QOL issues you would like to see Bioware address

EllieAnne

Not inspired by the game-breaking bugs. This is more of, "Instead of the daily login rewards that give worthless stuff, I would rather have ..." So these are not about bug-fixes but rather small things you want to see changed. And yes, I know there is a suggestion box so don't troll us on that. This is more about creating a comprehensive thread on the little stuff that annoys us.

Stronghold title cards. I know where I'm at! OK I get that the planet cards are a shout out to the current conquerer but why do we need it for our stronghold. And it is especially annoying since if you don't move they will not go away and even if you do move there are occasions that they stay up for minutes.

GSF - Automatic mission assignment. If you complete your daily or weekly GFM mission you have to run back to the fleet to pick up your new one. You can't do what you do in warzone which is zone there then pick up the Warzone mission like Conspicuous Valor. You could pick up the GSF missions there but why do I go to a warzone to pick up PvP missions? It should be like the Veterans Flashpoint weekly: you start your first one and you are already assigned the weekly if you do not already have it. I missed out on a point on the GSF because I forgot to go back to fleet to pick up the daily and with as little as GSF pops every point is valuable (doubly so if you win). So can we have a system where you automatically get the daily &/or weekly GSF mission upon entering GSF.

And speaking of always going back to the fleet ... or home planet. Can we please get a crew skills vendor that we can place in our stronghold, guildships and headquarters? There is nothing more annoying than having your crystals, metals, compounds, etc and find out you need some galactic epoxy. So you have to go to fleet or DK/Cor and pick some up. It may only be a few minutes out of my day but it is annoying. I'd trade Felusia Sato for a CSV any day of the week (and why is she always flinching?)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And speaking of always going back to the fleet ... or home planet. Can we please get a crew skills vendor that we can place in our stronghold, guildships and headquarters? There is nothing more annoying than having your crystals, metals, compounds, etc and find out you need some galactic epoxy. So you have to go to fleet or DK/Cor and pick some up. It may only be a few minutes out of my day but it is annoying. I'd trade Felusia Sato for a CSV any day of the week (and why is she always flinching?)

If you pay for large blocks, (buy hundreds rather than tens), the third tier of the Field Repair Droid perk sells "white" materials (including the non-white Grade 11 equivalents), just like the <Crew Skills Trade Vendor> NPCs. Buy large blocks because it has a 15-minute cooldown.

If you pay for large blocks, (buy hundreds rather than tens), the third tier of the Field Repair Droid perk sells "white" materials (including the non-white Grade 11 equivalents), just like the <Crew Skills Trade Vendor> NPCs. Buy large blocks because it has a 15-minute cooldown.

I know there is a workaround but considering you need to buy the field repair droid up to 3 level and then the droid has a cooldown, QoL would say just give us a darned Crew Skills Vendor.

Ohhhh, knew I forgot one.

On GSF, can we have a button to press to target that player right in front of us rather than having to tab multiple times?

Isn't there already a key bind for "Target Nearest Enemy"? And, doesn't it work in GSF?

(I can't recall the default key for "Target Nearest" - Target Next (TAB) and Target Nearest I have bound to my mouse's thumb buttons.)

Btw Shift-TAB cycles through the targets 'backwards', so if you TAB too far you can Shift-TAB back.

Edit - looked it up - there's no default key for Target Nearest Enemy, but you can set one in Preferences.

Edited by JediQuaker

Nearest means distance from your ship in GSF. Not necessarily nearest to the center of the reticle. So if you are trying to target someone in front of you 100K away and there are 4 people closer but to the sides or behind you, you need to hit TAB 5 times.

Nearest means distance from your ship in GSF. Not necessarily nearest to the center of the reticle. So if you are trying to target someone in front of you 100K away and there are 4 people closer but to the sides or behind you, you need to hit TAB 5 times.

I don't play GSF so I don't know, but in regular PvE "Target Nearest Enemy" tends to target the nearest enemy in the direction you are 'looking' (which isn't necessarily the direction you are facing). It doesn't seem to target enemies besides or behind you(r viewpoint).

It drives me insane when I am trying to send my companions out to gather some, say, lvl 5 underworld metals (just making this up, bear with me).

I have 6 companions, and each one has to click the underworld trading icon the pick lvl 5 from the drop down window, then select the mission.

Once I am ON lvl 5 UT missions, why does it revert to the highest level for the next companion while the drop down menu insists I am ON the lvl 5 missions?

So EACH companion has to maneuver thru the menu window to find the correct level it already indicates, select that level and then bear with the slow mouse wheel response down to the mission you want.

Rinse, lather, repeat for as many times as you can stand it before screaming.

It would be one thing if Devs acknowledged this issue, told us why it was difficult to fix. But they don't even acknowledge it.

If I select the next companion to go on a slicing mission, that's a whole different buggy issue.

Someone from Development, please start a character and train it in crafting. The bugs will present themselves.

Stronghold title cards...

Another old bug that has never been properly addressed. Simple fix would be to do the same thing they did with the DvL galactic sway notice - add a bloody X so we can close it manually!

Having a fixed crafting materials vendor for SH has been an ask since they gave us SH's.

this was much easier to manage before the materials storage, when the organized players could see the entirety of their vendor mat stock in a single glance. Now, and without any decent sort (grade, source, etc) functions, restocking can take much longer than the droid timer.

This issue was intentionally done to combat macro/bot hacks because the powers that be were too cheap/lazy to have much/any real time 'game masters' to moderate such things. It is also a long standing complaint that rather than tracking down the offenders and confronting /dealing with them accordingly, they lob 'fixes' that range from small grenades to wholesale nukes at players in general.

Edited by Kaveat

QOL things I'd like to see:

-All of the new interface bits added to the interface editor so they can be moved, scaled or deleted.

-Decoration toggles added so the garish, neon vendor and mail box icons can be turned off in strongholds. (Those should also disappear when I hide the UI) Another toggle to set companion decorations as either always holo or always solid.

-Dye slots for the old armor that never got them.

-Claim all button for collections that get learned (titles, emotes, mounts, pets, flairs)

-Collection unlocks for event rewards. Either lots and lots of event currency, or CC. (I would be far, far more interested in events if the rewards could be unlocked legacy wide!)

Crafting & Crewskills:

its been 9 years, crafting needs to be cleaned up and equalized on soo many levels:

> Make schematics able to be hidden, with another toggle box on top to 'show hidden schematics', because you never know when some closet RPing guildy will hit you up for that outfit you learned back in 2011 and have not made since and is now so obscure that it got moved to the 'archive' list that nearly crashes the game to open because it has so many entries.

- alternatively, you could give us a series of "Antique Socorro" quality 'droid at a workbench' deco's for each profession that we can transfer these schematics to and be able to make them from any toon (or just buy the item(s) with credit instead of using mats like you did with the heirloom vendors)

- I prefer the 'alternative', but will take being able to hide them as a crutch

> all equivalent grades should take the same amount of time to make a given grade of item

- eg: grade X components: all crafters but xyz has it at x seconds, by xyz has it at +80% of the time to make

> all crew skills should have an equal amount of missions and mission difficulties for their given grade

- this has been requested I don't know how many times since release

- Grade 11 Slicing still has only 1 lockbox mission, all grade 9 and lower have 2

-- Grade 10 Slicing is still missing lockbox mission(s)

> we have 6 crafting skills, and we are down to 7 craft-able augments. put the Versatile augment on the PvP vendor with the mastery crystals, divide the rest equally.

- that CT only part for the absurdly expensive latest augments: its not really as special as you tried to make it out to be. It is basically a 'universal prefab' for the new augment.

- adjust the schematic to require 1 crafted component from each profession and make it common to all professions.

> RELATED: Jawa Scrap Peddlers

- still 200 units of junk for a single node of G11 material; at worst, it should only be 10-15 per

-- the scrap conversion peddler in the fleet bazaar: the exchange rate is just as terrible

--- does anyone ever fall for these??

- Izzar still wants his stolen stock of Iokath Recombinator's returned, and we do too.

-- Izzar (and his kin) also wants the thief to be assigned to them as a "biological droid with a bad motivator" for an indefinite amount of time to help offset the lost revenue.

'Renown' and Legacy:

a) If one is at max legacy, the excess legacy 'XP' should go to renown.

b) once filled, the legacy bar should be it's own rollover reward, things that would be handed down in a legacy:

- a new set of collectible armor shells (akin to what we had from the alliance alert crates), unique legacy (collection unlocked on pickup) dyes & color crystals, tunings, and weapons; pets, mounts, functional droid companions (that you can put to work on crafting/missions), unique deco's, random event currency 'inheritances', a rare deed to a new SH (like say the long requested personal corvette as a 'legacy ship' with its own version of orbital support).. i think you get the drift here.

- either of these would also elevate the +legacy amp bonus out of the 'useless' category for many

> Make the renown crates at least drop items that are equal or better than the equipped rating. Having full 306 yet still seeing 302 out of crates is insulting.

'Conquest:

RE QoL:

> make the personal goal a roll-over reward, just like it is for renown. This way players that are not alt-o-holics can get the same rewards as those with more characters, not to mention that not so small and obvious bonus for your demographics being a notable upswing in play time as players no longer feel slighted for playing past the 'goal' and 'wasting' points.

> Make the Guild Ships actually relevant to the event by instituting an additional buff to orbital support that increases CQP for activities on that planet by x% (make x a multiplier of the guilds base xp bonus (not counting perks, as some existing perks would take this even higher and we don't wont to break it too badly)) if orbiting the guilds current invasion target.

"Sort of" QoL - most common complaint in CQ - seeing the same Guild(s) 'on top' week after week.

> lift the restrictions on which planets were available when, or at least increase the number of planets available in a given week (at least 6 every week)

> unless they are directly relevant and tied to seasonal events, do away with 'themed' CQ weeks. Either make new ones, or give us campaigns (where a guild picks a yield target for x number of weeks)

> remove large/medium/small from the planets

- make it a cumulative roll over reward based on activity

-- think akin to rampage where mark 1 = small box; mark 2 = +medium box; mark 3 = +large box

- once again doing away with the perception of 'wasting points' in the process.

Edited by Kaveat

> all equivalent grades should take the same amount of time to make a given grade of item

- eg: grade X components: all crafters but xyz has it at x seconds, by xyz has it at +80% of the time to make

Isn't that equivalent to saying that companion Influence should have no effect on crafting times?

One of the biggest QoL changes I would like to see is that BioWare is finally extending the character customization. Being able go give our characters an older look with wrinkles and with like a sunken face etc, or a sith-ier look and being able to make a Togruta that looks exactly like this dude: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ralon_Nys Edited by Jesseriah

Oh boy. The most important, and consequential, thing that needs to be done is tearing down the QoL paywall for subscribers.

Every pay-not-to-wait transaction represents active sabotage of our QoL, and in many cases crosses the threshold of being pay-to-win (purchasing companion levels, for instance).

Stronghold title cards. I know where I'm at! OK I get that the planet cards are a shout out to the current conquerer but why do we need it for our stronghold. And it is especially annoying since if you don't move they will not go away and even if you do move there are occasions that they stay up for minutes.

I would love it if this got fixed, but I also want a way to make the planet conqueror message go away, too. I really do not care which guild has conquered which planet, and besides, we can see the conquerors in the Conquest window. Like the stronghold title card the planet conqueror card can also get stuck on the screen. What I do now is as soon as I zone into my stronghold I jump and whilst in the air I open the map. 99% of the time the stronghold title card will fade. If that does not work then I do not even try to do other things, I just hit Ctrl+U twice to reset the UI. Same thing if that stupid planet conqueror card does not fade in a reasonable time: Ctrl+U twice. I really wish they would give us a setting to just turn those two off completely, but baring that add a close button so we can close them ourselves.

I would love to have more vendor options for our strongholds. The Republic and Imperial Medical Droids could also use an inventory update.

My wish list:

A revamp to the dye system. Separate dyes so they are all a single colour. Change the dye slots on all gear, including allowing all green and white gear to be dyed, to have separate primary, secondary, and tertiary slots so that we could mix and match the colour schemes.

A revamp of the stronghold decoration system. Increase the offset to +/- 40, add a Z axis slider and a second rotation slider so that we have full 3D manipulation, and make it easier to add multiple decorations to our collection (for ex., the anniversary decos, some way to add all 999 of [deco] without having to right-click 999 times).

Unlock all companion equipment slots so that those that can wear gear can have their outfit changed. Specifically I am looking at Hemdil Tre, Rokuss (I think they use a standard body, but if not put them in the next category), Veeroa Denz, Nico Okarr, and Paxton Rall. If I want to change those companion's outfit I should be able to. Additionally, those comps that use non-standard bodies (Arcann, "Deadeye" Leyta, Choza Raabat, K'Krohl, and Rokuss if their body is an issue) add customization items so that we can change their look (I know Arcaan already has two). I would love a Master Quilljayk style customization for Choza Raabat (better if there were a few colour options). Some new customizations for the existing companions would be nice, too.

More interaction with our character's love interest. I recognize that the VA work is likely the road block to more interaction with our character's LI, so what I would love to see are more letters from our LI and a series of repeatable missions where our character can spend time with their LI. The letters could be customized to the content with which they are released or be more generic. The repeatable missions would just be short cutscenes that we could pick up from a terminal(s) (perhaps fleet, capital world, and Odessen) that would allow our character to spend some time with their LI. Simple things like sitting in a cantina in various locations (Odessen, Nar Shaddaa, fleet, etc.), going for a walk (the Promenade, somewhere on the capital world, the market on Onderon), standing somewhere with our LI exchanging hugs or a kiss (such as at a picturesque location in Voss-Ka), or scenes that take place in the various strongholds (the scenes could be set to take place in a space without hooks, so as to try to minimize conflicts with deco placement, and only set them to take place in the opening area of the stronghold, etc.). These repeatable missions would only become available after completing the main class story (or jumping ahead to any content that marks the class story as complete), would only trigger for locations that are appropriate, so nothing on Odessen before Ch IX of FE, and they would rotate so you would not always be doing the same things each week, but eventually they would repeat. These scenes could be without dialogue, or they could recycle dialogue as appropriate, alleviating the need to record new lines and thus cutting that cost.

A setting in the character appearance options (where we unify colours, show DS transition, etc.) that we could toggle on that would hide the hood of whatever outfit we are wearing without having to wear a headpiece that hides the hood, since those can be removed for cutscenes thus making the hood visible.

Related to the above, and not very likely, but a rerelease of every chest piece that has a hood, cape, or butt cape with the hood, cape, or butt cape removed. Add these new versions right to the existing set in Collections, so that way if you already have the set unlock you can just go into Collections to claim a copy of the set, which would have the newly added hood or cape free chest piece added.

Personal quibble here, I really wish the front flap piece on the Jolee Bindo chest was both smaller (it was not that big in KotOR) and not attached to the legs so it did not stretch when in combat stance.

Way, way more NPC decorations. I want NPC's doing things, like how Jollo sweeps. I want NPC's sitting so they could be positioned over chairs or couches. I want NPC's lying down and far enough off the ground (since we lack a Z axis slider) that they could be put over a bed. I want Jedi and Sith in combat stances, with lightsabers or training sabers drawn. After playing EOO I want a pack of younglings in robes with training sabers, but children NPC decos in general would be awesome. Already mentioned above, but I want more vendor NPC's. It would be so cool if the bartender NPC's were actually vendors.

More SSR/SGR romance options. I know we already have a glut of companions, and adding more romance options with things as they are now would just dilute the romances even more (but not if they implemented my above idea), but I would really love it if they added four new companions. Two male, two female, two Rep side, and two Imp side. These comps could be recruited by our character as low as level 10 on the fleet (like Treek), would have their own story, do their own things, maybe have a couple missions for us, and would be player-sexual. This would introduce SSR/SGR romance options to the early game, would give more options than the few male, and very few female, options that are available, all of which are late game, and if the male comps were both Force users that would help to balance the male to female ratio of Force using companions and introduce a male Force using comp into the early game (Scourge and Xalek, the only two original male Force using comps, both come near the end of their respective classes stories). It would be really cool if these comps were from species that we do not have as comps, such as a Mirialan, or if these comps had customizations that would allow us to select their species. For example, customization 1 would make them a Mirialan, #2 would make them a Miraluka, #3 would make them a Zabrak, etc.

More character customization options would be lovely. Particularly for those species that are lacking or have been neglected in the customization department. I realize that there is a technical issue due to how that system was coded, so a complete revamp of the character design system would be fabulous. At the very least, some higher resolution textures for the character models would be really nice. Our character's faces tend to look a little dated compared to some of the current face textures that have come out recently.

More playable species. Echani, Zeltron, Pantoran, just to name a few. There are a number of near-human and humanoid species that could be added that do not require a lot of work, like Nautolan, but adding them would add so much diversity to the game. Others that would require a little more work, such as Weequay and Nikto, would also be lovely.

Well, that is enough from me for now.

Isn't that equivalent to saying that companion Influence should have no effect on crafting times?

wth did you read/translate to come up with that line?

This table lists all component times with only the guild fortune set perk reducing time by 2%, an influence 1 companion, and no crafting amps:

Component craft times by grade

Despite all their drum beating about equalizing the field, not allowing anything that presents an 'unfair advantage' over another player... 3 artificing times are off, grade 1 by a bunch, and BC is slightly under the average across the board.

wth did you read/translate to come up with that line?

This table lists all component times with only the guild fortune set perk reducing time by 2%, an influence 1 companion, and no crafting amps:

Component craft times by grade

Despite all their drum beating about equalizing the field, not allowing anything that presents an 'unfair advantage' over another player... 3 artificing times are off, grade 1 by a bunch, and BC is slightly under the average across the board.

"Make it so crafting the same grade item with the same Influence companion, perks and whatnot takes the same time on all crafting skills." Gotcha. And yes. It should, with a minor caveat for Biochem consumables and Cybertech grenades.

i will think of more later, there was a whole bunch of them in my head, but first:

Legacy Cargo hold in the cartel basaar

Legacy Cargo hold in the VIP section

Legacy Cargo hold on both capital worlds !!! ( it s beyond me why there of all places there ain t no LCH)

the ability to save active gear like in the outfit manager, which makes the re-gearing when re-speccing from DD to tank and vice versa or from PVP to PVE gear a lot easier (and without the gaer having to be in the players inventory, rather than in the personal cargo hold)

edit: the ability to save stronghold settings at any given time, which makes re-decorating and experimenting with settings a lot less clunkier ( as a lot of stuff in the game already is)

make every gear stampable in the outfit manager regardles if my char can wear it or not... it s cosmetic anyway, so it shouldn t matter

Edited by Dimitir

yes, I hate they way it pops back up to max level when you click on another companion.

And since they never comment on it, we do not know if this is an actual bug or one of their 'unpublished' changes in their ongoing war against botting

i will think of more later, there was a whole bunch of them in my head, but first:

Legacy Cargo hold in the cartel basaar

Legacy Cargo hold in the VIP section

Legacy Cargo hold on both capital worlds !!! ( it s beyond me why there of all places there ain t no LCH)

the ability to save active gear like in the outfit manager, which makes the re-gearing when re-speccing from DD to tank and vice versa or from PVP to PVE gear a lot easier (and without the gaer having to be in the players inventory, rather than in the personal cargo hold)

edit: the ability to save stronghold settings at any given time, which makes re-decorating and experimenting with settings a lot less clunkier ( as a lot of stuff in the game already is)

make every gear stampable in the outfit manager regardles if my char can wear it or not... it s cosmetic anyway, so it shouldn t matter

oooh, got another one, also i m quotin myself in order to bump the OP... this needs to get attention

the ability to claim SINGLE items out of once unlocked armor sets... if i want these Relaxed Vestment Boots to combine with other stuff, i don t want to drag a whole set into my inventory and having to tediously delete the other items sans the boots

Clearer indications of where the Rakghoul event contact person is on each of the planets. The mission in the Activities menu has a QT to the tunnels but going to the contact person (a doctor, usually) still involves remembering where they will be (4 planets, 2 factions) or looking up on Dulfy.

Actually what I'd like to see is a better reporting system. If you are standing beside someone, and they are being <redacted>, when you right click and report, you've a host of options. But if you aren't beside them, the only option is to report as spam, which probably gets ignored. I'd like to see the system be the same, whether you are beside the offender or on the other side of the planet.