10 years Anniversary

KrukPL

They might, they did something for the five year anniversary (which then became a debauckal when they accidentally give it to everyone last year), but if they do we will have to wait until next year to find out. This year is the ninth anniversary.

They should give smth for free for people like me who started subscription for several years and to that day still doesn't stop even for a day.

OK, but what hides in that word "several"?

Is it enough for it to be five years(1) continuous? What would the proposal do to handle people who had a glitch when renewing and had a whole business day of not-subscribed status? Etc.

(1) That "five" is not entirely "picked out of thin air" ==> I subscribed in mid-2015 (second half of July) and haven't let it drop since.

OK, but what hides in that word "several"?

Is it enough for it to be five years(1) continuous? What would the proposal do to handle people who had a glitch when renewing and had a whole business day of not-subscribed status? Etc.

(1) That "five" is not entirely "picked out of thin air" ==> I subscribed in mid-2015 (second half of July) and haven't let it drop since.

They could rerelease the 5th year sub reward (the updated one) , for people who've had a continuous sub for 5+ years, and if they do bring a 10 year one out, it should be for people that are subbed 10+, and pop for any players that reach that point in the future. As for glitches, they could set it so people who's sub was broken for a week here or there would still get it, that 'should' cover most glitches. Anything else, could be rewarded by a cs agent, when the anniversary 'ding' happens.

On the livestream yesterday they said there would be something special for the 10th anniversary, understandable it is still a year away so none were willing to say what that something special was. I doubt very much you will hear anything about it for at least 6-9 months. Edited by DreadtechSavant

I don’t need some new shiny or anything for the 10 years I would have been subbed for.

I’d be happy if they released a new fully “paid” expansion for the 10 years that fixed all the bugs and performance issues and maybe ported the game to a new engine or at least 64 bit version of hero.

But I know that’s probably asking a lot :D

Still, it is on my wish list.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I don’t need some new shiny or anything for the 10 years I would have been subbed for.

I’d be happy if they released a new fully “paid” expansion for the 10 years that fixed all the bugs and performance issues and maybe ported the game to a new engine or at least 64 bit version of hero.

But I know that’s probably asking a lot :D

Still, it is on my wish list.

Ummm..

I'd pay additional good money for that !!

:D

At any rate. I think we all have several items on a wish list of sorts ( new class** / SH ** ) and a really cool story that will actually be a lot of fun: setting the stage for "future" events.

One thing that might be a long shot (as far as mementos are concerned) ... Kind of wonder what the possibilities of a 3-D figure of one or two of our favorite characters (posed) with a specific selected set of gear.

(yeah .. I know. This would be a real stretch. BUT really cool if we could get it !) ;)

** Note: shameless plugs for personal suggestions made over the last few years!!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Personally, I would prefer a "founders" thing.

Or even just a thing for everyone who's a subscriber when the 10th comes around.

Possibly, they could do several tiered things, so that they reward everyone.

I'm a founder, but I had to let my subscription go when I became unemployed.

Then, later, I simply dropped out because I was kinda tired of the game at that time.

But I keep coming back.

Would be nice to get something for that.

Personally, I would prefer a "founders" thing.

Or even just a thing for everyone who's a subscriber when the 10th comes around.

Possibly, they could do several tiered things, so that they reward everyone.

I'm a founder, but I had to let my subscription go when I became unemployed.

Then, later, I simply dropped out because I was kinda tired of the game at that time.

But I keep coming back.

Would be nice to get something for that.

If they did a founders thing, then it would only be for the very few who have had a non-breaking continual sub for 10 years. That would exclude far far to many present players. Personally I hope BW do anything but that.

A fully paid expansion I could live with, Bug fixes would be a none starter for me as in the past bug fixes just present new never seen bugs, so as an anniversary gift seems pointless, not that I would object to any bug fixes that come along but as there really should not be bugs to begin with it not really a gift is it.

A new engine? I would need to know more, such as will players with older PC's still be able to play? If the answer is yes then sure.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

founders, or founders that stayed subbed :p

Just Founders - some Founders haven't always been subbed. 😇

Btw, when the anniversary comes around I will have been subbed for 8+ years out of 10. There was a gap about 4-5 years ago when I tried WoW and GW2 for a bit. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

I don't generally begrudge people nice things, but as someone who approaches eight years of continuous sub, who will be close to nine years of sub for the 10th anniversary, it'd feel rather messed up if someone who was subbed only for the first and tenth year would get awarded something that someone with nine continuous years did not. If there's gonna be something for founders, then just for the ones that have been here and subbed for the full ten years, in my opinion.

Even that, though.. I was not upset with the Founder-to-five-years reward, but if that sort of thing is going to be a pattern, without any other sort of tier system, then with every time it happens it's going to be feeling more sour, that people that have been here a little longer than I've been are appreciated more than I am, but that I'm not appreciated any more than someone subscribing yesterday.

I would hope and expect that they plan to do something to try and make everyone happy, though, with how they've already been talking about it even though it's more than a year away still.

If they do give a 10-year anniversary reward, I hope it's not exclusively for those who've been subbed for 120 consecutive months. I've been subbed almost concurrently since launch, but it'd suck missing some reward because of a couple of months where I did have the financial stability and a few others where I tried other games. =\

A founder basis, or maybe a "Subscribed for more than X" thing would be nice, though.

If they do give a 10-year anniversary reward, I hope it's not exclusively for those who've been subbed for 120 consecutive months. I've been subbed almost concurrently since launch, but it'd suck missing some reward because of a couple of months where I did have the financial stability and a few others where I tried other games. =\

A founder basis, or maybe a "Subscribed for more than X" thing would be nice, though.

I left for a while ... but kept my account subbed. I only logged on long enough to "update". However ... somewhere in there we had a problem with our charge card. Ultimately a "NEW" card had to be issued! I thought I had covered all the basses ... but missed one !! This game account number was not changed! My subscription had lapsed for one or two months!!

(OOPS ! ) ... My bad ! That was on me !

Sooo yeah ! I get most of the rewards. But I did miss one or two for that momentary lapse! Fortunately I had logged in and tried to update!

Obviously we came back. WOW had made some BAD moves. And IMO ... they're still trying to figure some stuff out!

Ata any rate .. back on topic ...

I'm certain that there will be several 10th ANNIVERSARY items that will come available. Hopefully something like:

** Items for new comers !! (they should be able to celebrate as well)

** Items for those who have been here for 10 years (well.. for the most part ! ) ;)

** And hopefully something we can keep for years to come ( like a 3-D model)

In any event ... I'm looking forward to see what comes next !

** Items for new comers !! (they should be able to celebrate as well)

** Items for those who have been here for 10 years (well.. for the most part ! ) ;)

** And hopefully something we can keep for years to come ( like a 3-D model)

In any event ... I'm looking forward to see what comes next !

They'll have the usual anniversary vendors, you can see some of the stuff for year 9 already on the PTS, so everyone, even new players will get the year 10 ones.

I missed the founder title for about 3 months or so, and unfortunately the 5th year statue, but my sub has be continuous since then, so hopefully that'll be recognised ;)