Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

Why can't you release how many people have been released into early access and what date your are up to? I really don't see what that information could possibly hurt, plus it would give everyone a better idea where they potentially stood.

Would you rather they spend time uploading this information for you or seeing how many people they can push into early access? I think I know which of these I am hoping for :)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But when I look at the launch screen it tells me "there is no subscription attached to this account".

Do I need to have paid for my monthly subscription to get into early access? That seems odd as I've never experienced that with any other MMO. Is it just an error or placeholder message?

Pre-ordered my game in September, entered my code a while back and I was in all the Betas so I should receive my early access invite...er...soonish? Eventually?

:confused:

Edited by BarkingAlien

Whats funny is people are complaining that their not getting into the game on the first possible day of 'early access'.. and threatening to cancle, or complain or whatever because of it.

Early access is a 'gift'.. its not required, and it sure as heck isnt manditory for them to give us. What is?.. that December 20th date. That is when they 'must' open the servers to everyone, and even then, they could simply extend the launch date to later if they felt they had a reason to. The only time anyone has a valid reason to complain is if they cant access the game (note i said GAME not server) on the day it 'officialy' launches.

Its funny to see how many people fall into the 'looking a gift-horse in the mouth' saying, as they complain that their not getting into the game as early as they'd hoped.

Personaly im just gonna check my e-mail and the launcher every couple of hours and see if im lucky enough to get in today, if not, then i'll do the same tomarrow, and the rest of the week. Even if i dont get in till the 19th, i'll still be happy.. why? Because TOR will have finaly arrived for me.

I feel sorry for Bioware. They could have let every one in at once, but of course it would be like every other mmo launch and there would be server crashes and wait times. Of course, every one would then flock to the forums to cry about how cowardly and pathetic Bioware is and what a terrible launch this was.

Then we have staggered launch, where people complain when they haven't been let in - either way, they can't win.

Oh well, I'll grab my popcorn and continue to enjoy all the nerd rage. Good luck to us all :cool:

what at ll does that have to do with servers and EE entry?? if it wasn't about money then what is it about?? explain?? its better to have more servers than not ebnough, they could always merge low pop servers in the future and it wouldnt hurt anything.

Pay attention to interviews. All mmo developers have stated that each time they've merged a server it causes even more people to quit. Why? People get pissed that they have to change their name, their guild, and other reasons. Merging servers is a last resort. You avoid it at all costs.

Edited by Rhyltran

Early access started at 7AM EST, three hours ago. That is when they said they would begin letting people in, not midnight. You will get in at some point based on when you redeemed your pre-order code, you have no legitimate cause to complain.

well they said its starting on the 13th and its the 13th for me for 16h till now...

Sod this, I don't even care about early access anymore. I'm just gonna order off amazon and get it on the 20th.

Can someone tell me how to cancel my pre order with origin? Because they seem to have an inability to answer the phone, as well as never having any experts on hand to help with ANYTHING.

Origin is bound to be swamped right now so it is going to take a while to contact them. Use the on-line chat feature instead. You will wait quite a while but you can browse and do other things while you wait. Type up your question/problems in Notepad and paste it into the chat window as soon as the CS rep starts with you.

Not trying to fanboui about Origin/EA here (their website certainly leaves lots to be desired) but their CS reps can hook you up and confirm everything for you.

Remember that if you just bought the game there may be a delay for when you can successfully enter your code. I kept getting kicked back to the main page every time I entered my code - this happened for an hour then it finally worked.

i got a mail saying i will be playing today, and i should already been playing for DAMN 16 effing Hours and NOTHING..... not playing today = cancelling pre-order...

bye

Seeing how the first emails were not even sent until 3 hours ago, I have no idea what you are talking about.

You know, Bioware could have just said forget the Early Access, and let all of us who pre-ordered be content with the extra goodies and still force us to play on the 20th. Instead they do the 'waves' of players coming in, at first giving us 5 extra days. Now it's seven.

Sure that means those who pre-ordered first might get a day or two head start over us who pre-ordered later? So what? To me that only means I might actually get five days to play instead of one or two before launch. AND I'M GRATEFUL. Grateful for something freely given that Bioware was not, in any way, required to give at all.

So to those who are whining, it's the equivalent of a man giving you a dollar, and the whiners slapping the man across the face saying, "Fool, give me a five!"

Rediculous.

Anyways, can't wait to play, kinda glad I work this morning, better than sitting here refreshing my email or somesuch. XD

So...I am wondering how "early" I'll get to play...since I pre-ordered less than a week ago?

///was playing RIFT, guild made the decision to come over in November

////didn't have the $$$ to do it sooner

I'll live, of course. ;) I hope to at least get to play a day or two early, I am sure there is no way of knowing...hurry up and wait.

Still, hopeful girl is hopeful....

i like girls

preorder July 22, 2011 enter code same day .... no email :(

if i go to my account on preorder

You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access

Color Stone (Virtual Item)

You can now download the game client and patch the game. Watch for an email invitation from The Old Republic team to begin your Early Access.

but on the account summary the preorder code option doesnt have a chekmark is this ok?

Update for Everyone!!! As of now out of my friends i have a friend that pre ordered the July 22nd and is in another the same day and is not in. All my friends that pre ordered day 1 are in. And i sadly at July 24th am not in. This is not a troll actual info here so take it as you may.