Returning player after a few years, quesiton about Lana bug

randomDisinforma

So, I was in the process of romancing Lana during my first play through of Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne. I noticed the other day that all my options to flirt with Lana basically disappeared. So I was curious as to what happened, and I did some research. I see there is a bug in her romance story that, if you are playing in certain chapters, her romance flag is reset after patches, and you lose her as an option all together. As I understand it though, the bug only happens before Chapter 9 of the KOTFE storyline, and I know that when we broke off after the party, I was able to romance here in the private room. As I understand it, at that point the romance is locked in, and will continue through KFTET. However, in KOTET, I have lost all ability to romance her, none of the options come up, and nothing I seem to do changes that. Is this still the bug? Or did the game glitch in a different way. Or did I choose to do something that ended the romance without my knowledge? Also, when does the H1 droid appear in Odessen, if that is the case, so I can fix it?

I have since finished the KOTET story line, and am now on Iokath fighting for the super weapon, but nothing seems to trigger the flirt option with her anymore, but it still offered me the chance to flirt with Acina.

Most likely you missed a Flirt option. Most people assume everything that goes wrong is a bug. In Reality, it's a player error. Side note I do believe her affection needs to be 20 or more as well. Edited by akdonkey

So, I was in the process of romancing Lana during my first play through of Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne. I noticed the other day that all my options to flirt with Lana basically disappeared. So I was curious as to what happened, and I did some research. I see there is a bug in her romance story that, if you are playing in certain chapters, her romance flag is reset after patches, and you lose her as an option all together.

Not exactly. What happens is that when you play KotFE for the "true" first time (i.e. first for the character, given that skipping past KotFE marks that as done), and the following sequence happens...

* You begin Chapter III and move away from the carbonite.

* You log off before reaching Chapter IX.

* There's an actual patch. (Server maintenance without a patch doesn't matter.)

* You log back on and play on until Chapter IX and reach the cantina scene.

If that happens like that, the game doesn't forget the romance flags, but it does forget to use them. (If you flirt with Theron when he arrives, the game will remember that you romanced Lana and you won't have the problem.)

As I understand it though, the bug only happens before Chapter 9 of the KOTFE storyline, and I know that when we broke off after the party, I was able to romance here in the private room. As I understand it, at that point the romance is locked in,

Not quite. You have to actually finish the chapter (which effectively means starting Chapter X) before it's fully locked in. The chapter ends after you speak to Senya and go back to the War Room.

If you decided to go off and replay an earlier chapter after the cantina but before speaking to Senya, and when you came back to Chapter IX you just skipped through it without bothering with the romance (thinking that "well, I already did this and I can't change what I've already played"), unfortunately you're wrong. Since you didn't finish the *chapter*, you didn't transfer the lock-in into the permanent record.

and will continue through KFTET. However, in KOTET, I have lost all ability to romance her, none of the options come up, and nothing I seem to do changes that. Is this still the bug?

It's not *that* bug, but a different one. There are other flirt points with Lana during KotFE but before KotET, especially during Chapter XVI as you assault Arcann's ship. (The last KotFE kiss with Lana is just before you go into the room where Arcann is.)

Did you have those?

Or did the game glitch in a different way. Or did I choose to do something that ended the romance without my knowledge? Also, when does the H1 droid appear in Odessen, if that is the case, so I can fix it?

H1-R1 (the droid in the Error in Alliance Records mission) appears only for characters who ran the Nathema Conspiracy story segment during a week or so immediately after it was released, and only if they were in a romance with Lana. There's an important question you can ask Lana (or Theron, but the bug didn't affect him) in the aftermath, and the game forgot whether you asked it or not. The bug didn't remove the romance, but it did require the romance to be still running.

I would guess by now that every single character who was ever eligible to play Error in Alliance Records has already done so, unless the player in question died or ragequit during that week or so.

Conclusion, H1-R1 can't help you.

Side note I do believe her affection needs to be 20 or more as well.

The stat formerly called Affection, but now (since 4.0) called Influence, has no effect on the progression of this or any other in-game romance. If you successfully lock it in, the various "Lana approves" notes (for flirting with her if nothing else) you won't have Lana at Influence rank 1, but if you don't do anything else to influence her (gifts, crew skill missions, etc.), it won't be anywhere *near* rank 20, and the romance is still perfectly possible.

Error in Alliance Records?

I don't remember that title at all. I only romanced Lana on one character. No problems. He married her after Iokath I think. They flirted before and after Echoes of Oblivion. So all is well.

I romanced Theron on one character, no problems. He kissed her before Echoes of Oblivion.

I romanced Koth on one character. He invited her to lunch after Onsliaught, if I remember right. Haven't seen him since.

I romanced Arcaan on one character. I was surprised, it was better than I thought. Flirted with him before Echoes of Oblivion.

Not sure if Major Anri is playing hard to get on one character who flirted with her or if she is just afraid to say she is not interested.

Tau Adair has become obsessed with her Padawan and forgotten all about my one character that flirted with her.

I don't know if there is any future flirting with Darth Rivix.

Not exactly. What happens is that when you play KotFE for the "true" first time (i.e. first for the character, given that skipping past KotFE marks that as done), and the following sequence happens...

* You begin Chapter III and move away from the carbonite.

* You log off before reaching Chapter IX.

* There's an actual patch. (Server maintenance without a patch doesn't matter.)

* You log back on and play on until Chapter IX and reach the cantina scene.

If that happens like that, the game doesn't forget the romance flags, but it does forget to use them. (If you flirt with Theron when he arrives, the game will remember that you romanced Lana and you won't have the problem.)

Well, I know that I didn't just log back on and play though chapter IX and reach the Cantina scene, I usually stop playing after about an hour and go back again after about another hour. I rarely played though an entire chapter in one sitting.

Not quite. You have to actually finish the chapter (which effectively means starting Chapter X) before it's fully locked in. The chapter ends after you speak to Senya and go back to the War Room.

If you decided to go off and replay an earlier chapter after the cantina but before speaking to Senya, and when you came back to Chapter IX you just skipped through it without bothering with the romance (thinking that "well, I already did this and I can't change what I've already played"), unfortunately you're wrong. Since you didn't finish the *chapter*, you didn't transfer the lock-in into the permanent record.

I didn't stop playing, jump to an old chapter and then skip the dialogue. This was my first play though, and I am very adamant about getting as much story as I can. I am very much a story person when it comes to video games.

Though, I honestly don't remember if I talked to Senya before I logged out for the night. Though I do remember the cantina scene, choosing Lana, and flirting with her then, and getting this kiss.

It's not *that* bug, but a different one. There are other flirt points with Lana during KotFE but before KotET, especially during Chapter XVI as you assault Arcann's ship. (The last KotFE kiss with Lana is just before you go into the room where Arcann is.)

Did you have those?

I haven't seen a flirt option with Lana since the Cantina scene.

Conclusion, H1-R1 can't help you.

Darn...

Thank you for all this. It's very much appreciated.

Edited by randomDisinforma

The good news in all this is that what happened to *this* character has no effect on any other character you take through KotFE/ET.

While this is true, it will probably be a while before I get to this point with another character again. I usually play through the game with one character, then lose interest and not touch the game again for a couple years, before I get the itch to play again. Though, I have been a lot more into playing this time around. Maybe I will pick my main back up(I originally played through on a Sith Inquisitor, but am currently playing through the Knight story line), as Hutt Cartel was the only DLC for the game when I last play him.

Well, I know that I didn't just log back on and play though chapter IX and reach the Cantina scene, I usually stop playing after about an hour and go back again after about another hour. I rarely played though an entire chapter in one sitting.

The key is that it *isn't* one sitting. It can be two or three or six or six hundred, but in between them somewhere there is a patch. (But if that patch happens, it prevents you from having the option to flirt in the cantina.)

I didn't stop playing, jump to an old chapter and then skip the dialogue. This was my first play though, and I am very adamant about getting as much story as I can. I am very much a story person when it comes to video games.

Though, I honestly don't remember if I talked to Senya before I logged out for the night. Though I do remember the cantina scene, choosing Lana, and flirting with her then, and getting this kiss.

OK, so that means that the patch-happened bug didn't bite you. I don't think it causes problems if you log out before talking to Senya.

I haven't seen a flirt option with Lana since the Cantina scene.

As I said, there's at least one other bug lurking in there that causes the romance to disappear, but.it is / they are sufficiently uncommon that nobody really knows what they are.

The key is that it *isn't* one sitting. It can be two or three or six or six hundred, but in between them somewhere there is a patch. (But if that patch happens, it prevents you from having the option to flirt in the cantina.)

OK, so that means that the patch-happened bug didn't bite you. I don't think it causes problems if you log out before talking to Senya.

As I said, there's at least one other bug lurking in there that causes the romance to disappear, but.it is / they are sufficiently uncommon that nobody really knows what they are.

Thanks for the info again. I very much appreciate it. It sucks that I got one of the bugs my first time playing, but I'll live.