it but thought the Nautolan race was the best plan.

But then again, I don't really see logic in stupid people.

We will. Just like you have to deal with the fact that we will never get Voss as a playable species for the reasons already mentioned in this thread and several others. And it has nothing to do with some poll or stupid people voting on it.

But wasn't there some BS Poll where we could vote for the next Race? and wasn't Voss part of that? Don't ask me why idiots decided that they didn't want it but thought the Nautolan race was the best plan.

But then again, I don't really see logic in stupid people.

Well guess what? those "stupid people" got what they wanted. The poll in question had, in order, Cathar, Togruta and Nautolan as the preferred races.

Only thing you seem to have is you're own disagreeable company