Why are there so many starkiller/Galen fanboys ?>.<

sithlordwulf

Yes I understand he was powerful, but calm down he wasn't the best lightsaber user or even force user which I have heard from fanboys . They don't understand I'm not degrading his skill I know he was pure power . But he wasn't a master lightsaber user or force user , he just used them both with pure power to overwhelm a target . Like a teenager with raw power who just throws everything he's got in your face . He wasn't a mastermind when it came to tactics in combat and he didn't use the environment to his advantage . Plus his defense would be **** compared to the best lightsaber and force users. Someone told me he could bring down a star destroyer well so could vader I'm sure . He wasn't as strong with the force as sidious who could use force storm to destroy FLEETS even imperial ships too on accident lol. So don't say he was the most powerful in any category . I would say Luke was a better force user cause he could control it better, all his kids he had were just pure force powerhouses .

TFU is on my personal Blacklist. It destroyed so much from the OT it's not even awful anymore. "TFU" is rather in insult to me.

Yes, people seek those who have great power are like "******" and try to imitate them.

At the age of 40-50 they finally realize that this is not everything there is to lead a life that feels good - except when they love money and might over anything else.

One thing the TFU protagonist NEVER had, was friends. I mean, REAL friends.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I liked The Force Unleashed, but I'm certainly no Galen Marek (he'll still always be "The Apprentice" to me) super fan boy. People just liked him because he had an interesting story and awesome Force Powers; like pulling a Star Destroyer out of the sky. That's cool- but it certainly isn't impossible. I'm sure Bane, Revan, Exar Kun (strong maybe) could do the same- and most definitely Palpatine or a Skywalker.

In martial skills, he managed to defeat Vader with great effort, which would be more impressive if his adversary was not more machine than man. Palpatine, unsurprisingly, killed him.

And out of curiosity: how did you know he had poor control of the Force? It seemed adequate to me...

The game was fun but people need to realize that the power he displays is just for gameplay reasons, hes not really that strong in the force, if he was then that would make him stronger than a lot of other jedi and sith.

People will say things like "HE PULLED A STAR DESTROYER OUT OF THE SKY" which is totally out of proportion to where his skill level should be (i.e much lower) and its one of the areas where they threw story out of the window for theatrics and gameplay.

The game was fun but people need to realize that the power he displays is just for gameplay reasons, hes not really that strong in the force, if he was then that would make him stronger than a lot of other jedi and sith.

People will say things like "HE PULLED A STAR DESTROYER OUT OF THE SKY" which is totally out of proportion to where his skill level should be (i.e much lower) and its one of the areas where they threw story out of the window for theatrics and gameplay.

I don't know my friend, I don't really see much logic behind your argument here- you're claiming that just every ability in the game was out of proportion or unfitting to the storyline- but Galen Marek's story is told TFU. That's like saying "Luke really wasn't powerful, the movies just had to made him look powerful."

I liked The Force Unleashed, but I'm certainly no Galen Marek (he'll still always be "The Apprentice" to me) super fan boy. People just liked him because he had an interesting story and awesome Force Powers; like pulling a Star Destroyer out of the sky. That's cool- but it certainly isn't impossible. I'm sure Bane, Revan, Exar Kun (strong maybe) could do the same- and most definitely Palpatine or a Skywalker.

There's a flaw in this explanation.

I politely disagree with the assumption that Skywalker, even in his post-Yuuzhang Vong years, could pull an Imperial dreadnought out of atmosphere. Luke Skywalker was powerful (although that might be my bias to my second favorite character of the franchise), but certainly not on that level. Most of the EU was kind of average before the reset...but read some of the books. His force powers are actually reasonable.

Palpatine is a different matter. He might be able to, seeing his usage of the Force is dark-side focused and somewhat reckless. But there's a difference between those two and Galen Marek. Galen was in his early twenties. Luke Skywalker in the new 9 book series was past 50 and Palpatine, even when becoming the Emperor...well...past a thousand? Kidding, probably in his sixty or seventies. Galen was a young man. He was more powerful with twenty than Vader and Luke combined with fourty. For a choosen one and his off-spring, that's somewhat disappointing.

His story isn't that great either. It's the typical "I lost my father very early, never knew my mother" archetype. The story would've been a lot more compelling if he was trained by Kento Marek in the light side first, only to be chased by Vader and slowly become the dark apprentice of TFU:Ultimate Sith Edition. Kind of like "I need to use my enemies weapon against him." style of change. The story of loosing his parents and being a "secret apprentice" is kind of Mary Sue.

His whole character reminds me of Me'dan from the Warcraft franchise. Overly skilled in everything, suddenly being trained by the very best. That character was so much of a mess that Blizzard decided to retcon him and give his staff to Khadgar.

TFU has somewhat become an insult to me as part of the EU. It completely degrades the fact that Anakin/Vader should've been the strongest force-user in the galaxy. It completely degrades even the wisest Jedi masters and Sith-Lords to mere puppets against him. And his masterful skill with a lightsaber (even to the level that both Vader and Shaak Ti could not stand against him), combined with his incredible power in the force? At the age of barely twenty-two?

Sorry, but Starkiller was written for the sole purpose of being liked by a very young audience that things being the strongest is somewhat cool. After reading the new Star Wars books, currently finishing the eight book in the series, I think Ben Skywalker and Luke are much more balanced characters than Galen was. Both are Jedi. Both have some degree of power, but they're not overly strong. Even in normal fights they struggle. They sometimes face an issue. That's what makes characters great. Heck, Jaina Solo is somewhat of a "over the top" character as "Sword of the Jedi", but even she is more reasonable than Galen. She was wounded against Mandalorians, whereas Galen would beat those guys up while preparing tea.

I really loved Starkiller when the game first released and I was in high-school. His powers were "so cool" back then. Now, approaching my middle twenties, I like the balanced characters much more.

In martial skills, he managed to defeat Vader with great effort, which would be more impressive if his adversary was not more machine than man. Palpatine, unsurprisingly, killed him.

I think you seriously underestimate Vader here. Vader was a slow fighter due to his armour, but in no way weak. If defeating Vader was that easy, why did Obi-Wan not try it earlier? Why did Jedi-Masters hide from him for nearly two decades, afraid to face him? I suggest watching the second season movie-episode of Rebels. That was one of the best depictions of what Jedi thought about Vader.

"We managed to slow him for twenty seconds. Now: RUN!". Vader was no enemy to underestimate. Defeating him, even with his prosthethics, was no small feat.

Edited by Alssaran

I think you seriously underestimate Vader here. Vader was a slow fighter due to his armour, but in no way weak.

I think it was George Lucas himself, or at least someone from Lucasfilm, who said that a lot of his power was gone when he was cut off parts of his body ... The amount of Midichlorians was never the same, later. Plus, it must've been more difficult for him - that's my personal guess - with his cybernetic parts of his body through the Force.

Most certainly, Darth Vader was much less than Anakin Skywalker was - apart from the duel on Mustafar, maybe.

I vaguely remember a study in which it was said that young boys like bad persons much more than older boys.

Me, in my age, I see characters so much differently ... I see nuances where I didn't see them before ... But to me, TFU is the Star Wars version of the British Newspaper called The Sun.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

*snip*

You know what my second-favorite part of your explanation is (after its utter, remorseless accuracy)?

The fact that I said the exact same things (although with less EU-novel knowledge) in the thread that started this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=602701&page=4

The relevant argument begins to start on page 4 (so that is where I linked it).

I'm the "Starkiller fanboy" the OP made this thread about. Which makes the irony all the more delicious, because the point of my posts in that thread sailed so far above his head, they crashed into a Star Destroyer.

I vaguely remember a study in which it was said that young boys like bad persons much more than older boys.

I always liked Darth Vader a) because he could be redeemed (I was born six years after ROTJ hit theatres so I've never not known Star Wars as a trilogy) and b) because he was a compelling character (regardless of his moral compass) - people snap to attention at his mere presence, but the movies never explain why. It leaves the viewer with more questions than answers, which is a good thing (when the questions aren't related to the swiss-cheese-esque plots full of holes so popular these days).

Bad people, however? Never liked them. Perhaps I was just a precocious child, but I've never been seduced. The only adulation bad people deserve is the cheering as they are put in the ground.

Edited by Diviciacus