What did you think of Secrets of the Enclave?

Ardrossan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually one of your handlers if you are an agent will flirt with a human but not an alien, And one office worker cannot be an agent because he's an alien not speaking Basic. So yest there is racist tenancies for an agent.

Ah, I was thinking more along the lines of being directly addressed this way: an officer outside the DK spaceport telling you you’ve been drafted to kill monsters (the other classes are politely asked) or Crysta telling you that the imperials wanted you to do a bounty because a non-human BH was viewed as more expendable than a droid. There are a few high society events where you’re assumed to be some freakish intruder.

This is perhaps unrelated but in DK spaceport there's an imperial lady who - if you completed BT - asks you to give a report to a Sith inside the Citadel. Thing is, even if you did the FP she doesn't always give the quest, and I can't figure out if it's class distinction - a BH versus a SW, for instance - or if it's because the PC is an alien. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Darth Krovos is the most annoying companion. She pulls away your targets after you’ve leaped to them or you set up an AOE burst etc.

There is no option to put her on passive or disable her pull function or change her to heals and make Rivix the tank.

The flash point on story mode is very easy. Too easy in fact to make it enjoyable for me. I also found some small bugs in it that glitched some fights or the terminals wouldn’t blow up and I’d find myself fighting one droid after another for it to work.

It looks pretty and the story part is good. The under ground path ways are something new in swtor and while I can’t say I really loved them (because my monitor is dark), I can say it’s good to see something new.

I found the boss fights simple and un-challenging. Maybe they are harder in full flash point mode with a group. It’s certainly much easier than SOV. But with two comps at your side, shouldn’t the difficult be the same as SOV before the Nerf. And what I mean by that is the difficulty would be the same if you only had one comp, not two.

I do like that Bioware have gone down the two companion option to essentially make it “easier” for people who need it. This is my preferred way to make content easier for those who need it. But there needs to be some way to choose not to use the companion or have them on passive. And yes I know you can put Rivix on passive, but you then can’t put Krovos on heals.

If Bioware are going to include two companions, there needs to be away to control or semi control the second one as well as the first. We need to be able to determine their roles or decide who to put on passive.

And we need to be able to turn off that damn tank pull. That is the most annoying feature of Secrets of the Enclave and nearly made me stop playing the flash point story. It doesn’t make it harder or easier, it just makes it blood ANNOYING and frustrating. At the end of it I was yelling at her every time she did it. Sorry but sooooooooooooooooooo annoying. I can not emphasise this enough. It ruined the whole experience for me and it’s degraded the content.

1/5 because of the tank pull

2/5 simplistic boss fights

4/5 for the story

5/5 for being pretty and new under ground path ways.

2/5 over all experience compared to 4/5 for SOV (before the latest Nerf. I never got the bugs, so I throughly enjoyed SOV before the Nerf. Now it’s too easy as well :mad:)

Edit: I would have preferred they add an optional extra companion to SOV instead of nerfing it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Darth Krovos is the most annoying companion. She pulls away your targets after you’ve leaped to them or you set up an AOE burst etc.

There is no option to put her on passive or disable her pull function or change her to heals and make Rivix the tank.

I've played it twice with imp characters and i've never noticed this.

This is perhaps unrelated but in DK spaceport there's an imperial lady who - if you completed BT - asks you to give a report to a Sith inside the Citadel. Thing is, even if you did the FP she doesn't always give the quest, and I can't figure out if it's class distinction - a BH versus a SW, for instance - or if it's because the PC is an alien. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'm almost sure I've done it on all Imp classes, not sure about species though.

Malgus could’ve just sent an email. The FP wouldn’t have been needed.

So true.

Can't even say why he claimed it was a trap, that was vastly less impressive trap than Theron used and the later was meant to be on our side while he tried to kill us.

So true.

Can't even say why he claimed it was a trap, that was vastly less impressive trap than Theron used and the later was meant to be on our side while he tried to kill us.

Thats not impressive itself, and I felt a bit disappointed but he did this without being here and thats impressive.

Did Secrets of the Enclave on the Republican side and hopefully this time I loved it. Goyah is great and lot of new caracter.

Edited by LeoAugustina

My thoughts are this.

1) My character shouldn't see cut scenes they are not part of. All the characters have some kind of history with

Malgus

and that could have been used instead. Onslaughts been pretty good up to now about not doing this, unlike some of the other expansions. It really kills the immersion factor when you're seeing stories that don't belong to you. Or at least have SOME kind of explanation why you're in someone else's mind. Better yet handle these things like they did when you show up early to the meeting right after.

2) They need to pick different music for the FP. It's too slow and feels like you've muted the game and your parter watching a romance movie in the same room. In other words the music does not fit what is going on in the FP at all.

If it wasn't for those two things, it would have been a pretty good release. The story from a third persons perspective is worrisome, but hopefully just a fluke for this expansion.

I’m surprised you didn’t notice the target you leaped to being pulled away by Krovos as soon as you attacked.

I played it on both a PT and Jugg, and yeah it didn't come up. Mind you, as you noted the fights are so easy that I find they don't last long enough to be noticeably irritating. I'll be paying attention the next time I do it though.

Edited by Ardrossan

I played it on both a PT and Jugg, and yeah it didn't come up. Mind you, as you noted the fights are so easy that I find they don't last long enough to be noticeably irritating. I'll be paying attention the next time I do it though.

Are you playing tank spec or dps?

TBH, I didn’t notice it on my Sith Warrior or my BH. With the former, my tactic is to force leap into the middle and hit anybody in range. With the latter I start with blasting away with the AOE.

I’m pretty sure you expert players are cringing right now 😉

• 2 weeks later...

i'm very late to the thread here but....

imho , the problem isn't the FP content itself (since i also really enjoyed the lore & callbacks to KOTOR-2 and everything ... And it was pretty fun to play , albeit way too easy ...but hey 'story' mode & all, so np ) but rather the simple fact that it's just so darn short (from a "here's new content Update" standpoint) .

It took me about 90 minutes , on my Jedi Sage (healer) .... and i really took my time searching & exploring & slaying every mob, etc. --- Which is fine i guess , except that now i have to wait X number of MONTHS for more new main STORYLINE content?!?!

i dunno ... just seems way too long of a gap imo.

I personally enjoyed more of the KOTFE/KOTET periods when we had a new 'chapter' every month. But i can understand why that might be too much for EA-BioWare to sustain.

However, we're approaching the *10th Anniversary* of SWTOR , so i also think we (loyal paying $ubscribers) deserve more and deserve better. But of course i'll still hope for the best this coming year.

And yes i look forward to re-running this new FP a few more storymodes on my other Class ALTs , as well as grouped with guildmates on 'master' mode a few times too. :cool:

p.s. i know RNG is supposed to be "fun" for us gamers but umm yeah this issue/complaint is legit---> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=992673

Edited by Nee-Elder
great new content ...but ugh i wish EA would let u guys/gals provide new content MORE OFTEN

I did enjoy it except just a few dialogs within the FP. Well mainly the end on some classes. I mean this was OK for Trooper and Smuggler, not so much for JK & JC if you had returned to the Republic.

Not yet done Imp side.

I am still waiting to see if the Imp-side classes kill Malgus for failing, as Malgues has done so with other Dark Council Members for failing.

I don't like that Saboteur options were tied to making lightside choices only and that on Imp side there was no warning. The first saboteurs I took there were both darkside. The only reason I had jedi shadow make the light choice is that was labeled as saboteur but the imp side is not. You have to make the lightside choice then you get the saboteur option. And BTW the choices are not morally or ethically equal, not matter what anyone says

a droid is not a living thing, its just a machine. And you could collect the data and send it to the Empire yourself you don't need the droid to do after you make a copy either way.

. BTW despite the choices being labeled lightside my Jedi Shadow did not actually get any lightside points. to mar his perfect record.

• 1 month later...

I loved all the echoes of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 (pun firmly intentional). I love that I recognized parts of the buildings and the gardens. I loved that the trees were bigger. I loved that the droids were the same model.

I ADORED that Arn's dialogue for a non-force-sensitive PC was different between a toon that made LS vs DS choices on Mek-sha & Corellia but that for a Jedi it was all the same. Not only is it a HUGE attention to detail, like almost an easter egg, but the idea that Arn is more susceptible to dark side influence from a non-force user than he is from a Jedi? Is he just writing off the DS Jedi because he thinks the dark side is eating their brain but from a regular guy he's thinking maybe there's some truth there because "they couldn't be influenced by the dark side because they can't feel the force"? It's so fascinating.

The thing I love about the new content in general is it's like that game with two pictures that are subtly different and you have to spot the differences. Between the classes, alignment, and the sab/loyalist choices playing it on multiple alts is this constant "oh that's different!" with these subtle details. So clever.

Also the balance of mobs to boss was much improved. The skytroopers were too much, and it feels a lot more balanced now.

a droid is not a living thing, its just a machine. And you could collect the data and send it to the Empire yourself you don't need the droid to do after you make a copy either way.

As a Star Trek fan, on behalf of Data, I judge you harshly.

J/K.

But seriously, one of the things I like about Star Trek that isn't present in Star Wars in general is the ethical dilemma of what you do with an AI who has achieved sentience. If it can think of itself as a person and articulate abstract concepts like a person, even though it isn't organic, is it a person? Does it have the same rights under law as another alien species? Should it? The main Star Wars canon is very cavalier about those questions, and treated the droids like machines no matter how sentient (R2, 3PO) they behaved. I appreciate that SWTOR is more cognizant of the ethics involved in the way they present LS/DS choices and in having D7 exist in the first place.

On a related note, Star Wars canon is also very cavalier about the question of clone rights. Are the clones people or are they not based on how they were conceived? If they are people, then are they slaves? Is using them as canon fodder really something Jedi should be doing? These questions aren't really asked and they should be. Anakin WAS a slave, so the fact he doesn't ask them is, frankly, criminal. SWTOR does a better job, IMO, of asking the question "what value is a mook"? There are multiple points where, especially as a Sith, you can opt to just let the mooks leave and take your problem out on the guy in charge who is actually issuing the orders. I appreciate that.