Gunships

DrKrwemill

So I just had a look at a class I never play, because I have self-esteem. Gunships.

I looked at the components and bursted in laughter.

That ship (which never occured anywhere in all SW universe). Not only it has a 15 click ranged cannon, it also has: Distortion field, Lightweight armor and burst cannons. Congratulations Devs, your 10-yr old kid's dream about indestructible and all-powerful ship came true. Anyone who manages to die and have a low score in this thing cannot be called a good player. You made something like Flashfire, just with ranged cannon that can blast you with single shot.

Any veteran who use this ship just to get kills is outright deplorable.

You have lowered yourself to the same level as the notorious slicers, like Ten Chi or Dash one (Malgus - I think they are the same person).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how do you fare in this ship?

Or, in slicing ships.

If its easy.

Gunship is not indestructible.

Slicing is hard to use in the proper way.

Dont know the other guy, but Dash One is not a good example. He is at best an annoyance. But far from carry worthy if he is slicing in most matches.

possibly 10 kills with 25k damage is not exemplary.

he is merely finishing off others targets most of the time.

which isnt anything to write home about.

Or, in slicing ships.

If its easy.

Dont know the other guy, but Dash One is not a good example. He is at best an annoyance. But far from carry worthy if he is slicing in most matches.

How do I fare? I jumped into gunship once. In the stock gunship with completely no experience. I think it was quarrel. I went straight for damage boost. loaded the cannon and sniped a ship from 100% to 0%. I never used that **** afterwards anymore.

Or, in slicing ships.

If its easy.

You are missing my point. I just had a match with other side used 5 gunships, one of them had a 20 kills or so, because he was sniping the respawn point. My side was completely helpless to do anything about it.

The ******* like him are the cause GSF doesnt get almost any new players. Its too discouraging. I was talking mostly about this situation. He is a veteran and just stay there, bullies all other players unlucky enough to be in the opposite team. In a ship that has the same defenses as a scout and 15k cannon.

the order of easy to hard ships to fly are:

Bomber-easiest

Strike-still easiest, but not as easy as bomber

Gunship-moderate to be decent at/hard to be good at

Scout-hard to be decent/and even harder to be good at.

You are confident in this but its just your subjective opinion. Players have preferences.

it isnt subjective. And, because you sniped a ship with DO once, doent meant anything. What was your finishing score?

Have you played multiple matches in gunship, even against good opposition and still done well?

And, how have you fared with defense in the gunship? Defense is a bigger portion of gunship play than anything. Anyone can sit and shoot if you have no one harassing you.

Also, the top tier gunship pilots can use strafe very well. Thats the peak-a-boo maneuver you can do to move into shooting position, while powering up your railgun, shoot, and move back down below cover. The good ones that do this appear to be shooting "thru" the object they are hiding behind.

DO is always desirable, no matter the ship.

You can also learn the locations of DO in each map, if you so wish.

The information is in this forum.

it isnt subjective. And, because you sniped a ship with DO once, doent meant anything. What was your finishing score?

Have you played multiple matches in gunship, even against good opposition and still done well?

And, how have you fared with defense in the gunship? Defense is a bigger portion of gunship play than anything. Anyone can sit and shoot if you have no one harassing you.

Also, the top tier gunship pilots can use strafe very well. Thats the peak-a-boo maneuver you can do to move into shooting position, while powering up your railgun, shoot, and move back down below cover. The good ones that do this appear to be shooting "thru" the object they are hiding behind.

DO is always desirable, no matter the ship.

You can also learn the locations of DO in each map, if you so wish.

The information is in this forum.

In gunship, you kill them with one hit. As I said, I never played this coward ship anymore after this.

But thank you for confirming all I wrote above.

Well, same as your topic post, right?

Did I touch a nerve here, Remusqui? Maybe you recognised yourself in few sentences I wrote here.

I one-shotted an enemy with this ship and stopped playing it afterwards because this kind of cowardice is not an opinion but a fact.

Did I touch a nerve here, Remusqui? Maybe you recognised yourself in few sentences I wrote here.

I one-shotted an enemy with this ship and stopped playing it afterwards because this kind of cowardice is not an opinion but a fact.

Not a bit. I'm just saying that if you're telling someone his opinion is subjective you should at first think about your own.

One-shot with DO? Wow, look at this dude, clearly there is no other ship that can destroy the enemy with double damage in one second. Did u ever need to defend yourself during the match you're speaking of? Sure, gunships are very boring to play when the game is one-sided on its own, you just click and kill. But it's the same with any other ship on stomp matches.

What about aiming at targets that are not moving on right line to you? Playing defense while being focused? Nothing to say, huh?

And why killing a target that didn't even try to do something other than rushing to you and trying to launch a missile hasn't ringed a bell in your head?

You're saying your message touched my nerve, but all I'm seeing is someone, probably playing only strike fighters, who can't play against gunships properly so he says that GS are overpowered. Always the same mood and same words I hear.

And no one even started talking about the "playing for kills" thing. Do you play TDMs without trying to get kills? Or is it about DOM matches where GS are nothing more than supplemental ships?

not likely. keep on topic, which was to ***** about gunships and how indestructible they are.

Merely pointing out, they are not. In fact, they are pretty squishy most times when confronted.

Make sure, you read my tag at the bottom here.

Not a bit. I'm just saying that if you're telling someone his opinion is subjective you should at first think about your own.

One-shot with DO? Wow, look at this dude, clearly there is no other ship that can destroy the enemy with double damage in one second. Did u ever need to defend yourself during the match you're speaking of? Sure, gunships are very boring to play when the game is one-sided on its own, you just click and kill. But it's the same with any other ship on stomp matches.

What about aiming at targets that are not moving on right line to you? Playing defense while being focused? Nothing to say, huh?

And why killing a target that didn't even try to do something other than rushing to you and trying to launch a missile hasn't ringed a bell in your head?

You're saying your message touched my nerve, but all I'm seeing is someone, probably playing only strike fighters, who can't play against gunships properly so he says that GS are overpowered. Always the same mood and same words I hear.

And no one even started talking about the "playing for kills" thing. Do you play TDMs without trying to get kills? Or is it about DOM matches where GS are nothing more than supplemental ships?

ahahah, I did, didnt I? I just love how you assume I play only strikers when you dont have a clue who I am. I also love how defensive you are about the whole GS ****. And still clueless about what I am trying to say here.

So I just had a look at a class I never play, because I have self-esteem. Gunships.

I looked at the components and bursted in laughter.

That ship (which never occured anywhere in all SW universe). Not only it has a 15 click ranged cannon, it also has: Distortion field, Lightweight armor and burst cannons. Congratulations Devs, your 10-yr old kid's dream about indestructible and all-powerful ship came true. Anyone who manages to die and have a low score in this thing cannot be called a good player. You made something like Flashfire, just with ranged cannon that can blast you with single shot.

Any veteran who use this ship just to get kills is outright deplorable.

You have lowered yourself to the same level as the notorious slicers, like Ten Chi or Dash one (Malgus - I think they are the same person).

1. Flashfire's can't kill in one hit without a damage powerup unless target is already low -- buffs years ago made sure of that

2. Gunships are still vulnerable -- they aren't nearly as popular as they used to be because they've been killed so often

3. Just two days ago I managed to lose a Dom despite 25 kills just 2 deaths and over 106k dmg - the problem was 8 of my teammates were on the bottom side of the board with the highest doing 21k and most less than half that. I even had a teammate go 13-14-3 and another 10-15-2 but majority of team was just fodder and had no idea how to defend a sat. The skillgap is just massive and there's no real system in place to actually balance matches.

4. I've managed to be shutout completely but it didn't make me a bad player or suddenly change my status. Especially considering how one-sided things need to be for me to get completely shut out.

5. If any ship was "that good" you'd see it extensively. I still fly my flashfires and stings as map conditions allow, and they're far from popular now. I don't like taking my gunships out because I don't like to give them unnecessary losses and if I have to use it for something other than cq its probably because said team is losing or enemy team is turtling in spawn.

6. There really aren't many "good" gunship pilots around. And most of those that are will be in a different ship most of the time.

The best thing i can say here is, when we post, we post from thousands of matches of experience.

Generally, people who post thing such as what you did, tend to not understand GSF and how it works.

And generally new.

Not trying to be mean, but explaining how off base your view is.

And, trying to point you in the right direction by asking logical questions, and pointing out information you may not have known.

No one gets triggered by posts, more of a "Oh here we go again" type shaking of the head.

Because, you arent the first new person to not understand.

There are plenty of video evidence to refute your take.

And, there are plenty of research material links in these threads for information to help you along.

Use them, or dont. Its up to you.

I am surprised to see gunship hate back. But I will say every time someone complains about strikes being good I bask in it for a while because of just how long they were bad. That said I am thinking they have been good almost as long as they were bad now so it has been a nice retribution. That said I do think some minor nerfs to Protorp and/or buffs to bomber/scouts would be nice, but I always remember it takes years for GSF to see a patch so largely have to just learn the meta and play within it, and this is still the most balanced version of the game since it's launch, and I still love it.

I am surprised to see gunship hate back. But I will say every time someone complains about strikes being good I bask in it for a while because of just how long they were bad. That said I am thinking they have been good almost as long as they were bad now so it has been a nice retribution. That said I do think some minor nerfs to Protorp and/or buffs to bomber/scouts would be nice, but I always remember it takes years for GSF to see a patch so largely have to just learn the meta and play within it, and this is still the most balanced version of the game since it's launch, and I still love it.

yeah i liked strike alot, though before 5.5, it was not a worthy carry ship.

we do understand. and its why we are explaining to you why your view is uninformed.

I play GSF for two years, I usually get to the upper part of the table. I am not too skilled player, that I reckon. But for the whole 2 years, GS is the worst bull.... and nothing is going to change my mind. Sure, it can melt down in few seconds if the player is unskilled. But in the right hands, its untouchable. Now you will say: All the ships are untouchable in right hands. To which I reply: Yes, but not all ships can snipe at 15k

so you could sit in your GS and focus me? No thank you lel

So, you made this post, intending to draw the ire of people who play this game?

It isnt working.

I only think this is the case, considering your replies havent had anything of substance, other than to point out you think someone is triggered.

No one is triggered.

Good luck to you. Use the resources available here to help improve your game or dont.

There is so much information here, you have everything you need, except the experience to use the builds.

And that takes time.

Some people it can take a short time, like a month or two and others can take thousands of matches to be effective.

Its all in how fast you learn.