Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boost Carnage

mrwayn
03.31.2021 , 11:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Econometrix View Post
Latest data suggest carnage is topping (or close to it) dummy parses:

http://parsely.io/parser/stats
How exactly is beeing 13th (of 18) and bellow average (-0.19) dps suggesting "topping dummy parses"?
Surely you didn't look at the 10mil parses, right?
Because that would be just silly, considering there is a grand total of 1 (in a word: one) parse for carnage and some classes aren't even listed, because they don't have a single 10mil parse (because everybody parses with the 6.5mil dummy).
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

alexroof
05.04.2021 , 05:28 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
This is what I feel like when I play Concentration when I really want to play Combat...but Combat is not good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7haqnQvrYfI
I dont want to judge here. Sure Combat is in a bad spot right now but still if u know how to play the spec properly u get your numbers. U have to work hard for your dps tho harder than most dps classes or specs these days. Carnage needs major buff. In my opinion remove the stacks and give us back how the Precision/Ferocity used to work. then we are back in the game with the Carnage/combat spec

Cheers - May the Force be with U obviously the Force isnt with the Combat/Carnage girlsNguys ;P

Sappharan
05.08.2021 , 07:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by alexroof View Post
I dont want to judge here. Sure Combat is in a bad spot right now but still if u know how to play the spec properly u get your numbers. U have to work hard for your dps tho harder than most dps classes or specs these days. Carnage needs major buff. In my opinion remove the stacks and give us back how the Precision/Ferocity used to work. then we are back in the game with the Carnage/combat spec

Cheers - May the Force be with U obviously the Force isnt with the Combat/Carnage girlsNguys ;P
I have done. It is simply that dying a thousand times to get the damage in is not what I call fun. I am not a good player, but I edge toward competence. That is not false modesty...when I play well, I am decent, but when I play poorly...ouch. My DPS can range anywhere from 5k (at worst) to 10k (at best). Typically I range around 7-8k. My numbers dropped quite a bit when I moved to Concentration because I am not as familiar with the spec. Even after months of playing Concentration, it is not comfortable. I guess it's just not my playstyle.

DPS is not the problem I am complaining about, though. It is burst. Combat has no burst. It used to be THE burst spec for Sentinels. Now it is lackluster to mediocre at burst. It is my opinion that burst, significant burst, should be restored to Combat because it lacks CC immunity and as a result, it is squishy. All the dcds in the world do no good when they cannot be activated due to stuns. The one that CAN be activated during stun (Rebuke) requires a utility point, and *IT* is a stop-gap measure at best.

chosonman
05.10.2021 , 10:35 AM | #14
Having a CC Immunity like skill like with Concentration would be nice to have. I know we get one with the Saber ward Mastery skill, but having another one would be awesome.

dready_tv
05.10.2021 , 11:56 AM | #15
First off soley looking at parsely logs to make a judgement on what's good or bad is wrong.

Second you can get 20k+ dps with average crits by literally just spamming massacre, how does that need a boost? instead of a "redesign" on the tactical. 1 button spam.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...9_14_59_11.png

Carnage also did get a "boost" when white damage got increased and it's damage is more or less fine as it is now.

Sappharan
05.11.2021 , 08:38 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by dready_tv View Post
Second you can get 20k+ dps with average crits by literally just spamming massacre, how does that need a boost? instead of a "redesign" on the tactical. 1 button spam.
Yeah, we're coming at it from different perspectives. I could not care less how it performs in PvE. It is PvP that concerns me.

Bird_of_Thunder
05.21.2021 , 04:43 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
Yeah, we're coming at it from different perspectives. I could not care less how it performs in PvE. It is PvP that concerns me.
It's semi-viable in PvP but it suffers from not having an ability like Force Crush which grants CC immune. Something like reworking Gore so that it's on a longer CD but applies it's e-net effect for longer would make it a lot better, if not overpowered.

Its on-demand burst and damage is pretty good already and can create a ton of early pressure, but it's missing a lot in its kit to where damage is the only thing it can do. The lack of utility like Fury has is what needs to be fixed. Impossible to play? No, but it's a lot worse than the other options because it's the weakest without CC immunity and the defense boosts of the other specs.
One Trick Marauder
Ebon Hawk, U.S --> Star Forge, U.S.

Sappharan
05.23.2021 , 08:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
It's semi-viable in PvP but it suffers from not having an ability like Force Crush which grants CC immune. Something like reworking Gore so that it's on a longer CD but applies it's e-net effect for longer would make it a lot better, if not overpowered.

Its on-demand burst and damage is pretty good already and can create a ton of early pressure, but it's missing a lot in its kit to where damage is the only thing it can do. The lack of utility like Fury has is what needs to be fixed. Impossible to play? No, but it's a lot worse than the other options because it's the weakest without CC immunity and the defense boosts of the other specs.
Agreed, for the most part. I do not think Combat would be overpowered if a change were made as you suggest, because it is single target damage. Yeah, you can make Combat work now in PvP, but again, it usually suffers a lot to get its damage in.