One suggestion regarding a Lend Lease Act on Set Bonuses!

cunctatorg

I wonder if it is feasible to introduce a new function/functionality regarding the set bonuses; namely to deliver the functionality for a player to be able to somehow purchase the properties (aka bonuses) of some given "Set Bonus" gear (already in his possession!) and to transfer these bonuses to another given gear set, one of his/her liking!

It's just a matter of, say ..., aesthetics and all that; however it might be quite complicated and thus, not feasible...

I wonder if it is feasible to introduce a new function/functionality regarding the set bonuses; namely to deliver the functionality for a player to be able to somehow purchase the properties (aka bonuses) of some given "Set Bonus" gear (already in his possession!) and to transfer these bonuses to another given gear set, one of his/her liking!

It's just a matter of, say ..., aesthetics and all that; however it might be quite complicated and thus, not feasible...

If it is *truly* just a question of aesthetics, use the Outfit Designer. Check Swtorista's guide at https://swtorista.com/articles/how-do-i-make-my-character-look-cool-in-swtor/

Any armour you like the look of can be placed in Outfit Designer slots, except if it's locked to a class that your character is not, while you wear the gear you want the stats and set bonuses of in the "unnumbered" slot at the left end.

It is truly a question of "aesthetics" and best in-game experience. This and I thank you for the kind answer!

I guess many of us are pretty satisfied with the eventual choice of a ("custom" - by means of the old terminology) set of armor gear. For how long? That's another question, a legitimate one of course ... but another question.

I guess it's quite obvious that a certain combination of certain pieces of gear (combined with the "proper" dyes!...) has a lot to do with the quality of in-game experience! Take also under consideration the fact that the eventual choice has been a long and ... fortunate process, a matter of random -and discontinuous- optimization, so to speak.

Of course it's absolutely clear that i) the gear I do like has to do with my own taste essentially, someone else may like it but another hates it or doesn't care, ii) not everybody is really into "issues of aesthetics". Anyways there is (I guess) a considerable percentage of such players, mostly subscribers...

However nowadays there is a big change, namely the various amplifiers and, particularly, the "set bonuses"; either the simply amplifiable pieces of gear or the (superb!) full sets of gear, the so-called "set bonuses". I have to add that this essential boost has to do only with pieces of armor gear, particularly armor set and (armor) set bonuses. There are amplifiers for components of weapons, off-hand gear and more but -to my best knowledge- there aren't "set bonuses" with respect to the "auxiliary" (not-visible) equipment and the (visible!) weapons.

Modification amplifiers are just a matter of research, spending and adequate judgment, their creation and selection has nothing to do with the appearance of the set of armor gear of my liking. Gear amplifiers though and, particularly, prescribed "Set bonuses" (prescribed combined sets of four or six armor gear with inherent game-dynamics) has a lot to do with the appearance of my liking or not...

The first remark is an issue of the all-important (for many gamers who are after relaxation and amusement) "aesthetics", the second remark is an all-important issue of game mechanics and effectiveness...

The two remarks lead us to the question of the combination of the set of armor gear of preferred aesthetics with the (prescribed) set of armor gear with the preferred bonuses and game dynamics/effectiveness, the so called "set bonus".

Thank you again for your kind answer but the truth is that I have never made use of the "Outfit Designer". There are two reasons for that, I only used two armor gear sets (maximum!) for every character and it wasn't clear to me how to make use of the "numbered" Outfits... Laziness perhaps, perhaps not enough energy to explore their activation...

The bottom line is that I desire to combine the appearance of my liking with the effectiveness of the "set bonus" of my choice. This is obvious but how can I achieve this goal?

Conjecture:

a) I can (that's only an option I guess) get rid of any modification with respect to any armor gear of chosen aesthetics with just one important exception, the dyes!!;

ii) I must pick up a prescribed "Set bonus" (set of armor gear) with the bonuses of my choice. However I have to equip every piece of gear of the "Set bonus" with the proper modifications, to unlock ("reach") also all the amplifiers of my choice.

I realize that I must equip all the components of the one set to the character slots and keep the other set of gear to my Inventory.

So far, so good!

First question: which set of gear will be visible?

Second question: which set of gear will be the "effective" one, not the visible but the useful regarding the game mechanics? The one within the slots of my characters or the one within my inventory? How exactly can I manage these "allocations"?!? By means of the numbers of the "Outfit Designer" of course but ... how exactly?!?

I want to add that I intend to make use of only two sets of armor gear for every character of mine, one visible (just for aesthetic purposes) and one invisible (of course) for the sake of its various, all-important bonuses.

Thank you in advance for your kind answer, I'll pay a visit also to the suggested site!

Edited by cunctatorg

Any armor you like the look of can be placed in Outfit Designer slots, except if it's locked to a class that your character is not, while you wear the gear you want the stats and set bonuses of in the "unnumbered" slot at the left end.

Got it, almost got it!

I hadn't paid enough attention to this clear and lucid sentence of yours... :o

Therefore any numbered Outfit Designer slots is a potentially visible one, the (unique) "unnumbered" slot (at the left end) is the invisible but effective one, the active one by means of the game mechanics!

Two last questions:

i) how can I make use of the numbers for the activation of the visible set?

ii) is it an option to make use of a numbered (just visible) Outfit Designer Set without any modifications but dyes? I am pretty sure that dyes are necessary "there"...

P.S.: I guess that the armor gear set with the desired stats and bonuses (and the "unwanted look", the "hidden-to-be"!...) has to be installed in the standard armor gear slots of the Character Sheet, the standard slots of the "wearable" armor gear that is. I also guess that the (perhaps "empty"?) armor gear set -of which I like the look- has to be placed at the Characters' inventory too. Am I right?

Edited by cunctatorg

Got it, almost got it!

I hadn't paid enough attention to this clear and lucid sentence of yours... :o

Therefore any numbered Outfit Designer slots is a potentially visible one, the (unique) "unnumbered" slot (at the left end) is the invisible but effective one, the active one by means of the game mechanics!

Two last questions:

i) how can I make use of the numbers for the activation of the visible set?

ii) is it an option to make use of a numbered (just visible) Outfit Designer Set without any modifications but dyes? I am pretty sure that dyes are necessary "there"...

P.S.: I guess that the armor gear set with the desired stats and bonuses (and the "unwanted look", the "hidden-to-be"!...) has to be installed in the standard armor gear slots of the Character Sheet, the standard slots of the "wearable" armor gear that is. I also guess that the (perhaps "empty"?) armor gear set -of which I like the look- has to be placed at the Characters' inventory too. Am I right?

I've made a screenshot for this: https://i.imgur.com/GjLAC8I.jpg

The arrows are obviously something that I added:

1. This is the "unnumbered" thing. Select it to view your current "for-stats" armour. If this gear has a set bonus, you'll use it.

2. Click this to use the currently selected thing as your character's appearance. This is how you change what your character's clothing/armour looks like. If you're looking at the currently active appearance, it will be dimmed, and will say "Active" instead.

3. This shows that the currently selected thing is slot 8 (note the small highlight). You can have up to 16 numbered slots. Buy more than the one that's there by default by pressing the "+". Nerys's current appearance is a different numbered slot. (Er, yes, she's *supposed* to look like Thana Vesh.)

4. This thing that looks a bit like a piece of chest+sleeve armour enables you to switch the "unnumbered" display between the numerical values of your stats and the checkboxes in the section "Customize Appearance". It's currently bugged, and doesn't show a background in the Customize Appearance section, so it's a bit hard to read.

So, if you have something you like the look of for your real ("unnumbered") gear (some of it's OK), you can use it as your look by selecting the unnumbered-thing view and pressing "Activate".

And to answer the question about dyes, no, if you want your "unnumbered" appearance but in a different colour(1), you have to either just dye the real appearance *or* put the "real gear" pieces in a numbered slot(2) with the right dye.

(1) Writing this makes me think of that damned woman in Divinity's Reach in GW2, who's always asking the baker if he has "that" (er, bread, that is - the dude's a baker) in a different colour.

(2) It places a *copy* of the *appearance* of the gear in there, not the gear itself.

One last thing. If you like the look of a particular combination of things in the Outfit Designer slots, but the look you have in mind involves, say, not having any belt, or having bare hands or whatever, you cannot achieve that by removing the underlying appearance from the Outfit Designer slot. The underlying appearance will always show through if there's no gear piece in the OD slot.

If you want to hide the underlying appearance, you must put an invisible piece of armour in the OD slot (except for the helmet, see below). They exist. There's a group of deliberately invisible pieces under the name "Covert Energy". They look like you're wearing no armour on that part of your character, and if you do that, the underlying "real" gear piece doesn't show through.

To not show a helmet *at*all*, simply select the Outfit Designer slot you want to be helmetless, and turn *on* the "Hide Head Slot" checkbox in that slot. It hides whatever helmet is visible in the slot.