Returning player a few questions about the expansions.

daddysds

Hello everyone I stopped playing back when rise of the hutt cartel was the new thing I've since completed ROTC and SoR and am in the process of finishing up all remaining class origin stories as I left them unfinished or never started them.

My main questions revolve around KoTFE and onward and what I could find on the forums and google isn't answering my questions specifically enough.

1. I am aware that companions leave starting KoTFE and that they will slowly return to you over the course of the story do their influence levels change anything when it starts be it lvl 9 or lvl 50

2. When companions die (specifically the class companions I could care less about any of them added in the expansions) are you able to get them back after the completion of the story ( that I assume is onslaught? ) or are you perma out of that companion I've put a lot of work into getting all my companions to lvl 50 and if any of them die that is unavoidable I'm going to be more than little salty.

3. If I was to start the campaign on say my smuggler before completing all of the original 8 classes would that change anything?

If I can get answers to these questions then I can decide how I want to go from here/

My main questions revolve around KoTFE and onward and what I could find on the forums and google isn't answering my questions specifically enough.

Make sure to do Rise of the Emperor (Ziost)(1) on at least one character before starting KotFE because it contains some important background material that explains what people are bickering about during most of the early part of KotFE and (to a lesser extent) on into KotET and beyond.

1. I am aware that companions leave starting KoTFE and that they will slowly return to you over the course of the story do their influence levels change anything when it starts be it lvl 9 or lvl 50

They come back with the same Influence rank they had when you began KotFE.

2. When companions die (specifically the class companions I could care less about any of them added in the expansions) are you able to get them back after the completion of the story ( that I assume is onslaught? ) or are you perma out of that companion I've put a lot of work into getting all my companions to lvl 50 and if any of them die that is unavoidable I'm going to be more than little salty.

After the end of KotFE Chapter IX, in fact. The mechanism is a bit spoilerish:

After Chapter IX of KotFE, you have a base on the planet Odessen, and part of that base is a "Personal Phase". It contains the Alliance War Room, and inside that phase, there's a small room that is, in essence, your character's bedroom. There's a terminal in there that lets you reclaim the not-yet-returned and already-dead-or-banished companions. If you reclaim a not-yet-returned companion, and then later go through the companion's actual return, the companion will briefly disappear again at the beginning of the relevant chapter / alert, and reappear as you do the content.

3. If I was to start the campaign on say my smuggler before completing all of the original 8 classes would that change anything?

Not at all.

(1) RotE is a separate release that wasn't actually part of SoR.

Make sure to do Rise of the Emperor (Ziost)(1) on at least one character before starting KotFE because it contains some important background material that explains what people are bickering about during most of the early part of KotFE and (to a lesser extent) on into KotET and beyond.

Yes, Ziost is in the flowchart as a part of SoR, so I've finished it on my smuggler, but I stopped there to get questions answered.

So there is a mechanic that will allow you to get at least your base companions back even if they die or go missing during KotFE or KotET this was my major concern, so thank you.

For the third part, nothing I did prior in the Chapter 1/2/3 RotHC and SoR has any bearing on the story ahead then? And my other alts will still be able to finish their main stories and only my smuggler would be locked out of previous content ( That I've more than likely already completed all the way up to Ziost ) I read that some companions can have different things happen depending upon what you did in the original story is this incorrect?

Yes, Ziost is in the flowchart as a part of SoR, so I've finished it on my smuggler, but I stopped there to get questions answered.

So there is a mechanic that will allow you to get at least your base companions back even if they die or go missing during KotFE or KotET this was my major concern, so thank you.

For the third part, nothing I did prior in the Chapter 1/2/3 RotHC and SoR has any bearing on the story ahead then? And my other alts will still be able to finish their main stories and only my smuggler would be locked out of previous content ( That I've more than likely already completed all the way up to Ziost ) I read that some companions can have different things happen depending upon what you did in the original story is this incorrect?

Your characters are independent, what you did with one character won't affect the others.

Mostly romanced companions have different dialogues upon returning.

Some companions with dark/light side differences will have different reunion scenes.

But all those differences only happen to that very character.

For example, I have a Light Side Agent, and a Dark Side Agent on the same server. What I made my LS Agent do won't effect any options for my DS Agent.

In short, you can try all options/possibilities with your alts.

Yes, Ziost is in the flowchart as a part of SoR

From a pedantic point of view, this is wrong - they are separate releases, and there's no trace of Revan in Rise of the Emperor.

For the third part, nothing I did prior in the Chapter 1/2/3 RotHC and SoR has any bearing on the story ahead then?

It depends on which class you play through KotFE etc. There will be *mentions* of who you are (just as there are in SoR / RotE), and people will greet an Inquisitor (Assassin/Sorcerer) by the Darth title you receive at the end of the class story.

Companion romances, naturally, are carried through, with some interactions with new romances that become available as part of KotFE.

The other thing, off the top of my head, that will come back to haunt you, is the version of Jaesa Wilsaam that a Sith Warrior recruits at the end of Chapter 1. She comes back as the same version you recruited.

And my other alts will still be able to finish their main stories and only my smuggler would be locked out of previous content ( That I've more than likely already completed all the way up to Ziost ) I read that some companions can have different things happen depending upon what you did in the original story is this incorrect?

As noted, your different characters are completely independent of each other, and have no effect on each other's stories.

Please note story-wise not all original companions come back, you can get the companion back using the terminal on Odessen. The comp is just not part of your story going forward. However this only really applies to a few as most you get to chose from the story point of view.

Downside is most companions that are considered in a quantum state as in could be with you, may have left you, you refuse to take back or they re-join you, as part of your characters choice, or could be dead or alive for different players are really seen again story-wise. You can still run around with them doing daily quest and can still send out on crew missions.

I won't list any comp this could or may apply to, but if as you say have done your research you probably already know,

Understood guys alright thanks that answers all of my questions then so I can go ahead and finish up my other class stories and then jump right into the rest of the expansions with my smuggler.

Yes, Smuggler is a good one to start with for companions, Jedi or Sith are good from a more logical story point of view. However that is something many here disagree with. Maybe once you have done all classes it be interesting in what you thought. I personally like KotFE but is is very much like Marmite, you will love it or hate it.

No, their influence level is retained. Those that return as part of KOTFE/ET may even have their same influence during KOT+, but I can't recall for sure.

2. When companions die, are you able to get them back after the completion of the story, or are you perma out of that companion?

There are some instances during KOT and subsequent stories, where you have the option to kill, abandon, or save various companions. I don't think there's ever a time when your class companions "must" die. (but a couple haven't returned yet.)

There is a time when you have to choose between saving one of two companions, but only one (if either) is your class companion, and therefore, might have some influence level or gear you don't want to lose.

No.

Edited by JediQuaker