Legendary Items Feedback

CommunityTeam

Please. Do not reset die weeklies. I cannot see any reason why you want to do that. For every one who wants to play many chars this is an absolut nightmare.

Especially the pvp weeklies if you do not change that only wins will count.

This is just one thing I do not like in 7.0 but I think one with the biggest impact for my playstyle and as I said I do not see the reason for that.

Its another change that seems to punish players for not grinding. 100% agree there is no need for it and very little justification can be made for it being a good thing. Speak with your wallet like the rest of us is all I can say.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. The less customization the less fun the game is imo. More was needed not less imo...

Here we're lucky if they even so much as acknowledge a complaint, let alone actually adjust what they're doing to reflect the wants of their consumers.

Still things like these Legendary Items vs. sets could be cool if it weren't that we're giving up too much else where.

If instead of nerfing/pruning they made that change I don't think it would be a big deal, and thats mostly my feels. Genuinely feels like a Grinch stealing kids favorite toys before Xmas just to give em back a cheaper version of what they loved before.

Yea it wouldn't have been so bad, had they limited the abilities to 2 of 3 rather than 1.

Discipline 1 - Ability 1 & 3

Discipline 2 - Ability 2 & 3

Discipline 3 - Ability 1 & 2

Still taking out Combat Proficiencies, really makes many class feel a lot slower & less FUN to play! That wasn't a good idea, they've made it easier for sure, while ensured everyone of same Class Discipline is identical too! So many prefer more options not less to customize.

As for Legendary's, despite only 2 of 3 buff's... ...not so much a concern, just most want to know what SET bonus will be attainable for several class. Also MOST hope that Loadout's will REMEMBER Powertray (Advanced / Extended) button placements for each Combat Style!

So far less choice in making each Class Unique, or different not more. :(

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

They REALLY should have revised all Weekly VET/MASTER Flashpoints / Operations to 75-80!

♦ Even if 75 level content still drops 306 or < gear, the weekly could have given 1 Level 80 Crate at least.

♦ With Renown we used to get several unless you were 999, and if so switching to ALT earn them.

People have 8, 16, possibly far more TOONs they want to see progress! Not enough 80 Level Content for a least a year!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Edited by Strathkin

• 2 weeks later...
With PTS now live, you can help test Legendary Items!

Please answer the following questions:

[*]Do you feel there's a good mix of options for each combat style?

There are 2 tank implants, 1 shield and one absorb, so there are no options or choices, to optimize you have to take one of each.

[*]Does one stand out as a clear best or not so great? Please explain why.

For tanks one is better than the other, but since there are no options or choices, and the bonuses don't stack, I guess it doesn't matter.

[*]Are there any other old set bonuses you'd like to see on Legendaries?

Bring in some of the bonuses from the tanking sets so tanks have some choices.

• 2 weeks later...
I play deception..prefer death knell. new legendaries make feel like like i've been robbed. i have maxed all my chars on live.Grinded to get my legendary status.Farmed endlessly as a solo player only to have all my hard work replaced by lack luster items. I dont feel like the new items are a worthy replacement.

How does the game inform me about legendary items?

Does the game inform me about legendary items?

How do players that don't follow this forum, find out about these items?

Good question, I was on PTS for about 2 hours and I still have no idea where they are. I found the mission to upgrade them but that's it...

I primarily play Arsenal Mercenary so for me, I lose no matter which choice I make for the Legendaries because they are just so underwhelming.

The only Discipline that makes even remotely good use out of any of them is the Healer spec, Bodyguard, because of Advanced Scanner and Random Charge allowing stronger and more frequent heals without messing up any priority rotations.

Arsenal has it the worst, the only legendary you can make even bare use of is Random Charge because of the increased Supercharged Gas stacking and faster procs. Arsenal already gives Rail Shot a LOT of innate increased crit chance, so the guaranteed crit package is wasted. A 2% damage increase for 15 seconds every 30 seconds is insultingly meh if you compare it to the previous boost Arsenal got with the Apex Predator, which made every 6th Tracer Missile cost no heat and do 50% increased damage. The damage increase could, if anything, not have a proc cooldown so if you use Heatseeker Missile before the duration is over, it refreshes and stacks, up to maybe a cap of 6%. Right now, Arsenal does so little with this Legendary that you can very well go on your way without it or gain a naked 328 Implant and have the higher stats from it make up the difference.

Innovative Ordnance has some semblance of a saving grace with the Random Charge, but it still suffers so much from heat management issues with the changes it was done, it desperatedly needs a Legendary that addresses its massive heat costs. The problem here would be designing the effect for an Ability that doesn't make it so blatantly catered towards Innovative Ordnance and can, albeit at much less functionality, be used by the other two disciplines. Something like "Whenever Supercharged Gas is activated, the next channeling Ability produces no heat." That's it, no stat bonuses or crits, just heat management. It would work for all 3 disciplines, but Innovative Ordnance would have something to actually work with.

TL;DR Merc Healers are the only ones who have useful Legendary effects. Arsenal is completely shafted and Innovative Ordnance has such massive heat issues that the sheer inability to properly rotate negates any strengths Legendaries might add to the discipline.

I have the same problem. I have no Idea how to get the legendary Items

There is a guy at the supply section who gives you a quest in which you need to get 100 activity points. Flashpoints, weeklies of any kind and winning PvP gives you points. Once you reach 100, you can finish the quest which unlocks a vendor for the legendaries.

Weekly quests usually give 10 points, flashpoints between 8 to 16, depending on which FP and which difficulty. No idea how much pvp gives.

Please remove Accuracy from Legendary Items. Think about PvP.

Pvp is not the priority or teh people who are stalkers would do the same than during the 6.0 you must have your stuff for BG only and a pve stuff for the rest.

So PVP is secondary...................... stalkers are the cancer of this game ................. and let me tell you that the priority in game play is PVE and not the PVP a lot of activities in swtor are PVE and not PVP it's only used in BG AND IT'S THE ONLY PLAYGROUND WHERE IT MUST BE USED so if you want some pvp ;-) so go in BG ONLY and nevermore in any other area and get a pvp stuff so do like the others use the BG or you go pvp in a other game like AION ;-)

Edited by darkbachus

FYI if you REALLY want feedback for these, remove the required mission to unlock them. I have no desire to grind it just to be able to actually give you feedback.

But it's easy - we want to see the bonuses of the best 6.0 sets.

Namely (for dps)

Descent of the Fearless

Death Knell

Aprex Predator

Meteor Brawler

Tactician

Established Foothold

Gathering Storm

FYI if you REALLY want feedback for these, remove the required mission to unlock them. I have no desire to grind it just to be able to actually give you feedback.

But it's easy - we want to see the bonuses of the best 6.0 sets.

Namely (for dps)

Descent of the Fearless

Death Knell

Aprex Predator

Meteor Brawler

Tactician

Established Foothold

Gathering Storm

I agree with this. I have no desire to grind to test this kind of a feature.

Right now, the abilities on the implants seem the same ones we had on the old pieces of armor. It's a litle underwhelming paying for the same we already have. I hope new abilities will come in the future. Moreover the abilities come on implants of a certain type. If the ability I want comes in an alacrity implant and I need a critical implant I'm out of luck and I need to choose if I want the ability or the critical rating bonus.

And, please, fix the color of the implants: red to the critical ones, yellow to the accuracy ones and green to the alacrity ones.;)

It seems as if too many of these legendary items provide completely boring and uninspired effects to the player.

Dealing 3% more damage is welcome because the numbers get bigger and you might want to and need the numbers to get bigger. But what is actually fun about a flat 3% increase - even if it is tied to some ability? It just seems really poor and when it becomes a default bonus choice, then it really has no point whatsoever. Because if everyone plays with 3% more damage, you might as well get rid of the bonus and just increase all skill dmg of the class by 3% or provide a passive 3% to all damage bonus.

There is nothing engaging about it. There is nothing that makes the class more fun to play. There is nothing to widen the skill gap to allow for some growth of your own e.g. DPS numbers by better play instead of a flat bonus. The really dumb part about the change is that you have just taken away amplifiers which were literally a flat dmg increase to all DPS specs because you thought it was bad design and replaced it with the same thing but much more insignificant and placed on a single item.

And while it ought to make life easier for super casual players who can't be bothered to google and look up basic information on well-established websites, in reality, the same players who asked which tacticals, amplifiers, set bonuses and stat caps they needed in 6.x will ask about implants all the same in 7.x - never mind the massive confusion with all new and different materials for different upgrade paths and such.

Quite frankly, to even ask whether there is a good mix of options is either ignorant of your actual work done or ignorance of how anything in this game works. The best and the only good implants literally just took a 4-piece or 6-piece set bonus from a 6.x set and put it on an implant - albeit with awful stat distribution. Everything else is basically a trap for the bottom skill level player who will pick some utter nonsense and then bother random groups with their inability to simply gear correctly or some uninspired yet still meta 3% dmg increase which is so absurdly boring and pointless, one has to wonder whether you have not outsourced this entire 7.x enterprise to people who failed at making mobile games and nobody else wanted to hire.

Oh my god, how bad legendary items for sniper/slinger are....like mini-shield that absorbs 7k damage (alies) for 320 iRating. Really?? And you give PTs 1.5mil absorbtion shield every minute or so and they can do insane dmg...

I can't even describe how bad legendary for sniper/slingers are in pvp. For pve they might be ok, but boring (3% dmg increase and 15 cd reduction on laze target).

Energy regen..what fun in it. We have sht tones of energy managment in tree and one more here...no imagination?

And again we have 2 general for IA legendary item and 3 sniper-spec. None accuracy and 1 def/absorb (***...like really?).

And for pvp...nothing. And i could deal with it if we had best burst in the game, but again: not our case

Edited by Araberen

I also don't like how Force Speed is integrated into both of those effects where you have to use Force Speed to gain the damage boost on an individual ability and reduce the cooldown of Polarity Shift.

For Sorc/Sage: Seconding this! I'd really love to see the damage buff unlinked from Force Speed and tied to something else! I was hoping for different Legendary effects from the current live set bonuses too, and feel like the healing related ones could be a bit more interesting. It's also possible they weren't showing up for me properly since I was checking them in a DPS spec (and picking Corruption in the dropdown), that might need to be clarified or fixed.

I was also excited about the idea of getting fun utility over flat throughput effects, are any of those in the works?

• 2 weeks later...

Target Eliminator Package mocks the label of Legendary.

Target Eliminator Package – Demolition Round / Heatseeker Missiles and Serrated Bolt / Shot increase damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

1% damage increase! With a trigger ability required!

No mechanic change. No priority change. No rotation change. No QOL change.

Even compared to other "boring" sustained damage legendary bonuses this is very weak.

2 specs (ignoring mirrors) can use this. The same vendor hands out flat 3% damage increases to another 12 specs with no upkeep or trigger requirements (Force Training Package & Locked and Loaded Package).

Unbelievable that an average 1% with an upkeep ability met the standards for being a legendary bonus on gear.

You're lifting the 2pc set bonus from 4(?) expansions and 20 levels ago and putting it in as a legendary. The 2pc bonuses were the trash bonuses to force you to get the full set!

Let me illustrate by borrowing the Shock Trooper legendary that 3 specs can use:

Shock Trooper – The Energy Cell / Heat cost of Shockstrike / Flaming Fist and Stockstrike / Rocket Punch is reduced by 4. Shockstrike / Flaming Fist, Tactical Surge / Magnetic Blast, and Energy Blast / Burst increase damage dealt by 10% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

That's 5x the sustainable damage increase plus a resource saving.

That one sounds like it has meaningful benefit and probably worth calling a Legendary. It is at least a 4pc bonus stolen from a powerful dps set from last expansion.

To be fair both the 4pc and the 6pc of the relevant Concentrated Fire set has already been cloned as Legendary implants and those are fairly respectable.

I hate the idea of nominating an old set bonus because every old set bonus for mercenary has been incredibly dull except when we had autocrit HSM/Mag Shot every 60s because autocrit HSM with the crit bonuses and hp bars at the time meant it was quite lethal and that can't be used because we already have Concentrated Fire Package which autocrits Rail Shot/Mag Shot on use of Supercharged Gas.

Every other set bonus since forever was +X% damage on X ability or +X% crit chance.

I nominate Missile Backblast tactical to replace Target Eliminator Package. It was always too weak to be a damage tactical but it could be a legendary effect.

Missile Blast knocks the target back and vents 10 heat.

Every merc spec can use it for general purpose damage/utility instead of the current limitation of only DPS specs with Target Eliminator Package.

Specifically for Innovative Ordinance however it ought to be known that Missile Blast has a damage proc and cost reduction proc yet is despised because it is not essential to the rotation, generates no supercharge stacks and costs heat.

If this tactical is made into a legendary option then when the proc occurs that reduces Missile Blast cost from 20 to 10 the true cost will be 0 due to the legendary effect of venting 10 and this can be comboed with the utility point in 7.0:

Hyper Cinders:

Periodic damage from Incendiary Missile has a 50% chance to trigger Volatile Warhead, regardless of the target's health percentage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

So for Innovative Ordinance specifically, by having Missile Backblast as a legendary and Hyper Cinders as a perk you can use the buffed Missile Blast every ~10s without risking a heat issue.

I would expect it to be more of a PVP option for the other two specs since a ranged knockback is extremely unique but incredibly rare to be useful for PVE.

Edited by Gyronamics

As others have pointed out, the way these Legendaries are currently designed is way too damn unimpactful and, if you allow me to say it so frankly, borderline lame.

Mercenary is the best example with it's Target Eliminator. a 2% damage increase for 15 seconds per 30 seconds is effectively just a 1% damage increase in the event of perfect upkeep timing. You might as well just remove the Legendary and give Merc a 1% damage boost across the board, it is that uneventful and unintuitive.

The only classes I can say for sure to have some great Legendaries are Marauder, Assassins and Operatives, and even then the list is a fairly small one. And what is probably the most bothersome is that every single class - yes, every single one of them, has 1 Legendary that is just a flat damage boost in some way, shape or form that is... really meh. Merc has 1%, PowerTech has a 5% (10% for 15 seconds every 30 seconds), and the others have just a flat 3% with no activation requirement (Except Marauder, who only gets it during Berserk)

These Legendaries are absolutely not worth it for quite a few DPS classes, as I have mentioned in a previous comment, the damage boost they give is so underwhelming that you can fully compensate for it by using a 330 Implant instead, the stats it gives over the 326 legendaries make up the difference, and with non-legendary Implants having Accuracy options, it also lowers the burden of needing augments and stims for that 110% treshold.

I can only repeat what I've said before, Legendaries as they are right now are downright not worth it, they are way too unimpactful both overall and compared to just how much they cost to get. They need to be buffed, hard, and they need to come with an Accuracy option.

We put up constructive criticism, but is anyone listening?

It just seems like they stand there, let it all wash away and then they will go ahead with these "AMAZING, GROUND-BREAKING, NEW IDEAS" for legendaries, amongst other things.

It is so sad to watch, read every piece of important feedback that is being cast on the devs and there is no response. With xpac being just little over 30 days away, my hands are dropping and I am not excited at all. They managed to do the opposite of that with their attitude towards the changes.

Someone would say: " you shouldn't be surprised, it's their usual spiel. Promise amazing things and then we get re-heated steak from the xpac before". But we are still hopeful, we care for this game and judging by A number of opinions and input people are providing, they should adress it in some way, shape or form.

I thought that 10th anniversary would be something different, a new fresh look at how the creators and devs look at this game and us the players. Don't disappoint us again. We are at our lowest as it is and hanging to this game just because we get hyped once in a while by new star wars content and we have friends that keep us going.

Please devs, say something, give back to the community. We are paying your wages ffs! Without us you will go to Microsoft working on new wow expansion.

May the force will be with you all

Peace

My feedback for the corruption sorcerer legendarys:

Both the empowered restorer (your godbubble gives a small bubble to allies nearby) and the mystics legendary are very underwhelming since they are the only 2 current setboni that NOBODY uses.

Please change the empowered legendary to the empowered one we have currently in the live version (bubble gives a heal/hot). I mean merc heals get their setboni as legendary so it would be great if sorc heals could keep theirs too.

Especially since probably nobody will be playing sorc heal in 7.0 with operative heal around ...

The other legendarys are (from what I remember) spec neutral and give a very underwhelming buff.