Regarding Unobtainable Gear

IramUnleashed

Based on the last couple of Anniversary events and the rewards for Galactic Seasons, as well as the 'Replicas' now available from PvP seasons, I think they're slowly working on making older rewards and gear obtainable again in new forms...

I really want my Vile Force Sentinel Sabers and Stately Diplomat armor set on different characters that would use them. That's one of the main reasons I want this.

Edited by IramUnleashed

Perhaps you should cite some examples of the specific gear you have in mind.

I already had. Vile Force Sentinel Lightsaber, Stately Diplomat Armor, there's also Black Hole gear, Foundry Gear, and other items that were rewards for completing the Foundry. Any and all unobtainable gear.

Edited by IramUnleashed

I already had. Vile Force Sentinel Lightsaber, Stately Diplomat Armor, there's also Black Hole gear, Foundry Gear, and other items that were rewards for completing the Foundry. Any and all unobtainable gear.

OK, fair enough, sorry, I missed that point, but I asked because there's loads of not-obtainable gear that's not on your list (outside of your reference to what amounts to "and all the rest"):

* Lots of individual pieces available from other old Flashpoints, e.g. the various "Esseles" weapons.

* The various gear (looks) available from the old pre-4.0 per-planet armour vendors.

* The empty-shell cosmetic drops from 5.X Command crates. Thirty two different armour sets, some good, some not-so-good, and a few truly outstanding, mostly with put-the-ugh-in-ugly helmets (my opinion), and thirty two different moddable weapons, including two magnificent Sniper Rifle shells, all gone for good, and attracting ridiculous prices on the GTN because you can't get them any more.

No because some of this gear was earned and they already kicked all of the people that earned certain gear sets in the face by giving it away like candy so it's a big no from me.

Who said anything about giving it away? If you already have it, it's legacy bound. If you don't, you can earn it the same way as before. With the exception of Ranked PvP. People shouldn't have to endure that toxicity unless they really want to. Then, an alternative method of acquisition will be needed.

As a player since launch and a constant subscriber, I could not really careless if people would get replicas or legacy versions of old gear there is still bragging rights that you had the originals when the originals were still in the game. I have earned lot of stuff over the yrs it does not bother me in the slightest if people gain access to some replicas or late versions of old gear for cosmetic purposes. There is still a lot of stuff in the game that most of those players will never have access to because they are not as likely to invest as much time or real money for subbing to actually get. In fact I want them to bring back the old planet vendor gear as there was some cool weapons and some cool armors here and there. 1 that comes to mind is a mask from Hoth on impside, also quest rewards had some variants of revan's robes, some cool inquisitor sets. Bounty hunter sets we almost already got all their good sets from Heroic crates that you unlock on Odessen or collections through the cartel market. There is also the potential for them to bring back the old black core crystal recipes that were lvl 50 and now are lvl 1 crystals. There is some stuff I am not so keen on them releasing but they can release slightly altered versions which would make more people happy. The game has been 10 yrs this December some of stuff people want back were really not that great to begin they are ok and do have a place in swtor and was pretty dumb to remove them from the game in the first place when they removed planetary commendations and other forms currency they could have easily just made them credit sinks and been done with it.

With LotS coming out and the direction they are taking the game it would not surprise me if they do not open up all that for players especially since Heroic crate Legacy Armor is being added to cartel collections and the Advanced Classes/Combat Styles being ripped off the Base Classes/Origin Stories we are likely to a return of some of the old stuff making a return much like we saw a return of some of the armors in Onslaught through set gear. Bioware does not put much time into new weapon and armor designs that much anymore outside of maybe what Ranked PVP rewards if that. Most of the stuff we have now for gear is either cartel market outfit designer crap or garbage looking gear that is really our sets and weapons.