Ingame music is literally stacking

Yep, its a constant issue since recently. I really dont recall when it started happening, but its been about a month im guessing.

The weird thing is it only happens on the Pub side. Odessen also seems to be the trigger...once i go there, it occurs through the rest of the session. Ive heard as much as three tracks playing at the same time but most of the time its two. The only way to fix it is to hard boot the game. Soft logging or switching to another toon doesnt remedy it once the bug happens.

Ive already run a file verification to no avail. I also am not just turning the music off. Ive been playing this game for 10 years with background music on at a low volume....and it will stay that way. The music in this game is incredible so turning it off will kill it for me.

Any similar experiences from anyone?

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

Yes its been an intermittent issue for years . The only fix is either restarting the client , or fast traveling around to different planets to see if the music that is on a constant loop gets reset

Yes its been an intermittent issue for years . The only fix is either restarting the client , or fast traveling around to different planets to see if the music that is on a constant loop gets reset

Years? Its never been an issue for me until just recently.

But, as ive mentioned...its just the pub side that does it...which is strange in itself. I have played mainly imp for most of my years here, and dont recall this music bug at all.

Well if the bug has been here that long then chances of it being fixed are slim to none. Ill just keep trying to work with it or put up with it. :/

I always have the ingame music turned to zero*, so I don't know anything about it. But, I'm wondering what happens if you play a Jukebox or a Music Probe? Does the ingame music go away while the Juke or Probe is playing (or does it 'stack') and, more to the point, does in come back stacked?

I'd like to check this in game later, but I'll probably forget. 🙄

* Most of the time when I'm just PvE'ing, I listen to podcasts or music on Youtube, or similar things, so I have the in game music turned off.

Edited by JediQuaker

I always have the ingame music turned to zero*, so I don't know anything about it. But, I'm wondering what happens if you play a Jukebox or a Music Probe? Does the ingame music go away while the Juke or Probe is playing (or does it 'stack') and, more to the point, does in come back stacked?

I'd like to check this in game later, but I'll probably forget. 🙄

* Most of the time when I'm just PvE'ing, I listen to podcasts or music on Youtube, or similar things, so I have the in game music turned off.

I havent tried that yet.....yet ive played the jukeboxes many times and never had any issues. Ive never had any issues with the music until i started really putting a lot of time into the pub side of this game. Ill try the jukebox deal and see what happens.

Odessen seems to be the the starting point of the bug. As long as i stay off that world, then no issue. Travel to Odessen and whatever music was playing, and the current music stacks together.

Yes, this has gone on for quite a few years. Taris and Rishi background music likes to continuously play no matter where you go, even logging out. I usually just close game and relog in. Taris for me is the biggest offender of doing this. I'd venture to say most people don't notice. But as a musician, it can really be irksome..... unless I've been drinking :rak_09:

Strange things happened to me with sound last night. First I got into Starfighter for GS and ALL sound went off. Until I got blown up then as a ship respawned the sound came back.

Later doing Section X missions I got a strange mixture of happy cantina music and spooky music. I wondered if the mount I saw somebody on had anything to do with it. Are the mounts that produce music? There used to be a mini pet in the original Guild Wars that did but it annoyed some people which it ruined for people like me who got the mini pet later on and wanted to hear her theme song play. Anyway, the music stopped and i just got wind and thunder sounds then the spooky music came back. Then it went away. Then it came back..and went a away, and game back and.....

Edited by RameiArashi

Strange things happened to me with sound last night. First I got into Starfighter for GS and ALL sound went off. Until I got blown up then as a ship respawned the sound came back.

This is actually a known issue, at least among the GSF community. Or the Flashfire community rather, because we know it to be some new Strike Fighter hack or something. There is no denying it.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

This is one of the reasons why I play with music turned off now (that and I can't stand the character selection music anymore).

The thing is that other sounds than music will also keep playing. If you do space missions (not GSF, the rail shooter) your ship has some rumbling sound that will keep playing even when you are out of your ship. And it sticks through login on a different character, so if you want to get rid of it your only choice is to restart the game.

Edited by demotivator

The thing is that other sounds than music will also keep playing. If you do space missions (not GSF, the rail shooter) your ship has some rumbling sound that will keep playing even when you are out of your ship. And it sticks through login on a different character, so if you want to get rid of it your only choice is to restart the game.

The space rumble goes away when you open and close the galaxy map. No such thing for stacking music though.