If only one thing about the game you'd wish for came true, what would it be?

xordevoreaux

But, on topic:

This 🙂 👍

But with some trepidation. I really liked Guild Wars, and was looking forward to Guild Wars 2, but suffice it to say I play SWTOR now, and not GW2. 🤔

I don't think we'll ever have a swtor 2, if there is going to be another SW MMO, they'll pick a different direction, and hopefully a better company.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, on topic:

This 🙂 👍

But with some trepidation. I really liked Guild Wars, and was looking forward to Guild Wars 2, but suffice it to say I play SWTOR now, and not GW2. 🤔

Buzz is buzz. It feels like Star Wars is just as popular now as it was right after I saw "A New Hope" in the theatre in Topeka, KS in 1977. I would LOVE it if they would pour money into this game and just keep adding content, voice actors, companion stories, etc. in perpetuity. If that can't happen, then a whole new SWTOR 2!

I don't think we'll ever have a swtor 2, if there is going to be another SW MMO, they'll pick a different direction, and hopefully a better company.

Kind of sad that we're looking at things in this context now ! So much untapped potential:

** reactivating companions ( be better customization and repeatable interactions just for fun)

** New class (as I mentioned previously)

** More class stories ( this is ALSO one of the things that really kick started SWTOR). IMO this is one area where the team could go absolutely NUTS !!!

** And (with a little TLC) PvP areas could be fun too (if someone so chose to make it so)

** Even GS could be fun (with the right incentives / rewards and options to play) :D

Other added items that have been suggested along the way:

** New current engine

** New strong holds (ie : Space station on the outer rim)

** Improved customization features

** Reviving and updating some of the older armor designs with more detailed and better appearances (Some of the older designs are really nice ... just needs more detail and art work updated a bit. Satele's armor is a good example.

The trim needs some attention. )

And of course EVERYBODY's favorite ... (wait for it .... ) BUG SQUASHING !!!

Kind of sad that we're looking at things in this context now ! So much untapped potential:

** reactivating companions ( be better customization and repeatable interactions just for fun)

** New class (as I mentioned previously)

** More class stories ( this is ALSO one of the things that really kick started SWTOR). IMO this is one area where the team could go absolutely NUTS !!!

** And (with a little TLC) PvP areas could be fun too (if someone so chose to make it so)

** Even GS could be fun (with the right incentives / rewards and options to play) :D

Other added items that have been suggested along the way:

** New current engine

** New strong holds (ie : Space station on the outer rim)

** Improved customization features

** Reviving and updating some of the older armor designs with more detailed and better appearances (Some of the older designs are really nice ... just needs more detail and art work updated a bit. Satele's armor is a good example.

The trim needs some attention. )

And of course EVERYBODY's favorite ... (wait for it .... ) BUG SQUASHING !!!

It comes down to willingness to invest, EA has no interest or willingness to invest in this game, it gives just enough to keep the CM going, with scraps for new content, which is why you've the farce we've had lately....

Sad, but true

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DarkTergon

Sadly agree. If there is another SW MMO it would probably be High Republic, as that's the direction they are next taking the franchise. No Empire, no Sith. No thanks :)

Well, there are two possibilities for an SWTOR2.

One possibility is simply a new engine with most of the existing graphics, etc, ported to the new engine without significant change in basic gameplay. (Which is what I'd like.)

The other possibility is BW going in a new direction, which may or may not be to my liking. 🙂

The problem is that a lot of the buzz is negative. Disney basically trashed Star Wars with the horrible sequel trilogy, and nearly (if not completely) trashed The Mandalorian over the whole Gina Carano thing.

Few of us have any faith in any other SW stuff Disney may come up with. 😥

Interesting. I thought that was just a small blip on the radar. None of my Star Wars fan friends cared much. They liked her character, but she was hardly central to the story. Everyone I know was far more interested on where the story was going to go with Grogu gone. Everyone is loving Bad Batch. Everyone is excited about The Book of Boba Fett. Asoka was well received and people are salivating for Thrawn. Kenobi is also highly anticipated.

I know it's impossible to replay Class stories.

How about let us replay all expansion after Class stories, before Kotxx?

I admit I just *really* love talking to Theron in those expansions, I don't want to reroll a character just to relive it.

Interesting. I thought that was just a small blip on the radar. None of my Star Wars fan friends cared much. They liked her character, but she was hardly central to the story. Everyone I know was far more interested on where the story was going to go with Grogu gone. Everyone is loving Bad Batch. Everyone is excited about The Book of Boba Fett. Asoka was well received and people are salivating for Thrawn. Kenobi is also highly anticipated.

It depends somewhat on the age of the fans. Older fans like myself who loved the original trilogy were a bit disappointed with the prequels, but we hoped that future movies would be better. But no, the sequels make the prequels look good. They killed or ruined all the original beloved characters. Luke is gone, Han is dead, Lea was just a 'leader' (and is now dead), and Chewbacca is now just a background character. Bah humbug! 🤬

I have DVDs/Blu-rays of the original trilogy and the prequels. I even broke down and bought (cheap) DVDs of the first two sequels, but I can't bring myself to even complete the set by buying the final movie. 🤬

Younger fans, who've grown up with Disney, are likely more tolerant of cheesiness (baby Yoda, porgs, etc). Many of them are more interested in Mandalorian stuff, which was only a very minor part of the original stories. It hardly counts as Star Wars for me. It's basically a totally different 'story' set in the SW universe. 😥

It would be like having a program about the trade dealings of the Ferengi and claiming it's Star Trek. 🙄

Edited by JediQuaker

It depends somewhat on the age of the fans...

Feel the same as the entire quoted post. As far as I’m concerned, the Star Wars saga is comprised only of:

- the prequel trilogy

- Rogue One

- the original trilogy

Everything else - including the Solo movie - doesn’t exist.

Edited by mike_carton

Another vote for more Original Companion interactions. Not interested in any of the new ones, but don't mind if they get more play if the old companions do as well.

A lot of folks really like having fun with companions !! More frequent .. and even some that were repeatable !!

Companions and class stories really did help define this game from the outset !

A 'Galactic Chronicles'(?) that plays out like an interactive tapestry of our character's stories, highlighting not just our most significant story decisions and planetary missions decisions (if at all), but also romantic prospects we've engaged in accessible from our ship and SH. And that it works! That's technically 1 thing :D

I miss when 'Legacy' had a greater potential in terms of a personal story rather than just stat bonuses, item muling and a busted family tree.

+1

Legacy needs a rework or enhancement. Maybe a character sheet for the toons in the legacy, complete with their crew skill, story progress and choices tab, LI, alignment, custom codex entry, gear rating, current spec, etc.

The resources and personnel to make an expansion and content cycle on par with what was planned for 1.x before F2P. This investment could be made to extend the life of SWTOR or to give it a proper ending.

This means:

1) new large planets (like those included with the launch game and through Makeb)

2) Significant story content (with at least a little class-specific interaction and dialogue, if not a quest or two, allowing players to at least temporarily abandon the generic "Commander" character role)

3) Quality FPs that expand on the new story or introduce something new as well (like Kaon Under Siege/Lost Island)

4) A couple new 8v8 PVP modes with completely original maps

5) 2-3 Operations with a story tie-in, like the Dread Masters arc

6) 1-2 new GSF modes and maps (folks have been asking for a defending/defeating capital ships mode for years)

7) An "Armor Designer" system that allows players to access a modified version of what developers use to design NPC armor (giving us the ability to remove extra shoulder pads, backpacks, attachments, make hoods up or down, etc.)

8) Pazaak added to player ships, cantinas, and other appropriate areas. A player vs. player mode would be ideal, but player vs. NPCs is fine as well

9) Revisit leveling class story, planetary arc, and side quest characters and upgrade their armors. The CM armors have gotten so great that the player character now looks completely out of place when leveling, in a bad way.

10) Fix the worst bugs, including cosmetic ones that affect CM items like the "large rear end" bug. This came back in patch 5.2 (Iokath daily area) after being fixed 5 years earlier in patch 1.3, and ruined or significantly altered many good CM and in-game armor sets folks collected

11) Give companions at least 1 (if not more) of their unique abilities back for each of the 2 roles they had before 4.0, leaving the 3rd "new" role with standard animations

This was off the top of my head, and seems enough for a wish list.

Edited by arunav

Having the Alliance as a viable third choice, instead of being dragged back into the quagmire of the same old same old.

That would be my second choice, after having a separate story for each class. However if there was a return to separate stories for each class, not sure what would happen to the Alliance, or even if it was workable now. So maybe the Alliance would just be more practical now, over individual stories for each class.

So I think I will change my original choice to this.

The resources and personnel to make an expansion and content cycle on par with what was planned for 1.x before F2P. This investment could be made to extend the life of SWTOR or to give it a proper ending.

This means:

1) new large planets (like those included with the launch game and through Makeb)

2) Significant story content (with at least a little class-specific interaction and dialogue, if not a quest or two, allowing players to at least temporarily abandon the generic "Commander" character role)

3) Quality FPs that expand on the new story or introduce something new as well (like Kaon Under Siege/Lost Island)

4) A couple new 8v8 PVP modes with completely original maps

5) 2-3 Operations with a story tie-in, like the Dread Masters arc

6) 1-2 new GSF modes and maps (folks have been asking for a defending/defeating capital ships mode for years)

7) An "Armor Designer" system that allows players to access a modified version of what developers use to design NPC armor (giving us the ability to remove extra shoulder pads, backpacks, attachments, make hoods up or down, etc.)

8) Pazaak added to player ships, cantinas, and other appropriate areas. A player vs. player mode would be ideal, but player vs. NPCs is fine as well

9) Revisit leveling class story, planetary arc, and side quest characters and upgrade their armors. The CM armors have gotten so great that the player character now looks completely out of place when leveling, in a bad way.

10) Fix the worst bugs, including cosmetic ones that affect CM items like the "large rear end" bug. This came back in patch 5.2 (Iokath daily area) after being fixed 5 years earlier in patch 1.3, and ruined or significantly altered many good CM and in-game armor sets folks collected

11) Give companions at least 1 (if not more) of their unique abilities back for each of the 2 roles they had before 4.0, leaving the 3rd "new" role with standard animations

This was off the top of my head, and seems enough for a wish list.

A wish list sure, however I believe it was "if you could change one thing" that was asked for, not a list.I am sure every poster/player has a long list.

A wish list sure, however I believe it was "if you could change one thing" that was asked for, not a list.I am sure every poster/player has a long list.

The one thing was listed in the first sentence. It was clarified with numerated points. A content cycle on par with what was initially planned in 1.x before F2P is a huge wish list.

Edited by arunav

That this very outdated version of the Hero Engine , was updated to the very latest , or replaced with a different one entirely , to allow for much better integration with modern CPU and GPU systems , x64 multi threaded capability , dx11

The current up to date hero engine itself is capable of multi phase maps, far greater assets loading among many other things , the bonuses to improved engine performance would allow them to do more than hallway/small room encounter story content they stick to since KOTFE , little to no performance hitching in PVP zones , greater UI functions and performance , and importantly greater CPU/RAM/GPU usage.

A set of really excellent tutorial levels for GSF attached to a really big really obvious button with the word TUTORIALS on it in the GSF hangar.

Oh, and if the final tutorial level was something like a race course or a "trench run" like assault on a canyon/space station/asteroid cluster that could be abused as a bit of fun GSF PvE (give it a time to completion timer for some replay value), then that would just be a cherry on top.